day 1 pre op diet help

LisaV_SG
on 11/24/16 5:42 pm
VSG on 12/01/16

So today I started my day 1 of pre op diet... of course it has to land on Thanksgiving! I've been so hungry all day and had a meltdown earlier :( this is going to be a long week! I know I'm gonna have restrictions the rest of my life, but not with this size stomach (lol) hence the point of the surgery. The protein shakes I'm using are ISO 100 because I'm lactose intolerant. Also.. I'm already getting major headaches. I was told Tylenol is ok to take, but Is Tylenol PM ok? ANY advice and tips for this tough week I'm about to endure would be wonderful! Thank you!

JustElena
on 11/24/16 10:46 pm
VSG on 10/18/16

I had debilitating headaches on the preop liquid diet. so I'm sorry, I totally feel for u. if possible staying busy and just carrying ur drinks and water with u is the best way to get thru. 

Personally I didn't stop feeling hungry till after I started soft foods 5 weeks after surgery, but that's just me.

Good luck to u! Ur at the hardest stage by far. but it's worth it to feel better, get off meds, and watch the scale drop, for the first  time....ever.

LisaV_SG
on 11/25/16 1:37 pm
VSG on 12/01/16

Thank you! Yes omg the headaches are HORRIBLE and I miss food so much! Can't wait till I can eat again!

TennesseeGirl81
on 11/24/16 11:49 pm
VSG on 11/16/16

What type of pre op diet is it? All liquids? I was on 800 calories for 2.5 weeks then went to fluids for 2 days before my surgery. I am unsure about tylenol pm :(

HW: 287 SW: 260 DOS: 244 CW: 197.0 GW: 150-ish?

LisaV_SG
on 11/25/16 1:41 pm
VSG on 12/01/16

Basically all liquids (plus sugar free jello sugar free pudding and raw or steamed veggies which I really hate veggies though lol) for a week before my surgery. It's horrible! The headaches suck and I miss food!

psychoticparrot
on 11/25/16 5:45 am

You started your pre-op diet on THANKSGIVING?? You deserve extra kudos for that. 

I suspect that Tylenol PM is okay; however, check with your surgeon (here's hoping the office is even open today).

The first two or three days will be rough; there's no getting around that, but by day 3 or 4 you will probably find that your body has adjusted to the new diet, and both headaches and hunger will diminish. Not that the rest of the week will be delightful, but it'll be more bearable.

What got me through the pre-op week was that I knew the purpose of the diet was to shrink my fatty liver. A smaller liver makes the surgery easier and faster for your surgeon, both very good things for you, and will make your post-op recovery easier.

In the meantime, stick to your diet on this black, black Friday. 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

LisaV_SG
on 11/25/16 1:46 pm
VSG on 12/01/16

Thank you so much! It's been HORRIBLE, I'm starving! Trying my best to get through this but apparently my protein shakes aren't very filling. I'm lactose intolerant so I think that has something to do with them not being very filling. Trying my best to stay positive! Thanks so much for the advice!!

Most Active