What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

CathyV
on 8/24/16 9:00 am

Cat person. I mean, I love dogs, I have a dog, but I'm a cat person. I have three cats...14 years ago we found a pregnant stray with frostbite on her ear. We took her in, and she had four kittens in my living room. We found homes for two,kept two and kept the momma...now we have three very old and fussbudgety old lady cats, lol. 

Five days to surgery day! I am forcing myself to stop complaining about my pre-op diet, so I have nothing else to say about that. lol. I am already down 6 1/2 pounds from it though. My mom wins the award for being the first person to say, "Why do you need surgery? Just keep doing the pre-op diet!" 

Breakfast- 1 chocolate Celebrate shake, 1 coffee with sploosh of whole milk

Lunch- 1 vanilla celebrate shake, probably with a sprinkle of SF lime jello mixed in, for funsies.

Snack-  triple zero strawberry greek yogurt, Popsicles, broth, decaf coffee as needed to avoid homicidal tendencies. 

Dinner- Atkins Beef Teriyaki frozen dinner, green salad with FF Italian dressing

calories- 947, not counting a bit from broth I may have.  Carbs- 76. Fat- 28. Protein- 105.

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

stacyrg
on 8/24/16 9:22 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Morning everyone.  As I posted in response to Melissa, I strayed from AMAW-C yesterday and was promptly punished by the Universe with a bout of slimeys.  I never had it ever with my sleeve, so I feel like I've been initiated!  Anyway, the offending food was quinoa, which is, for the immediate future anyway, off the favorite food list.  And like I said in the other post, since I threw up the offending food (and the rest of my dinner), I think I'm still AMAW-C compliant.   Anyway, not sure about today's menu.  I'm still feeling off from last night, so going to take it slow and see what happens.  My plan has a latte thrown in, so my carbs are over 20g and that makes me  but it may be what I need today.

KQOTD - I love both, but am somewhat allergic to cats (particularly long hairs).  It's not that I can't be around them, I just need to plan ahead and take a swig of liquid benadryl.  So, I'll have to say dogs, since that's all I can own.  Specifically huskies . . .

Here's my plan:

B: 2.75 oz of ground turkey, .78 oz shredded cheese and .5 tbs pesto for moisture

L: Chicken thigh meat

D: Flank steak (I need to grill this up tonight or it's going to end up in the trash)

S: skinny vanilla latte; sliced turkey breast and cheese 

Totals (as planned) Cal: 723; Protein: 80g (amazingly low for an AMAW menu); Carbs: 23g ( i know the latte has 19 and can't for the life of me find the remainder, unless its the damn pesto.  Ugh)

Corrie33
on 8/24/16 9:35 am
RNY on 02/09/15

Good morning and happy AMAW Humpday!

I'm rocking AMAW - not one single slip up.  And like many others here, even though I pack and can have all the foods in my bags, I'm only eating about 3/4 of it.  Same will apply today I'm sure.  But I'd rather pack more and have lots of options, than just pack a little and not have choices.

Oh... and I've lost 4.1 pounds since Monday morning (and that's 'pre-Miralax kicking in yet as of this morning IF y'kwim?).  So, here's a pic of what's in my lunch bags today (plus I'm thawing pork Loin chops for tonight's dinner).  Oh, and please disregard the phallic looking symbol - LOL!

18+ months since RNY - weight today:  136.4

• turkey bacon
  • 97% fat free beef frank
  • 2 oz each of
    • deli ham
    • sliced turkey
    • EOR roast beef
    • rotisserie chicken
  • Laughing Cow Cheese
  • Babybel Cheese
  • .5 oz 2% Colby Jack Shredded
  • salami rollup 
  • HB egg
  • L&F Yogurt (not showing here)
  • Pork Loin for dinner (not showing)

I must admit, I'm full most of the day, but am still craving the fresh peaches, nectarines and tomatoes I bought just before the challenge - they call to me every time I open the fridge.  I hope they're still good until Saturday.  Otherwise, my other cravings for carbs (like pretzels, GF crackers, SF cookies) seems to be in check, so yaaay.

