What's on your Saturday menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 1/21/17 4:22 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello to my weekend menu friends! I'm hoooome! Couldn't be happier to be here. Traveling is fun when you have a partner in crime, but otherwise I think it is hard to be away from all the creature comforts. The hardest part for me was navigating food while I was away. The conference food was not WLS friendly and everything there seemed so gross and bad for you. I brought protein bars and mostly ate them instead of venturing out to find real meals. Honestly, I think a little part of me was scared that if I walked into a buffet that I would not make good choices, so I just didn't let myself try. Not that eating protein bars for 5 days was great either, but at least it was controlled. Ugh, I have issues, can you tell? Hahaha. I wish I could have participated inAMAW with you guys, I sounds like it was really successful! What was your final weigh in? 

So my weekend plans are all up in the air, now! We have an unexpected guest for the weekend! Grim's brother drove up from DC to surprise us :) We had planned on going to the Woman's March in Boston, but now that he is here we are going to stick around and do something with him, instead. Even though I am sad I won't be there to sport my awesome Pink ***** Hat and witty sign, I am also a little happy to have an excuse to stay home--I'm beat! Plus I really enjoy talking to him. He's a great guy. So yay for surprise guests!

QOTD: Do you garden? Until now I lived in a condo and it wasn't an option. Despite the horror that I think it might cause my Grim to grow "green ****" in his yard, I am considering making an herb garden! I spent lots of time on the plane looking at really cool designs on Pinterest and trying to decide how fancy and involved to make it. I must admit that I never cared for gardening and Lord knows I can't keep a houseplant alive to save my soul, but I think this might be a fun project!

B: coffee and bacon (you have to have bacon for guests, right!?)

S: Greek Yogurt

L: 1/2 leftover hamburger (no bun) from last night's dinner

D: No idea! My guess is that we'll take him out again, but I can't say for sure... If we stay in, I'd bet on rib-eye steaks on the grill? 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Brandi Girl
on 1/21/17 4:42 am
WLS on 10/18/11

Good Morning! I LOVE to garden. I find it very relaxing and it's a good excuse to get me out of the house and away from computer or tv. I do not have a green thumb at all but my husband does. Our garden is nice due to him, but I would enjoy gardening even if it didn't do so well. And NOTHING beats fresh out of the garden vegetables (well except meat. haha). Now that the 'meat week' challenge is over, I am going to try and concentrate on portion control. I'm pretty good at avoiding carbs but sugar can still be somewhat of an issue. But I know for sure portion control is my current challenge! I'm 2 weeks away from another 'family' party I am not looking forward to. And 2 months away from a vacation I can NOT wait for!!! Going to try my best to drop those last few pounds by the vacation at least. Fingers crossed.

B: coffee

L: cottage cheese with pineapples

D: husband will be cooking but I think maybe chicken stew

Insert Fitness
on 1/21/17 4:50 am

Morning weekend crew!

It is always good to be home isn't it! I'm not sure how I would have handled vegas excess, I think you did the best you could given how little info you had going in. My husband and I are heading to our local march this morning. I get wanting to chill after the week you had. Just do it while wearing your hat! 

Qotd: this is an ongoing discussion in our household. I love having a garden, but I'm terrible at maintaining it. We have a tiny one, plus some containers. And some Concord grape vines. We are redoing the back yard this year and Hubby wants to pull out some cedar hedges(which are swallowing our yard) and put in a bigger garden. I like his ambitiousness, but I'm more of a realist. Plus, this is the year we landscape the front yard too. yikes!im even worse at taking care of plants I can't eat... having said that, having herbs and salad greens right in the back yard is so handy. And a lot of them pair well with meat!

menu

B protein shake

L: somewhere downtown. After the march, were meeting friends of my husband's he hasn't seen in 10plus year, and I've never met. They are in town for the weekend.

D:tbd as I'm not sure where the rest of our day will take us....

not sure why I bothered posting this menu haha

have a great Saturday everyone!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/21/17 4:55 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It was great to hear how everyone did with the challenge! I want to try it next time. Chewing a lot of meat just wasn't feasible in my second week post-op after facelift.

I completely understand the need to eat "under control".  I am worried about our 3 day drive to Florida in 2 weeks - I need to plan what I can bring in a cooler and can eat without cooking.  There may be quite a few protein bars on my menu too!

