getting in 4 oz no problem

LisaV_SG
on 12/22/16 6:47 am
VSG on 12/01/16

I hear a lot about people (newbies) not being able to "get things down" or having it come back up, etc. I've never had that problem. (VSG 12/1) so I'm on puréed and I'm not having any issues fitting in 4 oz at a time and everything usually goes down smoothly. Sometimes I feel things "get stuck" in my chest and that means I think that means I'm done. Do you think it's ok that I'm actually fitting 4 oz at a time no problem? I'm already getting like 600-700 calories a day. What do you think? Also I only lost two pounds this week :( I started purées last week.. maybe it has something to do with that? Cause I'm on real food now? I appreciate your thoughts or advice! Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/16 7:10 am, edited 12/22/16 6:00 am
VSG on 10/31/16

I am abt. 2 months out and when I was on pureed and switched to solids I remember not having a big weight loss either.  When I was at your stage I was getting between 500 to 700 calories.  Yes, the minute my chest feels full I stop eating.  That still happens now.  When food gets stuck I get pain between my shoulder blades.  Keep up the great work.

Donna L.
on 12/22/16 7:13 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

First off, two pounds a week is actually a lot of weight loss :)  This is a journey that will take many months, perhaps years, to fix.  Every bit of weight loss matters.  We also gain lean muscle mass which is a minus on the scale but a plus in body composition.  Two pounds is great though.  16 months out and I'd kill for that, heh.

That is a good question for the surgeon.  If you experience stuckness, always ask their office to double check.  They are more familiar with the details of your procedure than we are.  Real food absolutely feels differently than liquids for a long time.  It's a good general rule of thumb to take a break when you feel anything weird if it makes you uncomfortable.  You can always just fini**** later.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

rachelp
on 12/22/16 7:23 am
VSG on 08/01/16

You are doing just fine. When you start eating solids you won't be able to eat 4 oz. Just remember, we will lose weight like every other time we've dieted, but this time we have the surgery to help us keep it off. 

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

happyteacher
on 12/22/16 8:22 pm

You can't go by how you feel right now. Your vagus nerve is cut and not working, so you won't feel the "full" that you are used to. Go strictly by how much you measure out, and 4 ounces is too much for one sitting IMHO. Not calorically speaking, but capacity speaking. Rest that tummy right now and let it heal. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active