on 6/22/16 6:03 pm

Viva la coffee!

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Mary Gee
on 6/22/16 5:35 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I've only lost 160 pounds so far, have another 50 to go.... and I have not had any low fat or diet foods (with the exception of sugar-free jello.  I have half-and-half in my coffee (at least two cups daily), full fat mayo, regular blue cheese or creamy parmesan salad dressings, butter, etc.

Gee, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong.  When I eat dense protein first, followed by low Carb veggies, I do great.

*Disclaimer: I did go 'off-program' for a period of time due to terminal illness/death of mate and fire destroying my home... gained 10 pounds during that time.  Lost the 10 pound gain and eight pounds more in the last month, and loss is continuing.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Amy R.
on 6/23/16 12:20 am

Wow - lively thread!  lol

Wasn't gonna add to it but did want to tell you (Deanna) that my RH (and the dumping that was supposed to go away or minimize a few years in) have only gotten worse as time goes by.  I've had a couple of nasty episodes this last few weeks that caught me by surprise.  I know if I eat over 10grams of sugar I will likely dump.  Fortunately, I can avoid that by not eating sugar.  Unfortunately, I am human and sometimes I have to stick my toe in the water.

I've also discovered that eating even less than 10 grams  sugar after eating a combination of any carbs and very high fats causing dumping along with the subsequent RH.

The weird thing is that the RH has come on a couple of times lately with no warning at all - and no dumping episode (no sugar)  immediately prior.  I don't know what to make of that but have to assume it's a carb thing or possibly a carb/fat thing.  I am currently working to avoid the carbs completely.  I know for a fact it's not the fat alone because I have yet to dump on protein or protein and fat.  EVER.  (that was for you Caprice.  If you don't correct your out-dated information I predict some truly miserable postop times for you my dear.)

Wish I had a pat answer.  Unfortunately it's always been trial and error for me.  It's miserable and I hope you get it figured out.

Deanna798
on 6/23/16 4:06 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Thanks! I'm scaling back my menu a bit today to see how it goes.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

AngryViking
on 6/23/16 6:00 am
RNY on 07/17/14

crazy4birds
on 6/23/16 11:46 am
RNY on 12/02/14

Sometimes, out of the blue, I feel hot and heart racing after a protein shake, which I don't drink much anymore but used to drink a lot with no problems.  That being said sometimes my hot flashes are related to hormones so when I feel a flush coming on I'm not sure what's causing it.  Had a hysterectomy so not sure if I am through menopause (tmi) but I am a lot older that you so this is probably not your issue.  lol   I had my first RH a few days ago and it scared me.  Not sure where I am going with all of this but just letting you know...I feel your confusion and I'm right there with you!!!

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130 

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 294 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 326 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 281 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 447 views