I GUESS SOME VETS are PERFECT?! HELP DON'T HURT!

Chilipepper
on 12/16/14 6:28 am

Good!  You get one shot at this.  Don't mess it up!  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

C_Turner221
on 12/17/14 2:23 am
RNY on 12/22/14

I PROMISE I won't ! Thanks! Have a Great Holiday!

Smile Life Looks Good on YOU!   Crystal    

oneuppr1
on 12/16/14 8:26 am
On December 16, 2014 at 2:07 PM Pacific Time, Chilipepper wrote:

I don't give hand pats,  I give head slaps.   

I can not believe the level of pure ignorance from new members around here. In one week I have read posts about Cream of Wheat, Farina, Oatmeal, mashed potatoes and gravy, Cinnabon, Chipolte, Tacos at the mall, smoking and drinking.  All we hear all day is how you can't drink your shakes, and how they couldn't find a vein because of servere dehydration.  The other day we got a post asking for our opinions on a home IV to get your fluids in. 

Are they giving preop screenings anymore?  Years ago when we vets had our surgeries we had to jump through hoops to get these life saving surgeries.  Now it seems they are doing them drive by style.  That's how it's seems, according to how people post, I tend to believe you are receiving the required information and are choosing to ignore it.   

Be preforwarned that it isn't uncommon for a surgeon to cut you open and close you right back up.  They can tell if you followed the preop diet or not. If your liver is too fatty and has not shrunk, they won't run the risk of unnecessary complications. 

You can call me a board meany or a ***** I could care less.  You come here and ask our opinions. We are always willing to help, but if you come here expecting an "atta boy" or a back rub for doing something so blatently stupid that you felt the need to post it here, ie... I ate a taco one week out, or I ate Chipolte one week prior to surgery ignoring doctors orders, you are going to get blasted.  Sorry, deal with it. Do the right thing.  

Grow up and follow the programs or don't lay on the table.  You will become just another statistical failure and in a few years we will find you lurking around the revision boards because you were not compliant fom day 1.  

im with this guy, im new, only 1.5 months out of surgery. yes i have made my mistakes, but i would never come here and post about it. if you do that your not looking for anything but to be told you f###ed up.  coming here looking for support before you mess up is one thing, but if your looking for someone someone to pat you on the back and tell you its gona be ok, i dont think the vets that suffered and fought thru our addictions for years are gona feel bad for you, or anyone. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/16/14 6:05 pm

. Thank you thank you.... This is what most of us vets have using with. Glad you got it. 

Over the years we see patterns. Messing up - most of us did it. I have my share. And I live through it to warn others.  But going any where and asking "please tell me I will be OK" ... 

We also read about some that needed emergency surgery.. And some that died. 

Less  look less insurance companies cover WLS because they realized that a lot of people after that get more issues and additional procedures and tests are needed. 

What some of us post ops do today, may and will affect any future people and even us long term.  I worry that one day insurance companies would refuse to cover complications and side effects related to "elective surgeries," (like self paid WLS, plastics) . 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Blueiiis
on 12/16/14 9:18 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Uh, we can't eat oatmeal or cream of wheat? That was one of the first foods allowed by my centre as long as they were made runny. And I enjoy oatmeal once in a while...

Chilipepper
on 12/16/14 10:01 am

Oatmeal and cream of wheat are pure carbs.  Always protien first.  You would be better eating soft scrambled eggs or broth. The idea is to get into Ketosis, that is when your body is burning fat at its highest level.

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

C_Turner221
on 12/17/14 2:25 am
RNY on 12/22/14

Awesome insight Chili! Doc and I talked about Ketosis today! LOL! Cool!

Smile Life Looks Good on YOU!   Crystal    

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 12/16/14 10:27 am
VSG on 01/11/16

I'd be worried the grit would get caught in the healing staple line.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 12/16/14 4:15 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Oh dear.  Off the deep end so soon?

Advice on this forum comes in many forms.  If you enjoy the "there, there, it's gonna be okay" kumbaya support when you eat a pizza or taco one week out of surgery, you will be sadly disappointed here.  I prefer brutal honesty from those who had walked this journey before me.  

Your interpretation of what we are here for is solely YOUR opinion.  Others may share it, but it doesn't make it universally accepted.  The best advice I can give you since you're still a pre op is try not to wear the forum nanny tiara as it has a tendency to make you look a little foolish.  

Of course everyone here wants you (and everyone else) to succeed, but you can't dictate what people say when they see someone doing something self-destructive.  It's an open forum and as long as you're not being personally attacked, all comments are permissible under TOS.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Grim_Traveller
on 12/16/14 4:34 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I have to return my tiara?

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 268 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 280 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views