What's on your menu this Tuesday, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 1/26/15 10:39 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Iced coffee?! Where do you live?

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

NDHM
on 1/27/15 3:16 am

I'm in KY, & it's COLD. But, I    iced coffee!!

karenp8
on 1/26/15 10:06 pm - Brighton, IL

We got a tiny bit of snow here in Illinois but most melted already. Temp is supposed to be about 40 today too so not too bad at all. Exercise will be a walk to the park with Lily about 10 o'clock. I'll do level 3 of 30 day shred DVD here in a minute and another 30 minutes on the treadmill as well at some point. Post op almost 29 months and weight at 121 today. On track with vitamins and fluids so far. Busy day today doing shopping and getting ready for surgery Friday. I HATE the idea of having to hop around on one foot for two weeks but it has to be done. Here's the food for today: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana and peanut butter L 31/2 oz ground beef and cheese and 1/2 c Greek yogurt D 31/2 oz salmon roll up and 1/2 c green beans S Greek yogurt with granola. Have a good day everyone!

AngryViking
on 1/26/15 10:37 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Will you be on crutches?  That can be a nice workout for your arms and core.  LOL  My husband was on crutches for a few weeks several years ago due to ankle surgery and he definitely had some muscle definition by the time he was off of them. 

karenp8
on 1/26/15 10:55 pm - Brighton, IL

I may be fit but I am clumsy so no crutches for me! I use a walker instead. I have an old person basket for the front so I can carry my drink bottle etc with me. Hopefully it will only be two weeks this time not six like last time.

AnnyBananny
on 1/27/15 12:16 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ahahaha! An old person basket - I love it!

AnnyBananny
on 1/26/15 10:40 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Karen, I'm so sorry - I've obviously missed something - what surgery are you having?

karenp8
on 1/26/15 10:59 pm - Brighton, IL

The tendons to two of my toes in my left foot have scarred since the surgery a year ago and the two toes next to the big toe are pulling way to the side. My toes and now painful and stacked in top of each other which makes shoes of any kind hurt. He will be cutting the tendonas and reattaching them in a different spot so they align right. Hopefully this is it for surgery!

AnnyBananny
on 1/27/15 12:16 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Eeeek! We'll be thinking of you! 

Dcgirl
on 1/26/15 10:42 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi all,

Yep, I have succumbed to eating terrible food recently, and the scale sure showed it today (granted I changed the scale batteries and my monthly friend is delayed so who even knows my "true" weight).  Suffice it to say, it's UP and that is NOT the direction I want to be going.  So I feel good about five days under 50 g of carbs.  I meticulously planned today's menu and I eke in at 48 grams :)

Time Since Surgery: 13 months

B, L and D: Just over 3 oz of Costco rotisserie chicken salad (I can eat this three times a day - I love love love it)

S: fat and sugar free chocolate almond biscotti creamer in coffee, a Pure Protein bar, a Light and Fit greek yogurt, sweet peppers with goat choose, and if needed, 2.5 boar's head honey maple turkey with 2 slices of ultra thin pepperjack cheese

I did 15 minutes of cardio and a 50 minute strength training class this morning

Totals are 1,200 calories, 112 g of protein, 48 g of carbs if I eat everything above.

Have a great day, everyone!!!

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 329 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 337 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 287 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 456 views