GETTING SCARED!!!!!!

hollykim
on 9/22/16 1:28 pm, edited 9/22/16 9:16 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 22, 2016 at 4:33 PM Pacific Time, McLassie wrote:

Anita didn't mean any harm by her comment. She was trying to comfortingly say that it's common to be scared before surgery. I work in surgery and I can confirm that they give patients versed pre-op because most people are nervous. That's all she was trying to say. :)

then she shouldn't have used the word "all." That is patently wrong. 

McLassie
on 9/22/16 4:10 pm
VSG on 07/25/16

Hey, don't speak for me. I love Thai food! 

hollykim
on 9/22/16 4:17 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 22, 2016 at 11:10 PM Pacific Time, McLassie wrote:

Hey, don't speak for me. I love Thai food! 

and I don't like it, thanks auto correct.

Anita
on 9/21/16 9:08 pm

so terribly sorry if you misunderstood my comment....it was meant to reassure the original poster that at some time or another, each of us has thoughts, concerns, issues, fears, anxieties, doubts, second thoughts, questions or whatever just prior to making major life changing decisions. I applaud the fact that you are one of those people who never experienced any of those human frailties. It has always been my understanding that this forum is to support each other, not snipe....we get enough of that **** from outsiders. I certainly hope you will be magnanimous enough to forgive my horrific error in using the word "all" when I should have taken the time to query those on this board to make certain that I named the names of anyone who had no fear at all.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Kudzu
on 9/22/16 4:40 am
VSG on 07/28/16

hollykim
on 9/22/16 7:06 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 22, 2016 at 4:08 AM Pacific Time, Anita wrote:

so terribly sorry if you misunderstood my comment....it was meant to reassure the original poster that at some time or another, each of us has thoughts, concerns, issues, fears, anxieties, doubts, second thoughts, questions or whatever just prior to making major life changing decisions. I applaud the fact that you are one of those people who never experienced any of those human frailties. It has always been my understanding that this forum is to support each other, not snipe....we get enough of that **** from outsiders. I certainly hope you will be magnanimous enough to forgive my horrific error in using the word "all" when I should have taken the time to query those on this board to make certain that I named the names of anyone who had no fear at all.

it's ok for you to be wrong, no harm. It might be wise not to use the word " all" when you don't know what your are talking about.

Anita
on 9/22/16 8:27 am

it would seem that you have a need to correct people....if your snarkiness makes you feel better, I'm thrilled that I have been able to give you that opportunity. Since I've been on this board, I've seen a constant stream of extremely supportive people.............apparently I've stumbled upon the exception. Thank you for pointing out that I don't know what I'm talking about.....I've spent the past 25 years as an advisor to people who make anywhere from $100,000 to over $2 million annually and have helped them to increase their earnings.......I'll have to go back and tell all of them that I was wrong and they should have ignored me.....I'm sure they'll be happy to hear that.

I'm not sure what your problem is that you got your panties in a bunch over my use of the GENERALIZED word "all" to try to give a newbie a bit of comfort over their concerns, but I would hope that you are able to chill out and get past your apparent need to make sure I know how horrid I am (trust me.......if that was your goal, you've failed because I'm very happy with who I am and what I've accomplished in my life). In truth, I've never before encountered a person who was excited about the prospect of having someone cut them open and remove part of their anatomy without at least a little trepidation. I believe that anyone who has made the decision to go through with this surgery, or any other WLS, has done a good deal of research on the pros, cons and follow up, yet as the date gets closer, that person might have some additional questions. I also believe that as people who have been through it, it is incumbent upon us to help them in any way possible.

