What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Deanna798
on 9/29/16 7:56 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Oh AV, you give the school hell!  And definitely call the police, regardless of what the school does.  This kid sounds like he's escalating in his behavior and may be at risk to hurt or abuse other kids.  At least get the kid on the radar.

Anyway, my day has been super hectic so far.  I've dropped my kiddo at my moms and had my first job interview of the day.  It was at Sam's Club and they offered me a position, which is actually pretty appealing.  They have the "click and pick" position open.  It's filling internet orders, which would allow me to work independently at my own pace and manage myself.  The downside is that the hours are Saturday and Sunday from 5am until 1pm and the occasional Monday.  It pays more than a cashier position.  I just don't know if I want to commit to both my weekend days being taken, every day forever.  

I told them I'd talk to my hubby, think about it and call them back.  

I feel so nervous!  Besides having my interviews today, I have to do laundry and get packed for my Weekend at the OH Conference.  I'm nervous and excited!  I have to run to the bank and get everything ready.  I'm so nervous I could puke! LOL

So far today I've had a coffee with cream and splenda and half of a sausage egg and cheese wrap from Tim Horton's.

Lunch will be turkey and cheese on half a flat out with tomato and mayo.  

Dinner is shrimp ****tail made with low sugar ketchup

Snack will be light and fit greek yogurt.

totals

calories 864 protein 76 carbs 50 fat 38

soooo nervous!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

NYMom222
on 9/29/16 8:07 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Yay! on a job offer. If you have to work the weekends, I think those hours are pretty sweet. While really early, I would much rather not have the whole day taken up with work on the weekends. I know your hubby travels a lot but assuming he is home on the weekends mostly, so no worries about the little guy being taken care of.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AngryViking
on 9/29/16 8:20 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Oh, I think I'd like those hours.  And also the part about managing myself!  LOL

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/16 7:43 pm

I would really consider thinking about working weekends. I feel guilty sometimes that I have to work both days of the weekend. It is a lot to think about. 

I like my job. I don't start to 10 or 11 on weekends but it does take away some family time. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/16 8:58 am

I wonder what this kid has been exposed to. Is he being abused? I think I would talk to the police. He is a child but what he is doing is not even on the side of a silly joke. 

No child should fear going to school. 

I am sorry your son is going through this. It is so sad to see a spirit of a child getting hurt by someone. I think you should throat punch his parents. 

catwoman7
on 9/29/16 9:49 am
RNY on 06/03/15

exposing himself at 11 years old?  Sounds like this kid has some mental problems!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 9/29/16 10:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

16 months out:

B:  Greek yogurt, fresh blueberries

S:   double protein shake, coffee with half & half

L:  1 C cottage cheese with caraway seeds and scallions

D:  probably leftover stir-fry (no rice) - (pork, zucchini, carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms)

probably another Greek yogurt or frozen protein pudding pop as a snack

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

ttfan
on 9/29/16 10:04 am
RNY on 08/15/16

Oh AV I would be beside myself angry over this!  I definitely would contact the cops,(it's an on going issue) only to get worse as they get older, second if the school doesn't do anything I would contact the local newspaper and see is they had a interest in a local story, the school would do something then because of the bad publicity!  I am so angry for you and your son! HUGS to the both of you

Breakfast 

93% Lean Hamburg Patty, 1.2 oz
Sausage Link, 2 oz

Lunch
Ham Salad, 3 oz
Dill Pickle Chips, 5 Pickle Chips

Dinner
Cooked - Scallops, 1 oz
Grilled Porterhouse Steak, 2 ounces
Shrimps, 2.25 oz

Snacks
Lite and Fit Greek Yogurt

Totals cal.648 carbs 18 protein 70

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

CJ On Orcas
on 9/29/16 10:12 am
RNY on 09/09/16

I also work at a school and was a school bus driver for quite a few years.  #1: the bus driver is obligated to do something.  As a bus driver, I would have suspended penis child from my bus indefinitely.  #2: I would do just what another poster wrote, pull out the bullying section pf your school policy, bring it to the principal or counselor and demand action to be taken.  They are legally obligated to take action, and you do not have to go head to head with a skanky mom.  I also had a child in school who was bullied - she had a really tough go of it in school.  She is in college now, but boy was it a hard time for many years.

rachelp
on 9/29/16 12:11 pm
VSG on 08/01/16

When my son was 4 he went to Montessori School . He told me about a boy that used to try to "grab him" in the bathroom and corner him in a stall. I went up to the school and told the head lady what was happening and that I wanted to arrange to speak to the parents. She said she couldn't allow that and assured me she would talk to the boys parents. I didn't believe a word she said because she wouldn't even look me in the eyes and kept waling away from me. It was very strange and I had a feeling this wasn't the first time! So, based on that, I told my son (I'm not saying this is your son's solution. 11 years is so much older) that if that boy tried to touch him again then punch him square in the nose. He told me that if he did then he would get in trouble. I told him yes son you would, and when the school calls me I will know exactly what happened. The next day I never got a phone call so I figured nothing happened. When he go home he told me the boy cornered him in a stall again and he punched him right in the nose and ran out of the bathroom. The boy never told on him and it never happened again thank God!! 

Your boy is older so fighting may not be the best solution (especially if that other kids is bigger). The sad thing is that if you son were to hit the other kid, he would probably be punished before that other boy. I think you should throat punch him!!! J/k 

I hope this gets sorted out. No child deserves that.