QOTD - DOGS for sure!  I love all animals... but Dad didn't like cats, so I'm not as familiar with how to relate to them.  I also have a mean, bitey, noisey parrot who drives me crazy, but he's been with me for 15 years and I don't know why, but I love him!

Here's my sweetie, Hopie just after having a bath last month.  She was smiling in this picture because she LOVES the toweling off part!  Yes, this is my baby... she'll be 9 years old next month.  Oh, and we had "doggie day care" at the office yesterday so I got to bring her to work with me because the boss is out of town.  (Shhhhh!  Don't tell.)  

Have another great AMAW day everyone!!

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

AngryViking
on 8/24/16 9:42 am, edited 8/24/16 2:47 am
RNY on 07/17/14

OMG, your Hopie is the cutest!  I wish they'd do something like that here so we could bring our dogs to work.  Although on second thought...Bagel would probably just pee on everything.  He's kind of a nervous dog. 

stacyrg
on 8/24/16 9:51 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Nikolai wouldn't get out of the car.  You should see the hilarity when I take him for a bath.  I have to take someone with me so one of us can pull and the other can push his ass out of the car!

Kakesie
on 8/24/16 1:43 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Oh, I LOVE Hopie!  She is adorable!!!  Aren't older dogs the best!  Bless her sweet heart!    Love those ears perked up high in the sky!

monkam
on 8/24/16 10:07 am, edited 8/24/16 10:01 am
RNY on 02/16/15

I love your funny stories, AV ... and the way you write them! I hope your co-workers appreciate you. I sure wish someone as fun as you worked with me.

Yesterday was huge pouch (or it was huge head hunger which explains why they call it a "shrink" that I need). You guys I added on like 400 more calories - head hunger or not, I didn't stop eating (beef jerky, turkey sausage sticks, beef smoked sausage, and a yogurt. Wth.)   Changing things up a lot today to see if it helps.  I am drinking more to see if thirst more than 'hunger', so that is good to get more fluids.

QOTD: DOGGIES! I have a rescue Bichon/Poodle mix with 3 legs named Wilson. No history on the amputation because he was left in a box at the shelter's front door. Amputation was clearly long ago, but his remaining back leg had a torn ACL so he couldn't move from the box. He was all trained and he is awesome personality, so I figure he had a cool family who either couldn't afford to repair the injury or feared it would need amputation also. Vets donated fixing the ACL for the shelter and I lucked out and got him after he had some PT. He was around 6 - that was 3 years ago. He gets around just fine. Some cats are cool, but I really am "allergic". Like swelled-shut eyes and need a rescue inhaler to breathe type of allergic.

B - 2 coffees - whole chocolate premier protein

S - none (busy -- coffee/waters held me fine til I could eat an early lunch before walking at lunch)

L - albacore tuna can + champagne dressing & 2 HB egg

S - oven roasted turkey breast & 6 cherry tomatoes

D - ribeye

Cal: 967  Protein: 128  Carb:  14  Fat:  41 Sugar:  7 

Theduffman27
on 8/24/16 6:28 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

Wilson looks like an awsome little guy!

monkam
on 8/25/16 5:13 am
RNY on 02/16/15

He is great. Took me a while to be ready for another after losing my 16yr mini poodle - she was brown/red with a black racing stripe down her back -lol. But so glad I did find another match. Wilson has such an awesome personality. I think about the family that had to give him up :(.

I think I've seen pic of your cool Standard on here, right? Poodles are so smart and with the classy prance. And someone on here has Pedro the standard. Is it Amy (Ereiam)?  DOGS all the way! 

AngryViking
on 8/25/16 5:21 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Aww, I love Wilson.  Look at that sweet face. 

Most Active
Recent Topics