What's on your menu this Tuesday, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 1/27/15 12:18 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

You inspired me to buy a rotisserie chicken for the first time and I'm so excited to eat it today. Now I'm only eating it for one meal but still.....

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 1/27/15 12:19 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Is that pepper jack you're eating the Sargento Ultra Thin?  I can't find that flavor anywhere and I must have it!

Daisydoo02
on 1/26/15 10:59 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good morning everyone! Anny enjoy the snow day even if you didn't get a ton of snow!  I LOVE the snow and its snowing really hard here right now, think I will leave work early today if it keeps up.  I think I would like to take up knitting Anny, I am very intrigued by this and will have to find somewhere near my home to take some classes.  When I get home after my gym workout and the hike with the dogs I have dinner and then I am looking for something to do in the evenings, I am so bored with TV right now. So knitting is on my list of things to learn.

I love that you & Em are going to challenge each other!  Fantastic idea!  What better way to keep you motivated and looking forward to something each day. And who knows you might like it and get used to the below 50 carbs and keep it around past the five days. I am cheering you both on!!

Question for all of you, how many of you wear a Medic Alert bracelet (or type of alert) since having RNY surgery? I am 14 mos + out and I don't have one. My centre at my one year follow up appt gave me heck for not having one, its on my list of things to do. What are your thoughts on them?

Time since surgery: 14 months + 12 days

AM wake up: two cups of Chocolate Raspberry flavored coffee with 1% milk

B: Protein Hot Chocolate

S: 2 tbsp garlic hummus & four Breton Multigrain crackers

L: 4 oz tandoori chicken (leftovers) over 1/4 cup mixed greens

S: 30 gms Brie cheese & 4 Breton Multigrain crackers

D: 4 oz tandoori chicken (last of the leftovers) over 1/4 cup mixed greens

S: Protein Hot Chocolate before bed

TOTALS: 887 calories, 93 protein, 46 carbs, 34 fat (all my totals are low today I might add in a yogurt & blueberries in the evening)

V/W: am vits are done, calcium chews throughout the day all on timers on my iPhone & water is good!

E: Step class for 60 minutes after work, then home and 60 minute hike with the dogs in the snow then out to Walmart (lots of steps!!)

Stay WARM & SAFE everyone!! Enjoy your day off those of you who are staying home today 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

AnnyBananny
on 1/27/15 12:35 am, edited 1/27/15 12:35 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Yes! You should totally learn to knit! I've been knitting since college and it is totally my "zen." Right now I'm working on socks and the toe is giving me headaches - I might actually walk over to the yarn shop this afternoon and get some help if I can't figure it out soon, darnit! 

I'm using a cool method for knitting in the round called Magic Loop. I learned it ages ago and rarely use it, so it's been a fun challenge!

As for the medic alert bracelet, I don't wear one and my program has never made any mention of doing so. I've seen it come up here in the past, but I've never given it any actual consideration to tell the truth. I'll be interested to hear what others have to say!

AngryViking
on 1/27/15 12:51 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I have little tag on my keychain that says 'No Blind NG Tube"; my surgeon's office has them in a little basket by the receptionist so I grabbed it.  If anyone needs to find it, they'd have to thumb through the dozen other tags on my keys; it's right between the PetSmart Perks and RiteAid Wellness+ tags.  LOL

Emiepie
on 1/26/15 11:07 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Good morning! Sitting here in rainy California. I am hoping you can tell me about skinny pop and cool whip froyo..... I read through this post every few days and am always curious what some of the items are :)  I recently have tried some of the quest bars after seeing them on here so often and they are yummy! Good luck on the lo-carb... You got this!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

AnnyBananny
on 1/27/15 12:43 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

SkinnyPop is the brand name of one of the zillions of low-fat already popped popcorns you can buy. I've tried a bunch of different brands and it's my favorite. Personally I like the original flavor - but there's Salt and Pepper and Cheddar available. My program discourages popcorn because some people find it irritates their pouch, the little pieces of kernels, but I've had no problems.

The Cool Whip FroYo is my own variation of a recipe I found at some point. I take a tub of Cool Whip (low fat/fat free/ sugar free whatever I grab first LOL) and mix it with two containers of Light and Fit Greek Yogurt and that's it! I divide this out into my silicone muffin pan and freeze - then pop out for 12 little low-fat, relative low-carb frozen yogurts!

AngryViking
on 1/27/15 12:56 am, edited 1/27/15 2:47 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Oh, that reminds me!  I made a recipe this weekend that was on the side of a box of SF pistachio pudding and it was yummy!

Watergate Salad

1 box SF pistachio pudding

2 c. Cool Whip

1 container of vanilla yogurt

1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple, undrained.

Mix it all up and chill for a bit.  So delish. 

Emiepie
on 1/27/15 1:56 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Thanks!! That treat sounds amazing and I'll have to try it and try to locate some of that popcorn!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Bubbles314
on 1/26/15 11:22 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi,

Glad to here you Easterner's still had your snow day without your 3 feet of snow.  Have fun.  It is still bitterly cold here, but no snow.

Karen hope the surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery.  Anny and Em good luck with the low carb challenge.  Mine are creeping up and I may have to try lowering them for a time.  Good luck to all of you.

I gotta say people in my family are falling like flies to the flu.  It started with the kids, one was hospitalized for dehydration for a couple of days. He is out now and back to school much to his dismay after a week off he (6 years old) did not want to go back to school.   Now the adults are getting sick.  I am hoping it doesn't get me.

time since surgery 17 weeks

B  light and fit yogurt strawberry cheesecake

L  1/2 cup of chili leftover, 5 crackers

D  lasagna  also leftover, salad

S  light string cheese, shrimp ****tail

Cal  614,  Prot  57  may have to add some more protein

V/W  started

E  bike for 45 minutes in a.m., may do another 45 tonight?

Have a great day.

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 345 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 342 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 290 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 461 views