What's on your Menu today (Tuesday) RNYers?

Deanna798
on 1/24/17 5:47 am, edited 1/23/17 9:52 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Good morning DD2 and the crew.  I had a decent night last night.  Hubby is out of town again, this time to Nashville.  Hoping he can get home tonight, but there are no promises.  It will really depend on other people.  If his repair goes quickly, and the other FSRs go too slowly, he may have to fly to Shreveport, LA to do a repair instead of coming home.  That will mean he'll be gone AT LEAST one night more.  This morning at my house was not fun.  I really feel bad for Bugsy when hubby is out of town. I got up at 5, but by the time I got down to him it was closer to 5:30, I tried to love him and play with him, but I had to get my lunch packed and Kal up and ready to go.  I woke my oldest, Joe, early to make him play with the puppy a bit before he had to leave for school.  I know that once Bugsy gets older it won't be as bad, but I feel really horrible.  He has to be alone in a 2'x4' pen from 7am until 3pm, and only gets a short time with us in the monring.  When my hubby is home, he gets more time, since Hubby doesn't start wor****il 8:30.    When I got home last night I just ran in and put his leash on him and took him out to run around in the yard for a bit.  I'm so glad that it hasn't been as cold this past week, it's given me the opportunity to get him out to play outside.  I'll definitely have to go to puppy play time at Petco again this Saturday.

DD2QOTD: Not really.  I have always been a great lover of food.  I will say that now after surgery I'm pretty lactose intolerant, so I don't drink any milk (unless it's lactose free) and I am not even tempted by Ice Cream anymore.  I'm even afraid of regular half and half, and will only drink it if I have the little cups.  I always tend to over pour if I have it in bulk.  The other day I was talking about how it was a curse to like all food.  I made the joke at work "I eat things, it's what I do", and that is so true.  Hell, I even ate intestines this weekend, and enjoyed them.  I really wish I was pickier.

17 months 20 days since surgery

B: egg cup and a packet of Oatfit. Coffee with sugar free coffeemate

L: 3oz of turkey with mayo and pickles on half a flat out wrap.  

D: 6oz shrimp with ****tail sauce

S: cottage cheese with fresh blueberries and strawberries.  Light and Fit greek yogurt.

totals:

calories 924 protein 103 carbs 71 (ack, that oatfit killed me this morning) fat 33

Have a great day everyone!

Edited to add the picture of my lunch bag today and to say Happy Birthday DD2's momma!:

I packed 2 egg cups, but shared one with a co-worker who loved them!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

CathyV
on 1/24/17 5:51 am

OH. I love the beach. My teen years were spent in Florida. I miss it. But we haven't even visited the beach since my 8 yo was a baby. Large family trips are expensive, and we usually spend ours visiting family or camping. Someday though...

QOTD- I have a bit of an egg aversion. They made me really sick when I started on solids. They don't anymore, but I still have that mental issue, lol. I do eat them, I'm hoping it will fade. 

Mostly home today. Tuesda y is therapy day for my 12yo, but my husband will take him, so I will be home getting school done and trying to take back the house...it's a process when things get behind around here. This evening I will take my girls to get groceries and go to cheer practice. 

B- last bit of beef stew kicking around the fridge

L- chicken sausage, a small salad

S- another sausage

D- chicken breast with roasted artichokes and peppers

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

Kakesie
on 1/24/17 5:57 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Daisy and Menu Family,

We're supposed to get snow here today in Nebraska.

A beach picture?  We live smack in the middle of the USA - exactly 1,733 miles from either coast - so going to the beach is not an option for us.  We did go to the beach in 2004 when we visited my brother in Virginia and went to a beach in Maryland, but I don't know where the pictures are.

QOTD:  I don't think my tastes changed after surgery.  I have always hated fish ever since I accidently ate some rancid fish once in high school and had a bad after taste that lasted all day.  Just remembering that rancid fish makes me gag.

