Whatcha Eatin' Today? Tuesday, 3JAN17

Rachel B.
on 1/3/17 5:47 am, edited 1/3/17 4:35 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Good Morning, ALL!!!!  Another beautiful day in the New Year!!

AM: Luscious Coffee + ON white chocolate protein

B: red grapefruit & apple

L: meatloaf & quinoa

Water & Vites

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

rissa1224
on 1/3/17 6:10 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Happy New year!! I was MIA because I got sick last week. Everyone around me was sick, so it was going to happen. I gained over the holidays but, not too much. Back on track and more motivated than ever. Only an 11 hour work day today.

B shake

L home made turkey chili

D home made turkey chili

S if needed I split a greek yogurt in half and added 4 berries. If needed ill eat one or  both. Or replace them with a shake later tonight after I get home from job2

sgg1002
on 1/3/17 7:05 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Happy New Year, everyone!  I hope you all had great holidays!  It's the first one in YEARS that I haven't gained about 5 to 10 lbs and feels wonderful!

B: 2 scrambled med eggs, 2 T. cheddar cheese

S:   cup of SF/Decaf Suisse Mocha Cafe

L: 3 oz. low carb Key West crab cakes/slice of Kraft thin slice sharp

D: 2 oz. crumbled hamburger, slice cheddar cheese

1/4 c. low fat lite ricotta, 1 pkt stevia, 1/4. sliced strawberries

yvonnef1964
on 1/3/17 7:16 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi menu gang,

Im currently drinking coffee with fairlife milk and truvia and loads of water 

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese 

L cottage cheese,  baby carrots and yellow pepper 

D steak and some kind of vegetable 

S Greek yogurt,  turkey sausage snack sticks and apple 

Have a good day 

Stacy_WLS
on 1/3/17 7:26 am

Well its back to work for me.  I didn't take any time off during the holidays but the week between xmas and new years was slow and so 3 holidays were nice :)  I've been on track so no big change just back to the weekly routine and 8 hours a day in the office.  My husband is progressing through his post op diet so he is slowly starting to eat more variety.  I gotta say our budget is totally winning with this -- we aren't eating out much at all.  

I did have any interesting therapy session yesterday.  I have struggled with eating disorder issues and my therapist is a bit worried I might be leaning towards restricting too much.  It is a hard line.  I've lost just over 10 lbs in the last few weeks and that is a lot at this point for me.  I've also been getting dizzy at the gym.  So I'm trying to add in a bit more focused food throughout my day.  First goal is an extra yogurt in the morning and a serving of cereal on my way home before I go to the gym.  I'm going to keep an eye on this, but I really want to be careful to develop more disfunctional behavoirs around food.  

B - chike 7 coffee

S - yogurt

L - chicken, broccoli & pot stickers (left overs)

S - cereal, protein shake (pre & post workout)

D - chicken w/ mushrooms

S - cottage cheese & blueberries

E - crossfit -- rowing, push ups & dips

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Gwen M.
on 1/3/17 7:38 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Your therapy session sounds really great and I can definitely see how losing 10 pounds in a few weeks would be concerning right now!  It definitely seems like adding something in and paying attention to YOU would be wise.  (And in case it's not 100% clear, this is meant as a "you rock for staying aware of this and working to stay healthy and I'm impressed because that's awesome.")  

I'm also a bit envious that your partner is on the same way of eating as you are.  I'd LOVE to have a homogenous household.  (Although I think you have children in your life, iirc?  So your household probably isn't as homogenous with eating as I'm envisioning!)  We don't eat out very often anymore and, when we do, it sort of sucks because I'll have leftovers for DAYS since portions are so huge.  But then the guys won't, so I'll still have to cook for them and bah.  

I love eating out with my mom, though, because she and I have really similar tastes and, as a 73-year old fit/slim woman, she eats portions that aren't that much different from mine.  So we tend to just order food and share it with like a 40/60 split.  (Since she does eat a little more than I do!)  It's a) super fun and b) better for the ridiculous leftovers issue.  

Ramble ramble ramble.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Stacy_WLS
on 1/3/17 8:44 am

Thanks :) It's really hard sometimes to be aware / stay aware.  I often don't want to go to therapy but I know how good it is for me.   

I do have a son so yeah things aren't super completely VSG in our house but it is so way easier with my hubby eating this way.  My son actually likes it more because he prefers simple food and eating at home to going out.  3 times this weekend he asked for fish, veggeis, and a roll for a snack / meal.  I'm not sure where he got those preferences, but I'm going to support them all the way!  

It's funny what you say about leftovers.  I take my son out about once a week for a mother / son date.  All weekend I had leftovers to kill and was cooking for him (several fish and veggies) and for my husband (refried beans / hot sauce / cheese -- first semblance of a meal).  

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Gwen M.
on 1/3/17 9:18 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Lance also prefers eating "my way" although he would also be happy to live on rice ;)  I tend to make fun proteins and then basic carbs for the guys to eat with the main dish which is VSG friendly.  So I really can't complain about differing ways of eating in the household, since we've been making it work for the last 3 years :D  But, still... it would be sort of nice to never need to cook food/have food in the house that I don't want to eat.  

I'm glad your husband's recovery is going well and I hope he knows how lucky he is to have a partner who has Been There and Done That!

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Gwen M.
on 1/3/17 7:40 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I got myself distracted.  I had wanted to say - I contacted my therapist on the 1st to try to schedule with her in the next few weeks.  I was talking with Art about how I want to go to the Women's March on Washington but I've gotten really panicky being in crowds because of anxiety/fear but I want to be someone who isn't afraid and it sucks so I've been trying not to think about the March so that I won't get worried about it and can just decide to go the night before or something.  

And he said, "You know, if someone else was telling you this you'd probably gently suggest that they talk with their therapist." And I was like, "OMG, you're right."  

Fingers crossed that she'll be able to get me in before the March!  :D

Stacy_WLS
on 1/3/17 8:45 am

I hope she can -- that would be an amazing thing to go to.  Two of my three freshman roomates are going to that.  It should be an experience!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 259 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views