Back Pain?

cupofjavaVSG
on 4/19/16 6:54 am

I'm three weeks post op and my back is hurting. Anyone else have back pain after surgery? I wake up and my back hurts. Also, I did not have back pain prior to surgery.

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 4/19/16 8:14 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I havent had surgery yet, but while its only 3 weeks, maybe youve lost enough weight in areas to where youre sleeping different? That, and possibly contouring body in a way to be more comfortable while sleeping that is putting different pressure and stress on bones, so when you awake youre sore

Just speculation, no idea of what back pain could mean as far as issues from post-op?

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/16 9:54 am

More than likely you are using muscle unused to being used when compensating for the physical distress caused to your abdominal wall by the VSG. That would easily account for the soreness in your back. If it persists, I'd recommend speaking to a medical provider. 

Msjones514
on 4/20/16 11:44 am
VSG on 03/31/16

My left side hurts like I have a pulled muscle, but that's impossible. Yesterday my right shoulder and my neck were hurting. I feel your pain, sorta. Lol. I'm 3 weeks out tomorrow, by the way. 

On my way back to being me. 

Most Active