At what weight did you shrink out of plus sized clothes?

obioxiupa
on 6/14/16 1:08 pm

I'm interested in hearing from the vets out there...how tall are you, and around what weight did you shrink out of plus sized clothes?

Vsg April 25th 2016 with Benjamin Shadle.

Starting weight 351, surgery weight 331

M1 -22.2 M2 - 14.2 M3 -8.9 M4 - 12.1 M5 - 4.7

8/22/2016 Lost 60.1 since surgery.  Lost 78.2 overall.

Goals:  1)Get under 300 - done!  Yeah!  2) Get under 280 (Yeah met this on 8/10/16) 3)Get under 268 (stay tuned!)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/14/16 2:10 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I'm 5'5". If memory serves, I was in a 16 somewhere just over the 200lb mark?

I'm 169 right now and a size 10; at my lowest, I wore size 2/4 at 145 - 148lb.

Vanity sizing is weird, and apparently I have lead bones or something, who knows.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Laura in Texas
on 6/14/16 2:12 pm, edited 6/14/16 7:24 am

I am 5'7" and if I remember correctly I was around 200-210 pounds when I could fit in regular sized clothes.

ETA Above 200 I could shop in several regular sized stores but when I got right under 200 I could shop anywhere.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Bufflehead
on 6/14/16 2:38 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I'm 5'5 and it was at about 185 lbs that I was out of plus size clothes.

-Flo-
on 6/14/16 4:18 pm
DS on 04/11/16

5'5" 200lbs for a size 16 or XL

DonnaMaria
on 6/14/16 4:35 pm

5'8" I am 205 and wear a 16.

Darcy G.
on 6/14/16 6:22 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

I just woke up from a long nap and I have deadline-brain, which is basically very very mushy.... so I answered this on the other thread. I don't know why. I think I saw the title and just mashed the two threads together in my mush-brain.

I'm not out of plus sizes yet, but I am at a size where pretty much every store I go to has clothing that will fit me, which is neat! And wearing 20 or 22 pretty much across the board. I have some XL blouses I have inherited from the clothes fairy, but I don't know where she got them or what the XL meant...

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

obioxiupa
on 6/14/16 8:55 pm

Clothes from normal stores, clothes in normal sizes - exciting stuff!  I can't wait.  Good motivation.  How at you doing Darcy?

Goals:  1)Get under 300 - done!  Yeah!  2) Get under 280 (Yeah met this on 8/10/16) 3)Get under 268 (stay tuned!)

Darcy G.
on 6/14/16 9:12 pm
VSG on 04/07/16

I don't really know what to consider normal sizes. I still think of size 20 as plus sizes, but I'm not sure I'll ever reach what I consider Normal(like 12 and under).

But, any department store I go to pretty much has up to size 24 usually. I could've bought some cheap jeans at Walmart the day of my surgery, I bet. I didn't because I really had no idea what size I wore until I got the size 20 jeans from the same clothes fairy and they fit. They aren't uncomfortable at all, but they are skinny  jeans so they do stretch. I'm guessing that means they fit... I really have no idea. My litmus test for my WHOLE LIFE has been: can I put it on my body without bursting a seam? Yes? Ok, these fit.

Now I have pants that are a size 26 and I know this is how I figured out I shouldn't wear them anymore. They don't fall straight off when I stand up(it's close but not yet...), but when I sit down and scoot back in a chair, my butt scoots but the jeans DON'T. They stay right where i sat and then my butt goes scooting right over the waistband. And then I'm just sitting there in my underpants with jeans around the tops of my thighs. Okay to happen at home, not so okay to happen in public. But if I were going to the store to try on pants with this in mind, I would've still probably reached for the 24s because... I can't imagine how these 20s fit me. I didn't even want to try them on yet when the clothes fairy stopped by with clothes. I was like... Oh in a couple months, I'll be able to wear these for sure! And she was all... TRY THEM RIGHT NOW. No laying down to zip them. No dancing around like the world's worst dancer on a trampoline...  They just pulled up, buttoned, zipped, and I darn near fainted. SHOCK. Not oxygen deprivation.

I'm doing pretty good. Having very few Rupert-related problems. He likes everything I've given him the past couple weeks except left over ham that was a bit DRY. He didn't care for that. Dry = not Rupert-friendly. We've mostly got my heart medicines sorted out, and we had to drop one of them in order to do it. So instead of 2 pills, it's just one now! And only HALF of one at that :) Still having trouble regulating my coumadin because my body still doesn't know WTH is going on... But I'm much better. Even got through my stall and started losing again. 6 pounds in 3 weeks, where before I was a Drama Llama going: DID I GO THROUGH ALL THIS TO LOSE 30 POUNDS? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!???!!!

How are you? Aside from AWESOME to be at first goal :D

Program Start Weight 346 | Surgery Weight 282 | CW 217 | 5'-6.3"

High Weight 376, about a year before program. I gave up diet pop(and all pop), dropped 30 pounds without trying, and kept it off. Now convinced Carbonated Beverages. Are. Evil.

DISCLAIMER: My posts often have weird typos... Because I use a tablet or Kindle to access the forums despite how much I suck at tablet typing. Apologies!

obioxiupa
on 6/15/16 1:02 pm

Darcy -

I'm so glad to hear Rubert is doing good, and that you are loosing again.  And that you are fitting in size 20's.  You are amazing.  I saw in another post you will be flying soon, I have to fly in a few months and have been wondering the same thing, I've been avoding flying like the plague - so embarrassing and uncomfortable not to fit.  I even drove 7 hours each way for a couple of work meetings instead of flying.  I can't wait to fit in seats again.  I'm sure you will fit now...the last time I was under 270 I fit fine in an airplane seat.

I'm doing good with things - still have times when I'm really exhausted, but that is getting better.  I'm walking every day, but want to start doing some additional physical activity too, I got on the elipitcal this morning and I did yard work (4 hours of push mower, trimming hedges etc - I may have slightly overdone it because when I was done I sat in a chair for two hours and didn't move, lol) over the weekend that I don't think I could have done before surgery...pretty awesome.

My stomach is doing good with most things I eat.  I'm bored with what I'm eating though, and I miss feeling full - not sure if that comes back.  Eating isn't very satisfying.  I'm getting hungry in the afternoon's too, trying to move around what I'm eating when - moving a snack to lunch time, and trying to eat dense protein around 3 to see if that helps.  I'm wondering if I have some acid issues too that might be making me feel hungry.

Keep up the great work, and I want to hear how the travel goes.

Tara

Most Active