B:  2 eggs, sunny side up, 3 strips bacon

L:  Lettuce, spinach, 2 h.b. eggs, bacon, cheese, low cal dressing

D:  Homemade chili

S:  Light n Fit Greek yogurt

S:  Roast beef roll-ups with cream cheese

Exercise:  Walking the dog, weather permitting.  Otherwise exercise bike.

Have a FANTASTIC day everyone!

~ Karen  

Emiepie
on 1/24/17 6:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning and please wish your beautiful mom a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you enjoy spending time celebrating her birthday with her this weekend.  I am doing well today, was kind of a grump with a headache last night so it's good to be up and have gotten in my run this morning. The rain has stopped for now so it's a bit colder today than it was last week but as usual not as bad as most of you all! I like the beach pic idea for photo Friday-love the beach!!

QOTD: Donuts, like from the shop kind! The smell makes me sick to my stomach. The smell of the other kinds like hostess or something don't bother me so I think it's the grease in the others. And, as you know I can eat your share of cottage cheese.  I ate it before surgery but not too often.  The thing I eat more often post-surgery is tuna-yuuummmy!

Time since surgery: 2 years, 5 months

B: SF latte, eggbeaters, ½ an orange and 2 turkey sausage links

L: Sweet and spicy tuna packet, a boiled egg and baby carrots

S: SF latte, Yoplait Greek vanilla yogurt, and jerky pack

D: 2 eggs and 2 slices bacon

E: Hour run this morning and 40 mins of elliptical at lunch

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1034 Protein:111 Carbs:78 Fat:30

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

mamata2
on 1/24/17 7:06 am

Good I wish donuts bothered me.  I love hot fresh greasy donuts...

Image result for mmm donuts meme

Emiepie
on 1/24/17 7:26 am
RNY on 08/11/14

ewwwww! 

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/24/17 6:24 am, edited 1/24/17 9:31 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Good morning!  Happy to *see all of you! Happy birthday to your beautiful mother, DD2!

QOTD: I truthfully cannot think of any food that grosses me out since surgery. I guess the thing that comes closest is fast food -- there was a time that I ate a lot of fast food (often secretly) and now I feel disgusted when I see people eating it. My husband got McDonald's while we were traveling last summer - and the smell in the car made me sick. I don't know if that isn't just me being a ***** though. I view most fast food as poison - so I try to keep my mouth shut about it because I don't want to be the "food nazi" jerk to other people.

Plan for today (edited as always for accuracy as the day goes!)

Time since surgery: 3 years, 1 month. I added this 'cuz I copy DaisyDoo2! - ;-)

Breakfast: 16 oz. coffee with liquid stevia, grape water (28/1/1)

Morning Snack: 2 homemade mini quiches, 16 oz. coffee, 4 drops stevia, grape water (81/2/6)

Lunch: pork loin - 3.4 oz, 16 oz. of coffee, & 4 drops of stevia, grape water (130/2/21)

Afternoon Snack: 1 cup Mexican Tortilla Broth, 1 T sour cream, 16 oz. coffee w/liquid stevia, grape water (74/4/1)

Dinner: 3.4 oz ground sirloin, 1 T homemade ranch, 16 oz. coffee w/liquid stevia, grape water (232/2/20)

Evening Snack: 3 oz. shrimp, 1 T. low-carb ****tail sauce, 16 oz. coffee, 4 drops liquid stevia, and water with grape (113/2/19)

Totals: 658-calories/13-carbs/68-protein

As a final thought -- here's diaper dog this morning.  She's doing a bit better this morning.  She's already barked at the cat, a squirrel who dared come near her deck, and a UPS man that was so frightened by her that he left her a box from Chewy filled with new treats!!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Emiepie
on 1/24/17 6:40 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I want to snuggle that cute face!

lizz122964
on 1/24/17 8:19 am

What a beauty, glad to hear your baby is having a better day. 

pammieanne
on 1/24/17 11:49 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

She should scare that UPS man more often! Hahaha!

She's beautiful, and I can just tell she's a gentle soul! Look at those eyes! 

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 481 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 405 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 165 views
Recent Topics