Issues with sugar or what?

karenp8
on 6/22/16 12:50 pm - Brighton, IL

There is nothing wrong with any of these foods in moderation. I eat them all occassionally and all cheese I eat is full fat. We eat such small amounts of food and do need fat in our diet to stay regular. In case you are wondering,I weighed 273 pounds 4 years ago,lost all my weight in 9 months and have weighed 118 to 123 now for three years. So it seems to be working!

hollykim
on 6/22/16 12:54 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 22, 2016 at 7:40 PM Pacific Time, Lovely_Caprice wrote:

Ask any doctor what they will say to patients that had wls and eat:

Mayo - it is only bad oil and high in fat

Velvetta cheese - same answer

Yogourt - good but not the kind that ia high in fat and full of sugar

Cream - who eats puts cream in coffee when they try to loose weight!

you are completely wrong and this is very old school advice.

The Salty Hag
on 6/22/16 12:54 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

She said the yogurt was not high in sugar.  

I don't use low or fat free ANYTHING, and I'm maintaining a 140 lb loss. 

I put cream in my coffee EVERYDAY....and I'm maintaining a 140 lb loss. 

Low fat or fat free foods are often higher in sugar, which is what we need to worry about after surgery. 

We need fat in our diets. We don't need the added sugars found in low fat or fat free foods. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/22/16 12:56 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Miss Liss
on 6/22/16 1:00 pm

Actually, I am 12 years out from surgery and have lost my excess weight and have kept it off, and I have one mug of coffee every single day with cream and stevia in it.  My mug of coffee has, oh, wait for it, 30 whole calories.  Not sinful!  Coffee in and of itself with a little cream isn't sinful, it's all of the other crap that gets put into it that makes it sinful.  Now, if all I drank all day long every day was coffee loaded with cream and sugar, that would be sinful and I probably wouldn't be a normal size.  Moderation is the key to success in this journey.  Coffee with creamer I can be moderate with.  Cakes and pastries not so much.  Can't have those in my house.  Each person has learn what works for them on this journey to health and healing.  What works for one person doesn't work for another.  What one person can't say no to, somebody else can. What one person can have in their house and never be tempted by may be the very thing that sets off a binge in someone else.  It's a trial and error and take it day by day kind of walk. 

jenorama
on 6/22/16 1:05 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

LOL I put half and half in my coffee and I've lost 163 lbs. Guess I'm doing it wrong?  

Jen

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/22/16 1:48 pm

I re-gained some weight due to too many carbs. I cut the carbs, increased fat (yes - increased fat) and lost the last 5 lbs of my regain. 

I do agree that some of the items have questionable quality of oils. But mayo made with sunflower oil and not others is a great choice. As for yogurt and cheese or cream - these are good fats..(i can't eat them because I am allergic to dairy..(proteins) 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/22/16 3:32 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Hi Caprice  

Have you had WLS yet?  I read your profile, and it sounds like you're still a pre op.

Thanks!

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

lking
on 6/22/16 4:23 pm - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 12/04/15

She is pre-op, expecting her surgery in August.

67 yrs old, 4'10", BMI 31.8 (51.8 at start), HW 256.4 (8/4/15), SW 217.4, CW 152.8 (4/30/18), GW 125.0, RNY 12/4/15 Dr. RoseMarie Jones, Breast Cancer DX 2/16, Bi-lateral mastectomy 8/9/16.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/22/16 5:12 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Well, bless her heart.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 269 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 275 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 441 views