What's on your Saturday menu, RNYers?

yvonnef1964
on 1/21/17 7:27 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning, 

I had to quit the challenge when i went to my brother's due to food choices I had for supper.

QOTD I live in apartment so no garden. I think about container garden but haven't done it.

Drinking coffee with fairlife milk and truvia and water right now.

B egg whites with spinach,  orange pepper, ham and cheese omelet and string cheese 

L leftovers from Logans, steak, grilled mushroom skewer and sweet potato

D thin crust pizza

S Greek yogurt and turkey sausage snack sticks 

Have a great day 

pinyee
on 1/21/17 7:38 am - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

Hello Menu Friends... Glad you all did so well with AMAW hopefully next time I will participate.. Work has been so busy this week just getting up to get all my steps in, water drank and just food in my tummy has been hard this week.

Hope anyone marching today is safe my daughter and her friends from college are marching in DC and I so wish I could be there with them but I will be there in spirit.

QOTD:  I have a brown thumb!  We had a garden one year that the local wild life enjoyed very much!  Now we just participate in the local farm share.  We fill out a questionnaire an every Wednesday they drop off fresh vegetables to my husbands office now that is my idea of gardening!  Plus it helps a local farmer.

Now onto food for the day:

B 1 egg, rasberries and decaf decaf tea

S piece of cheese

L  2 oz chicken, 1tbs salsa, cheese

S Chibani Flip

D Don't know I think we are going out for dinner.

Have a great Saturday my friends!

catwoman7
on 1/21/17 7:47 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I can't grow anything, either (well, except for zucchini - but a two-year-old could grow zucchini!!), but I'd like to try an herb garden, too.  I''m constantly buying things like fresh basil and rosemary and then throwing half the bunch out because it goes bad before I can use it.  It can't be that hard to grow!!

I'm always trying to come up with innovative protein drinks because I'll probably be drinking them for the rest of my life (I malabsorb protein, so I need way more than most RNY patients).  I'm totally trying some snickerdoodle concoction this week! (someone mentioned snickerdoodle protein powder on here yesterday - but I found some recipes online for making a snickerdoodle protein shake using vanilla protein powder, which I have tons of...).  Anyway, today I made a mango lassi protein shake.  It's fine, but I had to add way more mango than I planned on so it tasted mango-y enough, and now this thing is loaded with way more calories (and sugar) than I wanted!  Eeek.  Next time, I will buy some mango extract or Torani SF mango syrup.  But whatever - I'll just have to really, really watch what I eat the rest of the day.  Grrrr.

19 months out

B:  Triple Zero vanilla yogurt, 10 raspberries, 1 T Kashi Crunch granola

S:  coffee with half & half, double protein/Miralax mango lassi shake

L:  I'm thinking tuna with balsamic - or maybe a couple of hard-boiled eggs

D:  homemade chicken fajita (meat & veggies only)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 1/21/17 7:56 am, edited 1/21/17 12:31 am
RNY on 06/03/15

P.S.  at least mangos are full of fiber.  Holy cats!  I could have skipped the Miralax for sure!

upon thinking more about this, I think I'll add another scoop of protein, a little more liquid, a few ice cubes - and then just divide it in half.  Drink the second half tomorrow.  I'd rather be have more wiggle room with my calories today than to blow it all on this protein drink, even if it's good!!

NYMom222
on 1/21/17 4:43 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

The SF peach syrup is really good if you can't find mango.... I have a problem keeping my protein numbers up even with 100+g protein a day... actually need to go for blood work, but haven't wanted to....I just got another slip...need to go.

Any suggestions on protein I'll take...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

catwoman7
on 1/21/17 5:02 pm, edited 1/21/17 9:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I ended up going to a couple of different stores and found some mango extract.  I poured some of that in since the "real" mango was diluted after I added more ice and cashew milk and divided it (my shake) up.  It did the trick - but I'm going to look for peach or mango Torani syrup since I think it'd be cheaper than the extract.  plus, it doubles as a sweetener....

Daisydoo02
on 1/21/17 8:00 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

good morning JB, yay for being home with your loverly and lots of food and water!  Enjoy your BIL visit and hope you get lots of relaxing in this weekend before you go back to work!

I slept in today and it was glorious!  I woke up at 9:30am!! I get up daily for work at 4:45-5am so this was heaven!  I have 3 coffees WITH MILK already in me and I am loving it so much I might just drink coffee all day screw food ha ha

QOTD: I LOVE Gardening!  I DO have a green thumb and our back yard it teeny tiny and with two big dogs having a veggie/fruit garden is a no go. But I do flower garden a lot in my front yard and I get a ton of compliments from neighbours on how well I grow my flowers and all the different combos I put together each year and I been know to suddenly decide I want a particular tree or shrub moved and get hubby to dig it up, move it and love the heck out of it so it grows in the new spot.  Seriously gardening is my Zen, some people do yoga, I garden.  And I am legit crazy about having a green weed free lawn. I can spend hours on my lawn, yes I am that crazy neighbour that goes to the next level to get and keep a green lawn.  This year is Canada's 150 year celebration and our flag is white & red so I will be planting red & white flowers to support.  Canada also created a special "Canada150" tulip to celebrate and I am getting some of those as well for my garden and as gifts to friends.  You can see them here:

Canada 150 Tulip

I did lose more weight when I stepped on the scale this morning as a result of AMAW I was 124.1 yesterday today I was 123.6.  But since I am back to adding in milk/eggs/cheese I suspect I will put a few pounds back on the next couple of weeks and I am totally okay with that, well that is what I tell myself now but its my mind that has to accept the number my body doesn't care!  lol

B: coffee WITH MILK x 4 with lactose free milk & splenda + 2 babybel light cheese

L: Brunch at our local Diner - bacon & cheese omelette + Diner coffee with MILK 

S: turkey deli slices with swiss cheese + honey mustard

D: Top Sirlon STEAK yummmmmm + A1 sauce

S: turkey deli slices with swiss cheese + honey mustard

Going out grocery shopping after brunch, then home to hike the dogs and think we are having a chill night tonight which I am okay because that means I am close to my Keurig machine and I can drink coffee all night long WITH MILK ha ha ha

Have a great Saturday menu crew! Be fabulous 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Queen JB
on 1/21/17 12:05 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Enjoy that coffee with milk! Yum! Love the tulip. Next time you are here can I borrow your green thumb? 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

CJ On Orcas
on 1/21/17 4:12 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

LOL all that milk and cheese Daisy!  Maybe we can have an ACAW some day

NYMom222
on 1/21/17 5:09 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Now we are talking! All Coffee All Week! Woop! Woop!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 487 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 372 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 314 views