GETTING SCARED!!!!!!

simpleton13
on 9/22/16 5:23 am
VSG on 10/26/16

Thank you all!!  I'm in no way trying to be vain by wanting my hair over being healthy.  It's just hard when that's been the one thing my whole life that's made me feel confident, my hair.  I'll go bald if that's what happens, but I'm ready to make this change.  I am nervous/scared/excited and READY!!  Thank you for sharing your stories, any tips would be appreciated for afterwards.  I have researched and researched and am very educated on the before/afters.  But it's always nice to hear tips....such as one a woman highly recommends having chapstick at the hospital!! lol  done stuck it in my bag, along with gas x strips!!

Gwen M.
on 9/22/16 6:10 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I actually shaved my head to raise money for St. Baldricks 6 weeks post-op.  I figured that if I was going to lose my hair that I was going to be the one in control of it.  :)  

As for the gas-x, the gas you'll have post-op is internal, not in your GI tract.  Gas-x won't touch it.  What helps is to walk as much as possible post-op.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Anita
on 9/22/16 6:21 pm

My apologies for inadvertently hijacking your thread.......in my effort to be supportive of your feelings, it backfired and although I cannot abide fools and nasty people, I stooped to a level well beneath not only myself, but also to the intent of this forum.

I wish you the absolute best in your journey, and as I see you've obviously done lots of research on this, you'll do fine. Chap stick was one of my absolutes too......and I agree with what another post mentioned....GasX didn't help me either....walking and sipping is not only important to keep your body functions functioning, it really helps get rid of the gas. I'm sure they will give you one of those breathing apparatus things - to the best of my knowledge it's standard and they also help to get rid of the gas.

Keep us posted as to your progress before and after. How long of a pre-op diet does your doctor require? I know some people who had 2 weeks and some who had as little as a few days.....I'm not sure why the disparity. My doctor wanted 2 weeks.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Most Active