If you need to have the last word, go for it......I'm done with you and people like you. I have it on good authority that Xanax works.....  Have a great day and a wonderful life.

hollykim
on 9/22/16 11:40 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 22, 2016 at 3:27 PM Pacific Time, Anita wrote:

it would seem that you have a need to correct people....if your snarkiness makes you feel better, I'm thrilled that I have been able to give you that opportunity. Since I've been on this board, I've seen a constant stream of extremely supportive people.............apparently I've stumbled upon the exception. Thank you for pointing out that I don't know what I'm talking about.....I've spent the past 25 years as an advisor to people who make anywhere from $100,000 to over $2 million annually and have helped them to increase their earnings.......I'll have to go back and tell all of them that I was wrong and they should have ignored me.....I'm sure they'll be happy to hear that.

I'm not sure what your problem is that you got your panties in a bunch over my use of the GENERALIZED word "all" to try to give a newbie a bit of comfort over their concerns, but I would hope that you are able to chill out and get past your apparent need to make sure I know how horrid I am (trust me.......if that was your goal, you've failed because I'm very happy with who I am and what I've accomplished in my life). In truth, I've never before encountered a person who was excited about the prospect of having someone cut them open and remove part of their anatomy without at least a little trepidation. I believe that anyone who has made the decision to go through with this surgery, or any other WLS, has done a good deal of research on the pros, cons and follow up, yet as the date gets closer, that person might have some additional questions. I also believe that as people who have been through it, it is incumbent upon us to help them in any way possible.

If you need to have the last word, go for it......I'm done with you and people like you. I have it on good authority that Xanax works.....  Have a great day and a wonderful life.

I don't care anything about you. When you say "all" you are speaking for me and I don't need you to speak for me.

sassy64
on 9/23/16 12:19 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Anita, as a pre-surgery newbie here, I appreciate your support and comforting words, so thank you.  I'd also like to thank you for showing class when confronted with someone who clearly chooses to pick a fight over semantics as opposed to offering support and encouragement  to a member who is dealing with pre-surgery nerves. Keep your positive vibe, I know all of us here, oops, I mean the majority of us appreciate it!

Anita
on 9/23/16 12:43 am

Thanks Sassy.....this board is about support and although my sleeve is only a little over 3 months "old," I was revised from a lap band. I've gotten so much wonderful support from the members of this forum that I feel it is important to pay it forward to newbies such as yourself. Unfortunately, every now and again, there is someone who is difficult in one way or another, so it's best to just move on and take care of the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives.

November 29 will be here before you know it.....how very exciting for you. The advice I give to anyone who asks is that you should come here often, ask as many questions as you need answered, don't worry if you think they are silly questions, as there are really not too many silly questions, only silly answers, and take everything with a grain of (figurative) salt. Always check with your medical team on anything that is medical and trust that they have your best interest at heart. The other major piece of advice I would offer is that you should share the information about getting WLS with as few people as possible. Unfortunately, you could face a great deal of negativity from people who either don't understand or don't want to understand. I told very few people and it has been much easier for me. I know people who told the "world" that they were having WLS and they are sorry because now many of the people they told are watching every morsel they consume....and they say....are you supposed to be eating that?? Many times, those who don't understand (particularly the real skinny ones) will say something like....well, if you just have a salad for lunch or cut back on your meals, you'll lose the weight...........  Apparently they don't understand that IF you could do that, you wouldn't be considering WLS.

So, come back here often ....lurk, post, ask questions, ask advice, help people who are newer than you are.....whatever it takes to get you though to November 29. It  may seem like it will be forever until that date, but it seems to suddenly be the day before surgery and you wonder where the time went. The surgery isn't terrible....it's not like spending the day at the beach, but it's not a difficult recovery for most people. Your mantra right after surgery will be walk and sip, walk and sip, walk and sip. I was feeling really good by day 3 and by day 4 I was ready to get out and do things.....I didn't - I took it slow....mostly because I'm old.....at least chronologically...my head still thinks I'm 35.

This is an exciting time and this forum is a wonderful source of information and support. Best of everything on your journey.....once you're back on real food, you'll see how amazing it can and will be! I mentioned earlier that most of my clothes are too big.....I was doing a happy dance on that and noted that at least my shoes and jewelry still fit.

Most Active