What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Dodgergirl27
on 3/27/15 3:20 am
RNY on 01/22/14

I haven't read the books yet, but only because I'm terrified that I will start, love them, then George R.R. Martin will die and leave me hanging!  I have a feeling I wouldn't like any ghost writer who took over :)  So, I keep saying I'll read them once he's completed them, so in 10 - 20 yrs :)  Everyone I know who has read them says they are AMAZING (except for book 4 or 5 where he brought in all new characters, everyone complains about that book, lol)....I'm SOOO excited about the new season.  Best show on TV.

My Arya list can get pretty long sometimes :)

mschwab
on 3/27/15 4:27 am
RNY on 11/21/14

l love, love, love Game of Throne.  I did not so much read the books, as inhaled them.  I am starting over and reading them again.  Love the show too, and can't wait until April 5th.  An Arya kill list.  I love it.  I need to start one of those, and make sure I run through it every night before bed.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Dodgergirl27
on 3/27/15 4:35 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Sometimes when I'm super stressed at work, I do run through the list before bed :)  Instead of counting sheep....it's a little twisted, but it usually does the trick...

TanyaRN
on 3/27/15 3:20 am - Palm Bay, FL

Time since surgery....11 years, 2 mon

b....triple zero Greek yogurt

s .....handful of nuts

s.... All natural PB on few triscuits

d.... Chicken tenderloins on grill. Not sure of sides

Bubbles314
on 3/27/15 3:30 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hey Everybody,

I too have been trying to watch what I eat real close, I do o****il 8 or 9p.m. then I want to snack.  I added a snack to stop this but I still want to eat after I have it and I am not hungry.  Head hunger.  Old habits I am still trying to break.  Now I am making sure I do eat something every 3 to 4 hours and trying to keep food low carb, high protein, most days I do ok.   The last couple of months has been stress eating a few times.  Trying to come up with an alternative to eating.  I also drink a lot of water. 

5 1/2 months

S  3 sl turkey bacon

B   coffee, ham, cheese and egg bake

L   2.5 oz steak, asparagus, mushrooms

D  TBD  going to sub at bowling tonight and my brother-inlaw is cooking dinner, he is a good cook but since we're going bowling he will be fixing pizza I fear.  Thank God for the extra exercise.

S  skinny pop popcorn, maybe something else I want to check my MFP

V/W  started

E  I rode the bike this morning 1.5 hours so done with that too.

Have a good weekend

Daisydoo02
on 3/27/15 3:33 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

AV I have bottomless pit days, weeks actually.  For me its like clockwork with my period.  Then once I get my period I have no appetite, so weird.  Glad you picked yourself up and dusted yourself off and started a new day, that's life right.  

I laughed out loud on your rendition of your husband and "honey I don't feel good, honey can you get me a sweatshirt."  WHAT IS WITH MEN and their colds are worse than the rest of the world.  My husband literally got a wood splinter from work earlier this week, I had to take it out for him (lots of whining there) and then I had to hear about it all week when he washed his hands and how the soap stung.  I mean come on... LOL LOL LOL

mschwab
on 3/27/15 4:09 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Good morning everyone.  My day is all messed up.  I am losing my assistant to another job (boo for me, great move for her), and today is her last day.  I am spending the work day at our Research Offices, so I am trying to tie up loose ends with her remotely.  I am meeting her for lunch, so at least I'll be able to say goodbye in person.  She is going to be only 3 floors away, but still...  So, breakfast was a handful of grapes, and I have no idea what lunch will be.  Probably a cup of soup and a salad of some kind.  The rest of the day, I have no set plans.  I have good stuff at home in the fridge, so I should be able to make good choices.  I also have a cold bottle of white wine in the fridge.  That would be a bad choice.

I posted a selfie from this morning.  Taken from a different office, the view from the window is not very interesting.

Confession time:  I posted it as a reply to another post above, but thought I would repeat it here.  My great shame was traveling with my own airplane seat belt extender to avoid the humiliation of having to ask for one.  If a miracle happened and the regular seat belt fit, I would always tighten it up after the flight when I got up.  I guess it was so the cleaning crew didn't know a fat person sat there?  How messed up is that?  I almost cried when a was on a plane a couple of months ago and not only did the belt fit, but had plenty of room to spare.  I could also lower the tray easily and cross my legs.  Heaven.

Have a great weekend!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Dodgergirl27
on 3/27/15 4:31 am, edited 3/27/15 4:31 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Great pic, did you change your hair color?  I love it!  Isn't it sad all of the things we had to do pre-op to travel comfortably?  Even if I was just going on a quick 2 day trip, I would pack like I was leaving for a year, b/c I knew if something happened to my clothes there was no way I could shop in a "normal" store and god forbid there were no plus size options around.  Which was crazy b/c how often do clothes just randomly get destroyed?!?!  But I lived in total fear of that. Now I don't even give it a second thought.  

Also, I totally would adjust the seat belt too as I was getting off the plane, so the crew wouldn't know a MO person was on board...lol!  Craziness!

mschwab
on 3/27/15 9:07 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Glad to know I'm not the only one who adjusted the seat belt.  Totally get it about the clothes. Years ago I was on vacation in Spain and the car was broken into and all of my clothes stolen. It was a nightmare trying to find any clothes that I could wear. Apparently three are no MO women in Spain..

Yes, I did change my hair color.  I always wanted to be a red head, and now I am. Gingers rule!

Recent Topics