What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Pokemom
on 8/24/16 10:17 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Hi AV and everyone else.  I may be late to the conversation, but at least I am consistent! 

I love the Seal of Approval.

QOTD:  I am more of a cat person.  But I have a dog.  Have had this dog for 1.5 years.  WHAT WAS I THINKING!  I was thinking I liked my kids and that they would take care of the dog, at least somewhat, and they had been begging for years, and I thought of them growing up and saying to people, "My childhood?  Oh it was great:  We ALMOST got a dog so many times!"  That is lame like "Mom, why don't we have any family photos?"  "Well, dear one, you see, I was fat, so I could not have photos taken."  And so I must have wanted my kids to be able to say "we had a dog, and it was awesome."

I am a cat person because I want my pets to hang out and leave me alone.  That is not what dogs do.  That said, my dog is cute and smart.  But good grief, I have to remind the kids daily that they wanted a dog.  "The dog needs to go out.  Where are the dog lovers?  Dog lovers!  Dog lovers!  Where are you?"  The dog loves me most of all, of course, because I am her mother dog.  Yep:  I am the tired old mommy dog.

I am doing well with AMAW-C.  There are the siren grapes growing on the vine just outside my back door, and I did eat 3.  (I sound like Eve in the Garden of Eden.  That grape vine snaking up the trellis like Satan himself, holding out the forbidden fruit.)

Today's menu:

B:  Chicken/apple sausage

L:  Salmon and tomato

D:  Chicken with curry sauce [condiment loophole], with greek yogurt/cucumber salad.

S:  Parmesan/chili cheese crisps, smoked gouda, and my beloved lovin' Crio Bru.  I think I drank 3 carafes of it yesterday.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

yvonnef1964
on 8/24/16 10:54 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi menu gang,

I slept in this morning so that's why I'm late to the party.

AMAW-C Is going good. I noticed I'm drinking more fluids. I got on the scale this morning, I'm down 3.7 lbs since Monday.  Almost back to my lowest weight.

QOTD I like both but prefer a dog. I'm only allowed cat where I live but the cost of an animal is preventing me to have.

B hamburger patty

L tuna salad

D chicken

S light and fit Greek yogurt,  Turkey sausage snack sticks, and horseradish cheddar cheese 

Everyone have a good day 

pammieanne
on 8/24/16 11:09 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Thanks for being responsible and not getting a pet if right now cost is an issue. Drives me bonkers when people that can't afford the care part of the animal jump in and get it anyway because so many of them end up at the pound.

They are not cheap, that's for sure!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

mschwab
on 8/24/16 10:57 am
RNY on 11/21/14

This is a super quick drive by.  I had a dental appointment this morning, and a meeting in 10 minutes so it is going to be one of those days.  AMAW-C going well.  I was down 4 pounds this morning to 137.  I do not pretend to believe that the loss is anything more than water, but there is nothing like an AMAW week to get rid of the bloat!

QOTD:  I am a cat person all the way, but I like dogs too.  I once dumped a guy that hated cats and was mean to my cat.  No one messes with my baby.  He clearly didn't understand where his place was in my personal hierarchy.  And what kind of person hates, and is mean to, a small innocent animal.  It boggles the mind.  That is some serial killer stuff in my book.

Time Since Surgery:  21 months

B:  Egg Beaters, mozzarella and bacon omelette

S:  Lobster

L:  Pulled Pork

S:  Flank Steak

D:  Pulled Pork

I haven't logged this yet, so I don't have totals yet.  Picture below of my "at work" food.  Have a great day everyone!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Theduffman27
on 8/24/16 6:29 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

Your flank steak and lobster look delish! Did you cook the flank steak, if yes, it looks perfect! Yum

cheapskate
on 8/24/16 11:40 am
RNY on 03/30/15

QOTD: not an animal person at all. We lived in the country growing up and had ALLLLL kinds of stuff. We had a pea**** a donkey, a llama, a horse, dogs and cats....EWWWW!

I am doing okay on AMAW. I really wasnt as prepared as I should have been but I am plugging along.

Yesterday I had 2 shakes, some bacon jerky(bought that on accident it was interestings) and a TJ Pesto chicken sausage. 

I recently changed my schedule at work and am trying to figure out what is going to work best. I start work at 5 pm and get off at 130 and I am just bringing a snack with me instead of a lunch. I get up at 730 every morning so, in theory, I should have enough time to eat a full days worth of food before I go to work. I am giving it a go this week to see what it does. I am defnintely increasing my fluid intake so that is nice, but my food may need to be adjusted because I am just not eating much. I am going to give it an adjustment period to see. Most people dont eat after dinner, and if I am taking snack I think I should be okay.

luvn2oxfrd
on 8/24/16 12:37 pm

Before I was imagining donuts that were peaches and now candy is being thrown about!  I went to a work luncheon (they served chicken cesar salad...I ate plain grilled chicken, so no real change in my stats for today!)  On the boardroom table were mini chocolate candies scattered about. I swear to God, I salivated!  Fates are cruel.  I diligently pushed them out of my reach.

To counter that junk, I am going to post some meaty goodness:

RNY May 2013

5'3" Highest Weight: 325lbs

Surgeon's Goal Weight: 140lbs * My Goal Weight: 170lbs * Current Weight: 279lbs

Motto: "You never fail until you stop trying." -Einstein

Roadrage
on 8/24/16 2:51 pm, edited 8/24/16 7:52 am
RNY on 03/23/16

QOTD! Are you a cat person or a dog person? I am most definitely a DOG person!  We currently are owned byMac - he's a lab/pointer rescue mutt who is 6 years old, but has the energy of a 6 month old.  He likes to go on runs with me now that I'm doing that more.. And after 3 miles he just ****s his head to the side like "Is that all you got lady".  I don't dislike cats.. I just think they're kind of anti social.  And my husband Is horriblely allergic to them so it's not an option!

Time since surgery: 5 months yesterday!

B: 1/2c cottage cheese mixed with 1/2 carton light & fit key lime yogurt.  Seriously DELISH!

L: 3oz cold shrimp & 1 premiere Protien shake

D: 3oz Pulled Pork, 2oz Black Beans, .2oz sour cream & .3oz shredded cheese mixed like a rice bowl (no rice). 

S: 1 Sugar Free Tropicals Popsicle 

D: 1 Atkins Protien Water

TOTALS: Cals: 747; Protein: 117 (SCORE!!) Carbs: 31 Fat: 22

This is Mac - my owner:

Erin - 5'8''

HW: 260; SW: 237

CW: 164; GW: 145 

RXY Surgery Date: 03.23.16

Kakesie
on 8/24/16 5:36 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Awww, Mac is adorable!  I love his markings!  I just want to cuddle him!  

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/24/16 6:26 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Hi everyone!, late as always but still here. Amaw-c is going good for me & I'm down 3 pounds, mostly water from the carb fest I had prior to the challenge.

QOTD, Definitely a cat person. I never had a dog, but I know they need a lot of attention & exercise. I've been tempted to get a dog, but knowing me I'd want to get 2 so they'd keep each other company while I'm at work. I already have 2 cats so that's a no go, but they're very affectionate. I can cuddle with them, but they'll be ok when I'm gone for hours at a time. I wouldn't want to do that to a dog.

Here are my cuties.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics