What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Emiepie
on 3/26/15 12:13 am, edited 3/26/15 12:13 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning from sunny (yes..sunny sorry all!) Cali!!

I am watching Dancing with the stars-but haven't started this weeks episode yet :)  My daughter loves the band R5 and one of the members is on it so she is enjoying it as well :)

Hope all have a great day!

Time since surgery-Just about 7 1/2 months

B: Skinny cinn. dolce latte, egg white, spinach, broccoli and cheese scramble, a clementine and fresh blackberries

L: Lunch with friends and we are having Pho-so some shredded chicken, veggies and broth (I don't know if I can eat much of the broth-I think I ate enough for a lifetime after surgery!)

S: L&F cherry yogurt with chia seeds and a tad granola

D: P3 ham pack and egg white scramble and a handful of trail mix

S: Dark chocolate banana THINaddictives and maybe a latte with soy milk when I get home from work

Vitamins: Will start with breakfast

W: started

E: Gym morning so 1 hour of cardio including elliptical and treadmill.

Totals: Cals: 893 Protein: 77 Carbs:82  Fat 27.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Daisydoo02
on 3/26/15 12:27 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Morning ladies!  Weekend plans are buying paint, brushes, rollers and hubby and I are painting our downstairs hallway, powder bathroom, living room & kitchen. Our house is not very big so this will only take the weekend!  Crappy weather here too, woke up to a sprinkle of snow all over my car and lawn! Oy vey!!!  AV I am totally jealous that you have land and the need for a backhoe!  I could totally get down on that!  I live in the burbs where all of my neighbours are on top of each other, so living in the country is my dream, would love to have a few acres, no neighbours in my backyard looking in my kitchen window!  LOL You are a good wife for even entertaining hubby and his "toys". 

I don'****ch any of the reality shows.  Not because I don't like them, I am just too busy and rarely home.  And when I am home the TV is usually on a sports channel, or I have my head buried in a good book.  But I do prefer the Voice over Idol if I was to watch.

Time since surgery: 16 months + two weeks

B: two cups of vanilla hazelnut coffee with 1% milk and splenda & Health Smart Protein Hot Chocolate

S: Grande Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Latte

L: 3.5 oz of chicken shawarma on mixed lettuce greens and lots of hot sauce!

S: Health Smart Protein Hot Chocolate

D: 4 oz of bbq'd pork chop, 1/4 green beans, 2 tbsp of BBQ sauce

S: 2 tbsp garlic hummus and 4 Breton Crackers, Health Smart Protein Hot chocolate

Totals: 894 calories, 118 protein, 48 carbs, 27 fat

V/W: am vits done, calcium on alarms, lots of water, no problem

E: 60 minute walk at lunch today, 60 minute hike with the dogs and hubby when I get home and then we are "taping" the baseboards and washing walls tonight to prep for painting, should be fun... NOT!

Have a great day everyone!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

AngryViking
on 3/26/15 12:34 am
RNY on 07/17/14

A couple of years ago my husband and I redid our son's room and during the taping phase of painting, we almost came to blows.  LOL  We do not do "projects" well together.

Daisydoo02
on 3/26/15 12:39 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

OMG too funny!!! I know exactly what you mean!!!!!

Hubby and I have come to realize that for us to do projects together we have "roles."  He takes the Supervisor role and I take the worker role.  That's what works for us.  Because I don't want to have to bring up the catastrophe of 2002 when we tried to put some Ikea furniture together and it just became a yelling match and frustrations may or may not have been taken out on the poor Ikea table!! LOL LOL LOL 

AngryViking
on 3/26/15 12:58 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I refer to our own Waterloo as "The Great Renovation of '05".  He tried to completely renovate our first house when I was 6 months pregnant.  We never speak of it.  LOL

karenp8
on 3/26/15 3:01 am - Brighton, IL

I love my hubby to death but we CANNOT do projects together. I pick out the co!or and he paints it as he is far too particular for me to help. Of course he makes airplanes for a living and does quality control for Boeing so perhaps it is good that he is particular!

Bubbles314
on 3/26/15 3:26 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Daisydoo,

Do you make your own Health smart protein hot chocolate?  Do you buy it?  How much protein/calories?  Thanks in advance for your answer

dale

Daisydoo02
on 3/26/15 4:06 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi Dale,

I get the Health Smart Protein Hot Chocolate from Nashua Nutrition.  It comes in seven packages in a box.  It tastes just like regular creamy hot chocolate, its delicious!!!! I just use regular boiling water and mix and viola!!   It comes in different "flavours" so far I have tried, Classic which is awesome, Raspberry which was good, Marshmallow which was awesome, tiny little marshmallows and Cinnamon which I was not crazy about the flavour.  If you do order make sure you get the Hot Chocolate ones, they do also have under the Health Smart brand "Instant Cocoa", you want the Hot Chocolate which is near the bottom of the page.  Here is a pic of one I had in my lunch bag for my afternoon snack today. Sorry the pic is sideways!!!

80 calories, 15 protein, 3 carbs per packet. 

Daisy

Bubbles314
on 3/26/15 6:36 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Thanks for the info.  I would have PM you but couldn't because of OH couldn't find you.  I am going to order some tonight, thanks again.

phibbmom
on 3/26/15 12:55 am

Good morning all!  I woke up slow this morning.  Still sore from the circuit class on Monday . . . is that normal?  Whenever I lift weights, I feel like I am so much more sore than when I did it pre-surgery.  Maybe because it's a dreary day here too.

I love Idol, but for some reason I can't get into this year either.  I usually would have picked someone who I love by now, but I don't find any of them really standing out to me. 

time since surgery:  almost 6 months!

B:  Steel cut oatmeal, 1/4 c skim milk, 1/2 scoop protein powder

L:  rosemary ham, reduced fat swiss, 1/4 small sweet potato

D:  turkey chili, spinach

S:  Yogurt

V/W:  started

Exercise:  1/2 hour treadmill, 1/2 hour elliptical 

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

Recent Topics