What's on your Thursday menu RNYers?

Corrie33
on 5/19/16 10:27 am
RNY on 02/09/15

Good Morning!  The trip to Ecuador sounds so exciting, your son will have stories to tell for the rest of his life.

QOTD:  I've been to Europe (Scotland, England, France)... but exotic?... I guess Cabo San Lucos?  I'm right on the border so I've traveled all over Mexico.  It's beautiful down there.

15 months since RNY

Today's Menu:

B - HB Egg, Green Tea

S - L&F Yogurt, 1/2 Graham Cracker Sheet

L - 2 oz Rotisserie Chicken, Babybel cheese, .25 Cup Bone Broth

S - .3 oz Plentils Chips w/Laughing Cow Cheese

D - Turkey/Cheese/Ham Melt with Picante Sauce (4.6 oz total)

S - 10 Almonds

Calories=1068,  Protein=77

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

G2GAWAY
on 5/19/16 10:49 am
RNY on 05/16/15

If you like Cabo, you should try Loreto, Mexico.  Limited flights in, but it is like what I would imagine Cabo was years ago.  We went in November and I caught a big Yellowtail (or yellowfin-geez can't remember).  The people were awesome, we snorkeled every day.  It was beautiful.  We were trying to go back for Thanksgiving, but may end up just doing the quick Mexico cruise due to flights and timing.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

G2GAWAY
on 5/19/16 10:47 am
RNY on 05/16/15

Deanna-So exciting for kids to travel with or without their parents and experience other cultures.  Hope he has a great time and gains an appreciation for the luxuries we have in America.

Cynthia-The Kenya trip sounds awesome.  What an impact travel experiences can make on a person.  Although not quite the same, my daughter studied abroad in Argentina and visited a winery in Mendoza.  She was studying pre-health in college, but is now a winemaker!  You never know how things you do with change your future.  Hoping all goes well with the dress and wedding festivities.  It sounds like the alterations will work great.

I am a traveler, so I have been a lot of places and love to go anywhere.  Probably the most exotic places so far have been Moorea, and most recently, Thailand.  I am looking forward to a 2 week trip to Africa in October!!!  I CANNOT WAIT!

I am heading to my one year check up in a few minutes.  My "surgiversary" was Monday.  I still have a few more pounds I want to lose, but am very happy with my results so far.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Texas Girl
on 5/19/16 1:21 pm

Hi

I am new to this RNY discussion, but an old post-op girl.  I am loving the meal ideas I am seeing in the posts on personal menus... I am getting good ideas for myself... Just Lurking around.

Thank you..

Texas girl

Deanna798
on 5/19/16 1:30 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Welcome!  Please feel free to join us anytime.  I know that coming here and posting really helps to keep me on track, plus there are just some really fun people here.  We are planning a little fun challenge for next week, we're cutting back on the carbs and going CAMAW.  Check it out if you're interested in giving it a try.  I know for me, it helps to reset from carbs and get back to dense protein first.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Emiepie
on 5/19/16 2:20 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Welcome!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Catek2652
on 5/20/16 4:47 am
RNY on 10/26/15

Shop sitting this morning (volunteer at our local artisan gallery). Looking forward to an plein air pastel painting workshop next Thursday but must clean the house and prepare for company coming for the  Memorial Day Weekend BEFORE I leave for the workshop. Drawing class on Monday morning. Also need to get in my studio and finish painting and framing a couple of things for an upcoming art show. Busy.

Plan for today:

B: 6 oz low fat cottage cheese with Tbl PB-2 powder and a squirt of sugar free Torani chocolate syrup, decalf coffee with 2% milk.

L: Left over 2 oz flank steak with some spinach leaves (4 or 5) from the garden and a couple of radishes (also from the garden)

S: A premier protein shake about 3 pm

D: Baked fish (2 to 3 oz depending on pouch capacity), turnip greens sautéed in a little olive oil with onions.

S: 1/2 cup greek yogurt with 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries and Splenda

I'll drink several cups of decaf coffee and water flavored with Propel throughout the day.

Cate K

Northern Neck, VA 5'4" 56 years old

Highest weight 245: 7/1/2015, RNY surgery on October 26th. Had multiple complications and follow up surgeries and stayed in hospital for 24 days. Goal weight is 140.

Recent Topics