soontobe_blondegoddess’s Posts

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 8/25/13 10:21 am
Topic: RE: Did anyone's marriage change after getting close to goal weight?

Thanks, I will!! He is my biggest support, but maybe we have other issues.... Would love to hear others and how to work through this.

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 8/25/13 10:18 am

there might be a tiny bit of jealousy, but I don't think that is it.  He was my biggest cheerleader and support and I do love him, but I am getting seriously bored! I am not sure if it is because I changed or he changed.  I feel like I always want to go out and do stuff...not talking about spending much money, just go out and do stuff.  Whether it is a hike, walk, whatever....he is always coming up with an excuse not to do something that requires "exercise" in a fun way. I really don't consider it exercise, I feel like I am my old self again. I used to do all this stuff way before him.  I got fat and just couldn't do it much.  But I am me again. I really hope we figure this out. I have tried to talk with him, but doesn't go well at times.

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 8/25/13 10:10 am

I do plan stuff, it feels like I am pulling teeth to get him outside and do something active. I used to be chill because I couldn't shop for clothes, or fit on rides, huff and puff on hikes... But I can do all of that now and want to! Maybe he got used to me being that chill person but now I guess I have changed. I love him, but want to go out and do things more.  Guess I will just plan more events and tell him to get in the car. I feel like he got lazier and I got more energetic. Just wondered if anyone else felt the same way or had a similar situation.

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 8/25/13 7:55 am, edited 8/25/13 8:05 am

I know I have changed!! More active...etc. But I feel like my husband and I are now drifting apart and I am miserable in my marriage! He wants to sit around all the time and watch sports, tv ... Never wants to do anything! Does nothing to spark the romance anymore! I hope u all don't think I am being a bit@h , just curious to see if others have experienced what I am going through? I feel totally different and want to live life, he wants to sit around all the time. Super frustrated now!!

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 8/16/13 11:53 am
Topic: RE: 1 year today!!!!

Thank you! You will be there shortly too :)

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 8/16/13 11:52 am

so very true.  I can even dress younger.  I can't believe how carrying that extra weight hindered me for so many years.

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 8/16/13 11:51 am

Thank you all for your support!  This year has been amazing!  I wish you all success on your journey.

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 8/16/13 8:52 am

There is a light at the end of the tunnel :)  You are already on that path.... look how successful you are!

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 8/16/13 8:51 am

You will do great!  Stay with the plan and drink a lot of water.  Many people have helped me out with my struggles, and we are all here for you too!  I have asked many questions during a few rough patches... stay strong and congratulations on your new life.

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 8/16/13 8:22 am

You too!!!!  3 lbs away! AWESOME!!

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 8/16/13 8:22 am

Thank you so much!  Keep up your success too!!

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 8/16/13 8:21 am

Thank you so much!!!  What a crazy and fast year!

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 8/16/13 8:09 am

I am sure you will!  You will have so much energy.  The coolest thing is that I no longer have to take the "walk of shame" and get kicked off rides.  I was on a plane a few weekends ago and actually pulled the seat belt tighter, not pulling it out for more room!!!  Such a head trip.

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 8/16/13 8:07 am

I never in a million years thought I was going to be the size I am now!  Such a mind trip!  You are doing fabulous too!!!!  You will get to goal soon!  The goal number is just a number, I still want to build muscle and I know that weighs more than fat, so I still have a bunch of work to do :)

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 8/16/13 8:05 am, edited 8/16/13 8:10 am

Thank you, and you too!!! You have come a long way too :)

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 8/16/13 8:04 am

You will do great!!  Just stick with the plan.  If I "slip" up, I will pay for my sins and hike, walk or swim it off.  Stay strong!

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 8/16/13 6:51 am, edited 8/16/13 6:52 am

I can't believe that a year ago I was crying as I was entering the hospital doors, completely afraid of having my sleeve.  

Today, I am one year out!! I am down 112.5 pounds, weigh 139 and feel like I am freaking 20 again!!!  I am turning 40 this year and I feel like I have been given 20 years back of my life!  I am able to fit on rides, not huff and puff up stairs, hike without being the last person on the trail!  I never thought in a million years that I would be calling the jeans I am sitting in right now my "fat girl jeans" - they are a size 8 and loose.  I was not even a size 8 in high school!  

Even crazier, I seriously have less laundry and can fit so much more in a suitcase.  I am able to walk into a Marshalls and try stuff on :)  I love my new life.

Nothing is perfect, I still have the urge to shove food in my mouth, and still upset that I can not try a bunch of stuff because I fill up too fast.  But that is the whole point why I had this surgery; so I don't over eat and eat properly.  No, I do not have a flat stomach and have the bat wings and inner thigh stuff going on. Still working on it, but... better than the alternative.  I hope this shines some light on people who are considering this surgery!  It was the best and scariest decision I have made.

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 6/14/13 10:25 am
Topic: RE: Hair loss
Suggestions...none... But I am 9 months out and it is growing back. Usually happens 3-6 months. You will not go bald. I did not have any clumps. It was lots and lots of strands every day so I cut my hair short and went for a bob. Hair was thin to begin with. I now have whispys but it is growing. Hang in there, I know how u feel.

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 6/4/13 9:26 am
Topic: RE: Plastic Surgeons in Bay Area - please share your experiences

Thank you for this info! And the bikini photos of everyone are making me want to have this done sooner! Especially with summer here! I have a lot of research to do and you look amazing!

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 6/4/13 8:16 am
Topic: RE: Plastic Surgeons in Bay Area - please share your experiences

Hi,

I am considering Plastic Surgery and was wondering if anyone has any experiences that they can share as far as Surgeons in the Bay Area. I am in the Peninsula area... I am looking for real answers, good and bad and if you are happy with the end results and if it was super painful.  I have absolutely no idea the cost, and am considering the usual, bat wings, inner thighs and tummy rolls.  Would I be right to guess about $25,000 for something like this?  How long are we in the hospital?  Will insurance pick up the hospital part?

Thanks for sharing your experiences

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 6/2/13 7:23 am
Topic: RE: Tummy rolls

I am 39 and 9 months out, I am really not sure if anything will snap back, but I really hope so! U gave me a bit of light.

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 6/2/13 7:22 am

Lol! Totally understand!!

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 6/1/13 9:14 am
Lol! I sooo feel the same! If I can just roll up the fat to the chest lost a ton there too. I am much happier, but would love to wear a bikini in public. I know it will never be a string bikini but just something that won't make people run from the area saying their eyes hurt! I will keep fighting until I give up. I heard plastics are super expensive! Plus scary. I never thought of my body as I was fatter nor worried about the skin.. But now... Seriously concerned,

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views