Issues with sugar or what?

Roma
on 6/22/16 4:55 pm
RNY on 06/15/15

Cream in my coffee every day x2 for a year. I've lost 120 lbs.

Worry about sugar, not fat.

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

Oxford Comma Hag
on 6/22/16 6:01 pm

Huh. My own surgeon has no problem with any of this. Any doctor? You mean you. Quit bagging on people with you preop sanctimony, holier-than-thou posts.

Sinful, pssst.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Lovely_Caprice
on 6/22/16 6:33 pm

All I said was my opinion - no need to bash me.  I really believe in freedom of speech.  I respect your opinion so thank you.  Hopefully you will find happiness one day because you are so sad and aggressive.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 6/22/16 6:40 pm

You know what's really a great tool for finding happiness? Not bagging on people for 'sinful'foods, then posting passive-agressive twaddle when called on it.

Bless your heart, you peach.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

NYMom222
on 6/22/16 8:13 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

These forums are meant to be helpful. Your 'opinion' wasn't helpful because you added a whopping dose of judgement by adding the word 'sin' and then offered no explanation as to why you thought they were bad, or would have caused an RH episode, which is the question she was asking.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/23/16 8:13 am, edited 6/23/16 1:14 am
RNY on 08/05/19

"Freedom of speech" means that the government cannot limit free expression. It DOESN'T mean that others can't think your opinions are BS.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Lovely_Caprice
on 6/23/16 8:31 am

Thank you for your lovely comment.  Shows your level of education.

Han Shot First
on 6/23/16 5:59 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

My surgeon would agree with this.  And just like you, he would be wrong.  My RNY surgeon, like most surgeons, are experts on the operation itself, not the nutrition afterwards.  I can certainly understand the wisdom of "follow your doctor's advice," but they're not infallible.  And it doesn't take too much time looking on this and other sites to see that many surgeons are not correct with their diet plans.

Once I stopped trying to go low fat, my weight loss picked up and was very consistent.  YMMV

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Lovely_Caprice
on 6/23/16 6:34 am

I agree that a Surgeon is not a nutrition expect - you are totally right.  My weight at the moment is 192 lbs and I didn't claim to be an expect either.  However, you failed to mention that your weight dropped as well because the quantities of food you eat are no longer the same.  This is a big component to the success of your weight loss - not just by stopping to go low fat!

Han Shot First
on 6/23/16 6:42 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Oh no doubt, the largest factors in my weight loss were the calorie malabsorption and restriction from the surgery. I didn't mention them because I thought it'd be understood on a RNY board. I also didn't claim that going full fat was the only reason I lost, just that my weight loss picked up and was more consistent. 

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 272 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 276 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 441 views