I almost gave up...

Mandyymariee92
on 7/15/16 12:30 pm
VSG on 03/28/16

I was supposed to have my surgery in March after a long drawn out process, Months of a supervised diet with my primary DR, Etc.. I had everything done for surgery including pre-op classes, Psych eval, Nutrition eval and my EGD... Well after I did my 3 months with my primary, My coordinator submitted all my info/packet to my insurance and it came back denied.. HOW?! They said they require me to do 6 months and not 3.. Really?! I wasn't going to have to start over, I would just have to do 3 more months... I went to my next appt with my primary (which would of made it 4 months DONE).. A couple weeks after that I get a call from the coordinator and she told me that my doctor has switched to a "private practice" and is no longer in network with my insurance provider... I did so much, so much work, So much time invested, Trips to OCALA, FL which is almost 2 hours away from home for nothing... All I wanted and waited for is to get my approval and get my sleeve done... How depressing, I stopped thinking about it for a while but today, After about 4 months- I contacted another bariatric center and am setting up a time to do in for a consult.. I WANT this, I NEED this and I almost gave up completely.. Rant over... I need some encouragement. 

Shalo
on 7/15/16 12:50 pm

I understand.  My Bariatric team called me one morning.  " We are looking everything over,  looks good, just waiting to hear from your Doctor".   We will be calling you back with a date.  2 hours later I get the call.   I was so excited.  It was from my Endocrinologist,  " We just don't like your levels".   Cut to three months later, and me on a drug to "see what happens".    It is like being on a roller coaster.  Some times I just want off the ride also.  But I hear tell from the Batiatric community that it is all worth it.   So I am going to have faith that when the time is right for me, it will go as planned.   Quoting Dory " Just keep swimming....

Mandyymariee92
on 7/15/16 12:53 pm, edited 7/15/16 5:57 am
VSG on 03/28/16

Thank you for the kind words.. I know exactly how you feel, Sometimes I just think to myself that I should just seriously give up, that its never going to happen... I want to jump back "on the ride" but this time I am hoping its "full speed ahead" & Not too many "speed bumps".

Kris R.
on 7/15/16 12:55 pm - Walworth, NY

Good for you for not giving up.  Anything worth having is worth fighting and working for.  You'll be so glad you did this for you when its done.  Keep moving forward.  

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

Mandyymariee92
on 7/15/16 12:59 pm
VSG on 03/28/16

Thank you, I don't want to give up.. Sometimes it is just hard to remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel! 

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 7/15/16 12:59 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Man thats tough. Dont give up. Where about do you live? I'm 2 hours south of Ocala near Palm Beach. I saw your post about Celebration, so I'm assuming you're near Orlando area?

If not, I was really impressed with Dr Wizman in Margate (near Ft Lauderdale). His entire program/staff has been great. May be too far though if you're in the central area.

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Mandyymariee92
on 7/15/16 1:06 pm
VSG on 03/28/16

I am about 3 hours north of you, About 20 minutes west of Daytona Beach..

Celebration is about an hour or just over from me.

I have been doing research and am just trying to find someone to go through with and not get tossed out at the very last second again.

Boo :(

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 7/15/16 1:10 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Ya, that would suck

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/16 1:28 pm

So very upsetting to go through that but don't give up. This is the best thing you will ever do for your health.Shame that your Dr did not refer you to someone else. Doesn't seem right to leave his patients in a lurch like that. You can do it though. You can find a Dr that will see you through this. I'm sure you will ask any future Drs of their plans!

Good luck..it won't beat you..you'll beat it and get this done!

phred
on 7/15/16 3:06 pm - CO

When you are up to your ass in alligators it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

If it feels good, do it!  And if it smells good, eat it!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 200 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views