Whatcha eating today? Saturday, 11/5/2016

Gwen M.
on 11/5/16 5:10 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It's 38*F and I'm hoping that the time it takes to post this will allow the world to warm up a little.  Even a few degrees, since I'm going running this morning.  (I normally run Sunday mornings, but I have a voice master class tomorrow and I learned very quickly that I cannot run on singing days if I want to be able to sing well.)  

Art's parents are in town for the weekend.  Dinner last night with them was good, but they're in really poor health due to reasons we, here, can all understand.  Art and I visited them 3-4 years ago and they were a huge catalyst for him to start improving his own health, which I'm super grateful for, but I also wish they'd improve their health too.  They talk about wanting to... but it's challenging.  I'm sort of hoping his mom might ask me about my surgery, since she seems like she'd be a good candidate for it with her history of dieting, but I doubt that will happen.  Oh well.  

1: protein shake
2: lunch meats and cheeses
3: Going out to Jaleo - no idea what I'll get since it'll be dependent on everyone else, but it will be mainly meat.  Yum.  Here's a link to the menu in case anyone wants to play the menu game.  They're small plates so the idea is that we order four, eat those, order four more, eat those, and then order four desserts.  Or something.  That's what I've done with other dining groups in the past!  

liquid and vites: I will force myself to be on track today.  I definitely got a bit off track tomorrow due to company.  It'll be harder to be on track today due to the trip into DC, so I'll make sure to pay more attention.  

exercise: I'm getting ready to go out to run, it's my last training day before I start my half marathon plan of my own design.  I'm hoping to do 4.4 miles (2 laps) but I might stop at 2.2 depending on how I'm feeling.  Then 30 minutes of yoga post-run stretching.  

How about you?  What are you up to today?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

cappy11448
on 11/5/16 5:20 am

Good morning All,

My grandchildren are coming for the day and will sleep-over tonight - what fun!  It won't affect my eating, as I cook "kids food" for them.  I'll just have to avoid the snacks during our "movie time" tonight.

Breakfast - salmon

Lunch - chicken fried "rice" with cauliflower rice

Dinner - Mexican casserole with spaghetti squash

snack - nuts, or crack slaw

Have a fun weekend, everyone.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

AK_Gipson
on 11/5/16 5:45 am
VSG on 04/14/14

Wow that's cold! Good for you to go out running in it. I'm hiding under a blanket lol 

so today is filled with going to a birthday party, nothing but screaming 10 year olds... Apparently there will be a zip line involved. 

B - protein bar

L - chicken, salad

D - tilapia, egg roll in a bowl

S- bar, turkey jerky, protein pudding 

water - on track

vitamins - on shedule

exercise - rest day, I may try the zip line... As I'm scared of heights and will wonder if it will hold me up.. It will but I will still wonder! But I am trying to say yes to scary things outside my comfort zone.  We will see. 

HW:292 / SW:258 / CW 173.9

Donna L.
on 11/5/16 5:56 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Called in to work at 7a, so doing my best.  Hopefully minimal emergencies today.

Meal #1: protein thingy shake.

Meal #2: 1/2 turkey sandwich

Meal #3: 1/2 turkey sandwich

Meal #4: LAst meal of the chili that never ends.

Perhaps another protein shake after I calculate my totals later.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

yvonnef1964
on 11/5/16 7:00 am
VSG on 08/11/14

B 2 large coffee with sf pumpkin spice creamer,  egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese 

L tuna salad,  orange pepper and apple 

D chicken sausage and some kind of vegetable 

S Greek yogurt,  turkey sausage snack sticks and apple 

W ahead of schedule

V on track

E probably not

Have a good day 

Arjeffries
on 11/5/16 7:07 am
VSG on 01/27/16

Finally have turned a corner and I feel better. I have to get my house in order since Ive worked the last 4 weekends and been sick the last week. I probably should call a hazmat team for this mess. Going to store and prepping food for next week.

B 3 turkey sausage links, egg

L turkey lunch meat

D dominoes thin crust cheese pizza 1 slice

S 1 ounce almonds

W 80 ounces

V taken

E cleaning and cooking

Total calories around 1000( I haven't inputted it yet to check)

Donna L.
on 11/5/16 9:54 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

If I work any more this week on top of this cold, a hazmat team for my apartment just might be the best idea, heh.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Joshua H.
on 11/5/16 8:51 am
VSG on 10/26/16

Day 10 Post-Op

30oz clear liquids + 1.5 Premier Protein Shakes

V: Done

E: Some Walking

Doctor has cleared me for soft foods, but I am going to keep on the liquids only for a bit more.

Jevelynne
on 11/5/16 11:38 am
VSG on 10/26/15

Same issues with my Father as well.. He is really big and with a bunch of medical issues and diabetes, but he has no interest, just gives himself a shot after eating the cake or pie, or other stuff!  :(  He even wouldn't give me his approval for me to do the surgery before hand, but is very proud of me now..

B: protein bar (need to get up earlier)

L: egg with ham and veg scramble

D: planning on pork loin on grill with quinoa and spinach

S: Planning on protein granola or protein snack mix

W: on track with also some green tea today

V: on track am's in, other tonight!

E: Really need to do my bike tonight but will see how I feel... Depends on if I get emotional with it being mom & grandma's passing date.  Going to try and not let that get in my way!

Also need to burn two photo session discs tonight and have had 4 people in the last day trying to book last minute fall sessions.... Hope the leaves stick around a bit longer!  LOL

HW: 299   SW: 277.2   VSG: 10-26-2015  Dr. Brian Gluck
Dr Goal Weight : 182.5 Hit Dr Goal 7-23-16
New Goal Weight: 170

fiercebynature
on 11/5/16 7:53 pm

B: 4 oz premier shake

S : 2 oz yogurt,1 oz grapes

L 3 slices turkey,2 oz cottage cheese

S: 4 oz premier shake

D: Egg salad on cucumber, 2 oz yogurt

S  premier shake

Calories 590   Protein 81            fluids   52 oz plus