What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 9/7/16 5:45 am, edited 9/7/16 5:48 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Happy Hump Day!  So, I know you're all dying to know (not), but my son had a good first day at school yesterday despite the cir****tances.  LOL  He attends a small private school and he's been going to school with the same 20 kids since Kindergarten and they all came back, so he was pleased to see everyone again.  HOWEVER, this morning he missed the bus.  LMAO  The bus stopped at the driveway for a hot second and then drove away.  And here's the thing; I know that stupid bus driver saw Michael running across the lawn AND me frantically waving my arms on the front porch because he slowed down like twice and then just took off.  Asshole.  Michael was so disappointed and I was soooo mad.  Oh, well.  I'll get this 'off to school' thing right someday. 

QOTD!  Tell me what jewelry you're wearing right now.  LOL  I have on my wedding and engagement rings, a pair of plain gold hoop earrings and a little diamond pendant on fishing line.  I love my little dainty necklace because it looks like the diamond is just floating there.

Time since surgery:  2+ years.  Full disclosure:  my menu is a mess because I have to work tonight and I'm not really sure that what I have penciled in for dinner will actually happen.  It's also a little carb heavy (for me), but you can have my slice of homemade banana bread when you pry it from my cold dead hands.  LMAO

B:  Chobani PB&J Flip and banana bread. 

S:  nada

L:  deli turkey breast and string cheese rollups and some pork rinds

D:  (tentative) deli roast beef with brie and an over easy egg.  This sounds really good to me, but I won't be home until like 9:30 so the odds of me actually cooking anything are slim to none.  Give me some good ideas for a protein forward meal on the fly.  And go!

TOTALS, as listed:  Cals:  918  Protein:  88  Carbs:  56  Fat:  48

Have a great day all! 

Grim_Traveller
on 9/7/16 5:50 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Frakking bus drivers.

QOTD. I can't remember the last time I wore something that could be considered jewelry. Long, long time.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Daffodilgirl
on 9/7/16 5:52 am

Good morning menu gang! So my kids were safe from the threats made against the school yesterday. Praying it stays that way. The FBI task force says the threat came from outside of the US and was just an idol threat.  

QOTD- I have on my wedding band, anniversary band and diamond. On my right arm is my Fitbit and I have on silver loops. 

We are going hiking this weekend and I can't wait!!! 

Time since surgery 6 months.  (Six months check up Monday!!) 

B- 2 oz Sirloin

L- 2 oz Turkey breast 

D- Some type of meat. Church is tonight and it's always crazy here on Wednesday. 

S- 2 small pieces of Bacon 

I hope everyone has a fantabulous day!

Surgery date March 4, 2016

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for he is good!"

karenp8
on 9/7/16 6:08 am - Brighton, IL

Glad your kids were safe and I am still praying.

Daffodilgirl
on 9/7/16 6:42 am

Thank you!!

Emiepie
on 9/7/16 6:35 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Still so scary!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Daffodilgirl
on 9/7/16 6:41 am

It really is. Does those people have ties to people in the US? So many unanswered questions. 

Queen JB
on 9/7/16 2:21 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Schools in MA have been getting regular robocall bomb threats for the last year. Most are linked out of the US. No one knows why. Just a low level form of terrorism, is my guess. But as a school admin I'm on high alert all the time because of it. We have bomb threat call procedures printed next to all of our phones. 

Sorry you guys went through this... :(

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Daffodilgirl
on 9/7/16 8:14 pm

It's sad that you even have to have a paper by your phone for things like this. Our kids shouldn't even have to worry about going to school and having to practice an intruder drill. Just makes my heart hurt for my babies and their future. 

CathyV
on 9/7/16 5:54 am

I just have my wedding and engagement rings on. But my engagement ring is amazing. It belonged to my husbands grandmother who passed it down to her first grandsons fiancé. It's beautiful and vintage-y, and I think it is amazing that I was left this beautiful ring by my husband's Nona that I never met, and I think of her every time I make her amazing brisket for Christmas dinner...which is probably odd because she was Jewish. Anyway. I'll make up for that long story by keeping my menu short!

Day 9 post op- 2 shakes, probably a jello. 

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175