What's on the menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 7/17/14 2:22 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I stayed away from caffeine at first and I'm still limiting myself to one caffeinated beverage a day since it's dehydrating, but I don't think there's any reason to stay totally away - unless it's a slippery slope for you. Make sure to drink a little extra water though since it is dehydrating!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Finding_Feather
on 7/17/14 1:07 am

Hey everyone, I'm so exhausted, but it's a great thing! Means I'm burning calories! Did Bodypump last night plus walk/jogged 1 mile, got up at 4:45am this morning for a 30 lap swim. Not if I can just stay awake during work! I have so much energy lately, I'm so happy!

Pre-swim: 7oz milk

B: 2oz turkey, 1oz muenster

L: 3 chicken meatballs, 1/4 cup mixed veggies

D: ?

W: on track

V: got em

E: 30 lap swim this morning

AnnyBananny
on 7/17/14 2:23 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Work it, FF! I just realized my gym offers Body Pump and there's been so much talk of it on this forum that I think I might need to try it out! There are a million different times it's offered, so that's going to be one of my fitness goals next week. I haven't tried any of the classes other than various water aerobics, so it will be my debut land class LOL.

Finding_Feather
on 7/17/14 2:42 am

It's a great class Anny! I feel so strong, sore, and sexy afterward. Be prepared to be sore the next day, but it gets better. Just start with an easy weight.

AnnyBananny
on 7/17/14 3:50 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Eeek! But I definitely like the strong and sexy part! 

I've been noticing a LOT of arm jiggle lately, so starting to get some strength exercise in is a must - just have to work up the nerve....it looks like Monday at 5:45 will be my best bet....I'm putting it on my calendar right now...

Finding_Feather
on 7/17/14 9:36 am

awesome!!

mobailey68
on 7/17/14 2:10 am
RNY on 02/24/14

Morning! I haven't posted in a couple of days, my life just got away with me. I did stay on plan. I'm excited for the day as it is only going to be 75 degrees. 90+ is just too hot for me. At least I can manage it is when it is that hot now. Last summer I would have been dripping in sweat without any physical exertion.

I'm heading for Newport Oregon on Monday. Can't wait to be at the ocean. I love the sound of the surf and the smell of the ocean. I have been trying to plan my meals for my trip. I have become a bit of a control freak with my food. I like to know my portions and how it is prepared to I tend to avoid going out too much. I know it will happen but I'm going to try to avoid it as much as possible.

Here is my plan for the day...

B: 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup raspberries and Splenda, 1/2 scoop of Isopure mixed with Crystal Light

S: 1 oz steak strips jerky, 1/2 scoop Isopure mixed with Crystal Light, 6 almonds

L: 2 oz Roasted chicken thigh, 2 oz roasted peppers

S: Cheese stick, 1 oz steak strips jerky

D: 2 oz Roasted chicken thigh, 2 oz roasted peppers, I will also have 2 sugar-free Popsicles 1 hour after dinner

TOTALS: Calories 686, Protein 85, Carbs 40, Fat 23

Water: 48 down so far, will have minimum of 96

Vitamins: on track

Exercise: 90 minutes of walking: 4 1/2 miles, 60 minutes of gentle yoga

Have a great day,

Mo

HW:332 (12/17/13) SW:282 (2/24/14) GW:132 CW:164 (12/19/14) TWL:168

AnnyBananny
on 7/17/14 2:25 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Mo, I definitely think most of us become control freaks post-op, especially more towards the beginning (I can't remember how far out you are?). Will you be in a hotel and have to have most meals out or a house where you can cook?

mobailey68
on 7/17/14 3:10 am
RNY on 02/24/14

AnnyBananny,

I hope your day at work is going well. It's tough to work when there is unneeded stress.

We are actually staying in a cabin. Thank goodness it has a bathroom and not an outhouse. I am 4 months and 3 weeks out. We are taking a camp stove. I am thinking about bringing some teriyaki chicken without sauce all measured out. I don't really mind if I eat that cold along with some lightly sautéed cabbage. I am also going to bring my Greek yogurt and berries along with premeasured snacks. I still drink my protein drinks and they are easy to mix up, just some water, crystal light, and some unflavored Isopure. I would like to get away from drinking them but eating enough dense protein is still a challenge while keeping up my protein levels.

I am really lucky that I am going with some girlfriends that are very supportive of me getting and staying healthy.

Mo

HW:332 (12/17/13) SW:282 (2/24/14) GW:132 CW:164 (12/19/14) TWL:168

AnnyBananny
on 7/17/14 3:46 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

It sounds like you have a solid plan of action - that's awesome. And your'e right, having the supportive friends with you will make all the difference - we'll look forward to hearing about your vacation when you're back!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 380 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 500 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 570 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 292 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?