Surgery Tomorrow!

JTMGPW
on 5/11/16 1:11 pm

Surgery is tomorrow! On all clear liquids as of this morning, stopped all vitamins and nsaids two weeks ago & have no other medications other than tylenol. Jesus I'm hungry. Someone tell me that it gets better, LOL.

All packed for the hospital - one night stay. I have my charger, my headphones, my ipad, comfy clothes & PJ's. Packed milk of magnesia (oh it is so yucky!!) and gas-x. What am I missing??

At home I have a week's worth of bone broth, a month supply of vitamins, ****tail forks and children's utensils, small plates, shot glasses to sip out of and tons of Isopure and protein water bottles. Am I missing anything?

I'm so nervous, I'm somewhat excited, I'm getting more and more frightened, I'm dreaming of health returning to me, My palms sweat every time I think about the surgery.

Sigh.

seabexlose
on 5/11/16 1:29 pm
VSG on 04/12/16 with

Sounds like you're set!  The nervousness, excitement, fear (and hunger!) are all normal feelings before such a big moment!  Congrats!

slahera28
on 5/11/16 2:19 pm, edited 5/11/16 12:32 pm
VSG on 04/27/16

Jello, and sugar free Popsicles. They're a lifesaver and keeps your mouth hydrated. Also take some cream for your legs. They'll get ashy. It won't get better Til you're off clear liquids. Make sure to TRY and get down water or crystal light. I ended up in the ER for dehydration. Nothing wrong with getting some fluids. Once your anesthesiologist gives you some ****tails, you'll be fine. It'll be over before you know it. Good luck!!!

HW: 276 SW: 243.6 CW: 217 GW: 140

slahera28
on 5/11/16 2:20 pm
VSG on 04/27/16

Oh and Chapstick!!!!

HW: 276 SW: 243.6 CW: 217 GW: 140

KansasPrincess
on 5/11/16 2:25 pm - Gardner, KS
VSG on 10/15/15

maybe your own pillow ( comforts of home) and maybe a heating pad

P goode
on 5/11/16 6:17 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 05/11/16

24 hrs ago I was in your shoes! All done- sitting in chair in hospital watching TV and sip sip siping. Sipping was very uncomfortable most of the day but finally everything seems to be feeling much much better. The Jell-O is really really helping it's so soothing to the stomach have something in there along with the liquids. Thanks to people on the board and remembered my phone charger and I brought my tablet as well. I'm so glad it's done you will be too :) 

Done! Your Ticker:

"Long ago in a galaxy far away"- WT-325. Lap band WT-287. Sleeve WT- 220, SW- 215, CW-144

luvmypuggies
on 5/11/16 6:18 pm

Lol - take note of your hungry feeling now because you prob won't feel it again for a long long time (if ever)! :)

Your jitters are totally normal - try to relax (yeah right) and let the pro's do their thing and take care of you, and it will all be over before you know it.  Then the real fun begins!!  Remember the post-op mantra: sip sip sip, walk walk walk.

Good luck tomorrow!  Check back in when you can and let us know how it goes.

Ray R.
on 5/11/16 8:05 pm - Paterson, NJ

wow you're truly set-personally I did have extra strength tylenol just in case and I actually did take it when I didn't want to sleep by my percocet. Other than that you sound prepared!!

Wish you a speedy recovery!! before you know, it'll be over!! just remember to sip sip walk, sip sip walk

Newbie2016
on 5/13/16 11:44 am
VSG on 05/11/16

Hello, 

So how did everything go for you? 

Age 38, Pre Op Weight 244, Surgery Weight 230, Goal 165

JTMGPW
on 5/13/16 6:46 pm

Hi there! Just got home, dealing with gas and discomfort and awesome lack of bowel movements :/. other than that, Dr said it went well and Just need to heal up. I will post more when I'm more awake ;P. 

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 196 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views