QOTD: I've never really gardened much, as I never felt that I had the time (job, kids, etc).  I LOVE fresh herbs and tomatoes though so maybe in retirement I'll try a container garden with only those.

B: eggbeaters and cottage cheese

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Lamb of some fancy sort (DS, chef, cooking)

S: Cheese, protein waffles or pancakes (I've added these to up protein and calories while healing after PS)

Have a great day all!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

karenp8
on 1/21/17 4:57 am - Brighton, IL

QOTD I do garden and have nice raised beds in the kitchen yard,one of which is herbs which are easy as they come back each year. We also have established blackberries and raspberries that my son the botanist planted years ago. Last summer I didn't plant anything else because we were traveling a lot but we usually did green beans for me and tomatoes and peppers for hubby. And one zucchini plant for me. It is relaxing to me too and I definitely don't have a green thumb either with houseplants.  I've been known to kill a Cactus! Post op 4 years almostv5 months and weight atv117.6 today. Lily and I got up at 530 to walk as we have a cowboy shoot today and I needed to get it done before we leave at 8. Here's the eats B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 3 turkey sausage links 1/2 c no sugar applesauce D 31/2 oz baked fish 1/2 c green beans S mission one chocolate brownie protein bar.  Have a great day everyone and make some amazing choices that move you one step closer to your goal! 

catwoman7
on 1/21/17 9:00 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I've killed a few cacti in my day, too!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Queen JB
on 1/21/17 11:54 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Oh I forgot your son is a botanist! No excuses not to have a nice garden, then, huh? 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

CathyV
on 1/21/17 2:29 pm

We have a mess of blackberries here. I didn't plant them, I've barely seen them. They were here when we moved here in June. My kids picked a good deal of them though. We even made jam. :) Anyway, I need to prune them, I guess, or something...lol....

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

alston87
on 1/21/17 5:19 am
RNY on 02/27/17

Good morning!

I hate that you aren't getting to go march with your hat and witty sign.  I was planning on going to mar*****harlotte but forgot my hubby had taken the weekend off because he has to use up his vacation time before the end of the month.  He doesn't want to go (too much like exercising).  

QOTD:  I have many family members that garden.  I tried yesterday but I apparently kill all plants.  Last year's garden was alright but we had a drought so it wasn't worth the time or money.

Yesterday I let up a little to try to just maintain my weight loss and not continue losing approx 1.5 lbs a day.  I just have to make it until Tuesday and then I will feel totally comfortable continuing to loose until surgery.  I did weigh the same this morning as yesterday.

So yesterday looked like.... B: protein shake   L: chilli with sour cream and cheese and a brownie    S: P3 D:  Steak and shrimp with corn on the cob and one bite of mashed potatoes S: 1 cadbury egg (hey I think this is Grim's fault...I think he was the one that mentioned them yesterday lol)

However for me having a free day.....I think it was pretty good for me not to totally go overboard 

Then last night I got some additional exercise by going roller skating!  Some of my husband's friends invited us to go so we took my 3 year old daughter who had never been.  I got skates thinking she would need me to help her get on the floor.  I was scared to death of falling and breaking something.....don't remember having these worries 15 years ago when I last went lol!  I also don't remember it feeling like exercise but it definitely did!

Today we are heading out for breakfast.  So I will have eggs and livermush (sorry it is a local thing and delicious and NOT the same thing as liver pudding).  I will probably have some toast and jelly too to be honest.  

I will try to be better for lunch and dinner.  Lunch will probably just be a P3 snack since I am having a larger breakfast.  

Then I will have to list my ideas for cooking this week and go to the grocery store before dinner.  

We are hoping to go to they gym as a family today and do some walking and maybe swimming if I can talk the hubby into it!

Have a great Saturday.  

HW: 290ish    Consult Weight: 262   Height: 5' 7''

Initial Consult: 12/9/16  RNY:  2/27/17

lykapal
on 1/21/17 5:44 am
RNY on 05/16/16

I love roller skating so much! I can skate for hours and not feel like I got any exercise at all! We go pretty often and our grandsons love competing with me. They try to skate faster than me, but so far none of them have won! Hah!

49/F 4' 11" Highest Wt. 183.8--Surgery Wt. 173.0--Current Wt. 115.2--Goal Wt. 115.0

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views