Home now

takingarisk3825
on 11/11/16 5:41 am

Well I'm home now.  Was sleeved on the 9th. I feel weak ,is this normal? phase 1 is still clear liquids am so ready for something other than clear liquids.  keep me in ur prayers for a speedy recovery .  oh I could use ideas on stuff to drink on this phase.

Anita
on 11/11/16 7:24 am

Welcome home and welcome to the Loser's Bench. Feeling weak is definitely normal....some people don't, but I think most people do to some degree.....naturally, there are those people who tend to deny any human weaknesses....I'm not sure why...LOL. Anyway, keep in mind that you've had general anesthesia, you've had a pretty significant surgery and you've also been subsisting on a very limited diet.

I promise....it will get better.......give yourself a break and just go with it. Be sure to walk around as much as you are able and be conscientious about getting your fluids in. I lived on chicken broth and jello for the first 5 days. You'll see, in another day or so you'll start to see improvement and in a week, this will all be behind you. Nap when you need to rest and just keep in mind that you're on a wonderful journey to better health and a whole new and positive outlook on just about everything.

We're here for you!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

White Dove
on 11/11/16 8:59 am - Warren, OH

Read the Eggface Liquid Diet for all the information you will need on clear or full liquids.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/16 10:04 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Welcome Home!!!  I am 11 days post op and yes, I felt tired and weak, you are not alone.  I was super nauseated and the one drink on my full liquid list that I could handle was Light Lemonade, Minute maid 15.  This was approved for me, not sure if it is on your list.  I take prescribed Prilosec for 90 days so that protects my stomach.  Hang in there.  You will continue to feel better and better.  For me, this is the most hopeful I have felt in a long, long, time.  Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.