What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 8/24/16 6:00 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Holy crap, that video is insane!  Poor seal. 

Kathy S.
on 8/24/16 8:06 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I saw that video! What a smart little guy!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

AnnyBananny
on 8/24/16 5:44 am, edited 8/23/16 10:46 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Is it mean that I'm laughing somewhat hysterically about your shirt?

Yeah, I think it's mean.

QOTD: I'm neither. Please don't hate me, y'all. I'm super loving, but I just don't love animals. I don't kick them or want to eat them all, I just don't really want them living with me. The Fella has a cat though and last evening he informed me that I'm the second contact on his microchip thingy, so apparently I'm his "step mom." (Edit: the cat's microchip thingy, not the Fella's - that'll be later on once we're married)

It's day two or a weird schedule of tasks and meetings at work - but I AM going in late, so I'm currently reclining on my bed with an iced coffee, so I ain't mad.

Time since surgery: 2+ years

B: Coffee with cream, DD Wake Up Wrap

S: Kind bar as I drive between destinations

L: chicken skillet thingy

S: string cheese and turkey sausage bites

D: Quest bar as I drive between destinations (noticing a theme?)

S: Suzie's Thins with PB and a frozen Chobani tube

TOTALS: Calories 1150, Protein 82, Carbs 82, Fat 66

V/W: started

E: rest day

Mantra: Do I really want this?

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 8/24/16 5:52 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Ooh, I like today's mantra.  I need to start using that.

AnnyBananny
on 8/24/16 6:03 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

The original mantra was "I can have it if I want it, but do I really want it?" I find that to be a SUPER powerful statement and SUPER helpful!

melissasue1982
on 8/24/16 6:03 am
RNY on 04/06/15

The answer to DO I REALLY WANT THIS? ...is always YES!  I would have to ask myself, do I really NEED this

I am glad you are going to be a responsible Husband owner and get him micro chipped

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AnnyBananny
on 8/24/16 6:05 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Yep, don't want to accidentally lose him at the mall or something.

You're right - need might be a better word than want - though I've been surprised how much this particular mantra has been useful to me.

melissasue1982
on 8/24/16 6:13 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Hey if it works for you, then that is all that matters!

I think, since reading the original mantra....the original hits home more for me, I have no idea why though! lol

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Grim_Traveller
on 8/24/16 7:09 am
RNY on 08/21/12

We don't mind the small, rice-sized subdermal microchips. But we hate the big ones they tag on our ears.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Daisydoo02
on 8/24/16 5:49 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Happy Midway Point Indeed!!!  AV I love that you are not hungry and "pretty sure" you have lost and even if you didn't lose just being less bloated is a total win win!!  I too am having a hard time finishing my food, dense protein is so friggin filling.  Your new top sounds really nice, tell your co workers the lace is for airing out your sides in this heat! LOL LOL

QOTD: come on that's just too easy, DOG person 1000%, always have been, always will be.  I grew up with Newfoundland dogs, they are massive gentle giants. Both my parents despise cats and it was like saying a dirty word in our house if you said 'cat'.  Personally I like cats I am just so used to a dog personality & traits though.  And ya all know my Labs are my life, Oliver & Amy are the kids (furkids) I was never able to have!

AMAW/AMAW-C is going so fantastic for me!!! I am down another pound this morning, so 2.4 lbs from the start on Monday. I am not hungry and I have zero cravings. I am more thirsty and have stepped up the liquids even more. I really can't get over how I am not hungry and don't even think about food.  Huh! Who knew!! 

Time since surgery: 2 yrs & almost 10 months

B: can of tuna with balsamic dressing (black vanilla hazelnut again with one splenda & Miralax, I am actually getting used to this!)

L: 1.5 mild Italian pork sausages and A1 sauce

S: 4 slices of bacon

D: 2 small pork chops with A1 sauce

S: 4 slices of bacon

TOTALS: 1054 calories, 96 protein, 8 carbs (under double digits!!!!) 74 fat what a difference in my fat number this week they are way up, but in a good way

Keep on keeping on my meaty friends you all are kicking butt!  And just so you know I am keeping an excel spreadsheet of all your progress and how you are all doing, helps me choose a winner for next week, so let's see those menus & pics!!!

Here are my pics:  first pic is of my wrist band from the gym last night.  We have to get wrist bands for the Muscle Pump class as its always so popular and they can only fit so many people in the room. So last night's wrist band had a "motivational" saying on it, it was so cute I had to snap a pic.  It says: "Be Strong, Be Confident, Be You!" So my awesome OHers that is your mantra for the day!!! Second pic is my eats today:  top left can of tuna, top right 2 mild Italian sausages, bottom left 4 slices of bacon, bottom right 2 cracker black pepper pork sticks (thanks JB they are yummy!) Dinner is pork chops not in the pic.

BE FABULOUS my AMAW & AMAW-C friends, only two days to go to the end of the challenge, WE GOT THIS!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Most Active
Recent Topics