AHHH!!! Surgery is TOMORROW!!!

slahera28
on 4/26/16 6:47 pm
VSG on 04/27/16

I literally have so many emotions running through me right now, I can barely keep my head straight.

1. I want to eat everything in my pantry
  2. I don't want to anything because I'm so nervous
  3. I wonder how my SO is going to handle our 2 year old for the next 2 days
  4. I hope I don't fart when I'm knocked out
  5. I hope the doctor doesn't find the taco bell I had last night (oops)

I can't wait to start this new journey in my life. I've gone through so much in my life that I just need a fresh start with my family and new friends.

What did you eat the night before your surgery as your "last meal"? My doctor didn't require me to do the liquid diet which I was very shocked by because I read that most people do. I had my last beer yesterday which actually got me buzzed and gave me a huge headache. 

What are you going to miss eating? I am going to miss PIZZA! It's my favorite. All the cheesy goodness. And garlic rolls from the Big Cheese (local pizzeria in Miami) (so much garlic, it lasts for days). 

I wish everyone the best of luck in your journey to a healthy you. Thanks for listening to my nonsense. 

HW: 276 SW: 243.6 CW: 217 GW: 140

luvmypuggies
on 4/26/16 10:29 pm

LOL. :)  Not to get you too excited or anything, but you will be able to eat pizza again someday, so don't despair too much.  You will want to skip the crust (seriously, not because you have to but because you truly won't want the carbs and calories), but the cheese and toppings are the good parts anyway, right?!  That's way down the road of course, but when you get to the soft foods phase, you can have the ricotta bake from "The World According to Eggface" blog - lots of people here rave about it, and my family gobbles it down as well (I add turkey pepperoni pieces to make it more pizza-lake).

Good luck with your surgery, and we'll see you on the flip-side.  Let us know how it went!

seabexlose
on 4/26/16 10:33 pm
VSG on 04/12/16 with

Good luck with your surgery! 

My last meal was a lean cuisine, because I did have a strict pre-op diet, though it wasn't totally a liquid one.  I did have pizza as my last thing before starting the pre-op diet though.  I also just LOVE pizza, or really anything that's full of cheese.

Now that I'm on soft foods, as of today, I was able to eat some things to satisfy that cheesy tooth I have.  Just have to be more thoughtful about how to get that from now on. 

Check in after you're awake and let us know how you're doing.

slahera28
on 4/27/16 7:00 am
VSG on 04/27/16

Thanks. I will definitely try to check in later. 

HW: 276 SW: 243.6 CW: 217 GW: 140