What's on the menu today, RNYers?

Louise1974
on 7/16/14 10:02 pm

Good morning!

Today my goal is to remember that I am not hiking for ten hours and need to eat accordingly :)

B:  shake

S:  yogurt with blueberries

L:  turkey sandwich with veggies

S:  carrots and hummus

D:  black beans with cheese, sauteed peppers and onions, swiss chard

S:  hot cocoa

Exercise:  I am with the kids today so I will do my standard "with the kids workout", walk with stroller, hula hoop, yoga

Water:  I really need to re-hydrate after yesterday so I am going to focus on the water!

Have a great day everybody!!

AnnyBananny
on 7/16/14 10:29 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hey Louise, thanks for getting the post started. I'm engaged in some passive-aggressive, probably won't even be noticed, but I'm doing it anyway, not-going-into-work-early (now there's a concept! Arrive at work the time you're supposed to not 30-60 minutes early). But after the day I had yesterday, I need a little passive-aggressive FU, LOL.

My goal today is to not let myself get caught up in the stress of work and to attempt to not feel so personally hurt by the choices my director is making - it's work, they pay me to be there, must keep reminding myself, must keep reminding myself.

OH! And the steak and peppers and onions crockpot recipe was really good. There was a lot of liquid, which I'm thinking you would drain off if you were serving it right away, but since I was freezing most of mine in individual servings the liquid really helped! It was really tasty for dinner, I ate mine without the cheese they recommend and was very happy. This is only the second time I've tried beef post-op so I wasn't sure how it would sit, but it was fine!

Time since surgery: 17 weeks

B: Loaded Greek Yogurt

S: Chike high protein iced coffee (my saving grace lately)

L: Flatout Pizza with turkey pepperoni

S before Workout: 10 almonds and a cheese stick

D: Sloppy Joe (that I made in the crockpot last night), green greens with parmesan cheese on top

S: strawberry "ice cream" and maybe a SF popsicle and maybe another coffee with creamer thrown in somewhere during the day

TOTALS: Calories 823, Protein 83, Carbs 50, Fat 34

V: started

W: waiting 45 minutes

E: Headed to the Y after work, hopefully to water aerobics

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Finding_Feather
on 7/17/14 1:04 am

Work is work, don't let idiots get to you. hope you have a better day :)

AnnyBananny
on 7/17/14 2:20 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Thanks, FF. My problem is that I feel really passionately about my work on a personal level and it's easy for me to let it become my life - so I get caught up easily. Trying to take a step back today!

Dodgergirl27
on 7/17/14 4:05 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Hey Anny, sorry you had a tough day yesterday.  I think the occasional passive aggressive FU is ok.  I had a couple of really stressful weeks at work the last few weeks, and I'm convinced it some of the reason for my stall.  My advice on the back end of it, and what I'll be doing in the future is to really focus on all the good things that are in my life right now (like losing 100+ lbs and feeling better than I have in 6 years) and just let work become secondary for the moment.  Sometimes that's hard for me, b/c I get pretty into my work, but I think surgery is teaching me all of the ways I need to take better care of myself, not just with better food choices.  I'm sending you good karma and I hope you have a better day today!

AnnyBananny
on 7/17/14 4:44 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Thanks DG! Your advice is totally sage and I so agree about how surgery is definitely teaching me all about taking better care of myself. As a single person, I basically could always put myself first, but it didn't mean I was making good choices - now I am more and more.

Thanks for the positive thoughts coming my way!

karenp8
on 7/16/14 10:37 pm - Brighton, IL

It's a beautiful morning here in Illinois. Lily and I have our 3.47 miles in already and when I finish my coffee I will ride the stationary bike for 20 minutes. Sometime before bed this evening I will also fit in 200 crunches. I am on track with vitamins and already have 20 oz of fluid in. My goal for today is 100 ounces. Here's the food: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz rotisserie chicken and 1/2 c mixed veggies S Greek yogurt D 31/2 oz rib eye and 1/2 c sweet potatoes S Greek yogurt with nuts. I have a busy day planned with work at the food pantry this morning and a visit to a shut in church member this afternoon along with all the usual housework. Hope everyone has a great day!

karenp8
on 7/16/14 10:40 pm - Brighton, IL

Glad to hear the recipe was good Anny. I might have to try it too! I usually do fine with beef in a crock pot or steaks as long as they are not overcooked. As long as they are not too dry I do fine!

AnnyBananny
on 7/16/14 11:55 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I definitely would recommend it Karen. It's totally funny friendly too. It's supposed to be a take on the Philly Cheese Steak, so I think you could put it on rolls for those who want it and it would be good.

gtrdyfor50
on 7/16/14 10:46 pm
RNY on 10/08/13
Good Morning everyone!

b - Premier Protein shake
s - loaded greek yogurt
l - leftover greek chicken wrap from yesterday's lunch, minus the wrap
s - loaded greek yogurt
d - ?
s - popcorn

w - on track
v - 1st ones in, but need to do better for the rest of the day, really need to work on that.

Most Active
Recent Topics