Belly pain

Amy_Rod618
on 3/13/16 5:40 pm
VSG on 02/08/16

So yesterday I threw up for the first time since surgery. I think I was eating too fast (was at work and trying to squeeze lunch in to a busy night on an OB floor) I will not make that mistake again!!

However, ever since then I have not felt so great. Pain in my belly, feeling bloated, and crampy feeling in my lower abdomen. Haven't experienced this at all since surgery. I am a little over 1 month post-op (surgery was 2/8) and I progressed to regular foods last monday and haven't had any problems with any of the food I have tried so far.

Will most likely call my surgeon in the morning, but looking for thoughts in the meantime.

beelitehobbies
on 3/13/16 6:25 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/27/15

Been there. It does improve.

Ask your surgeon or nurses about the pain and symptoms. Those do not sound normal to me?

Male 55, Initial weight 388#, and 6'1" / surgery weight 360#/Current Weight is 296#

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/14/16 4:35 am

For whatever reason - you pissed off your sleeve.  When that happen - be gentle with it, easy to digest foods, even liquids, at least for a day or 2... Smaller why. 

Even 8 years post op - when my guts get irritated - I try to treat it like " a baby". Slow and easy... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

LosinginAZ
on 3/14/16 7:41 am

This maybe a weird question, but have you had a bowel movement in a few days? That happened to me when I switched stages and it gave me terrible cramps. Good luck!

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 196 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views