What's onyour Sunday menu, RNYers?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/19/17 4:59 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! It is good to be back home with DS and doggies, though son is moving tomorrow. He plans to stay here once or twice a week for the next few months because he will be renting a bare bones room for now until he gets an apartment with a friend.  It is going to be strange not seeing DH for 4 weeks, but because I'll be working and have the dogs for company it won't be too lonely.  DH is probably going to have a tough time though between company, but hopefully he'll do okay. This is likely the last time we will be apart this long. The last time was 13 years ago when I spend 3 months in Miami with my oldest daughter when she had cancer.  At that time, there were 2 younger children at home (and a dog), so DH wasn't really alone.

QOTD: Probably when watching a movie, as I am a sucker for tear-jerker movies.  Lion sounds like one I'll have to see (with lots of tissues).

I copied that recipe for crack chicken and am going to make it in my IP in the next day or 2 as well!

B: eggbeaters and cottage cheese, English muffin and peanut butter

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: ???

S: almonds, cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Brandi Girl
on 2/19/17 5:00 am
WLS on 10/18/11

Good Morning all. Yesterday was such a beautiful day here!! I hope today is the same. Both husband and I have to work but should get out in time to still take dogs for a walk with the sun still out! We have gone and seen a couple of movies lately that were real tear jerkers. For me it was "A Dog's Purpose" and "Collateral Beauty". Both very good but both had me crying a ton! As far a crying over my own life goes, it was probably over a very sad euthanasia we had recently at work. While they all are sad some just hit me harder than others for some reason. But I am always glad it is a HUMANE option we have for suffering animals! My opinion. 

Yesterdays menu looked like this: B: coffee L: cottage cheese, hunters sausage D: honey bbq chicken wrap (ate the whole thing and regretted it right away!!)

Kakesie
on 2/19/17 5:05 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning JB and Menu Family!

Today is my one year surgiversary!  Tomorrow I drive 3 hours to go see my surgeon.

QOTD:  I cried the night before last when I read the ending of a very good book, "Orphan Train" by Christina Baker Kline.  The last time I really broke down and cried emotionally was when my mom died a couple years ago.  She and I were very close and I miss her still.

B:  bacon & spinach egg frittata

L:  lettuce, chicken, cheese, nuts, low cal dressing

D:  chili cheese dog

S:  Light n Fit Greek yogurt

S:  Roast beef roll-ups with cream cheese

Exercise:  Walking Blossom around the subdivision

Have a FANTASTIC day everyone!

~ Karen  

FozzieBear
on 2/19/17 8:15 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Congratulations on making it through your first year so successfully!! Take the time to look back on all you have accomplished and be proud!!

RNY - Nov 21st 2016

HW 386 SW 309.8 CW 174.1

M1: 17 M2: 17.2 M3: 12.6 M4: 18.8 M5: 14.4 M6: 18.4 M7: 13.5 M8: 13.1 M9: 7.8

Christine

Kakesie
on 2/19/17 9:57 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thank you very much, FozzieBear!  

Emiepie
on 2/19/17 9:16 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Happy Surgiversary!! You have done awesome and I'm sure your surgeon will be ecstatic with your progress!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Kakesie
on 2/19/17 9:58 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thank you so much, Kelly!  

seattledeb
on 2/19/17 3:17 pm

Your mother would be very proud of you today.

Congrats on your success .

Kakesie
on 2/19/17 3:23 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Aww, thank you, Deb!  That meant a LOT to me!  It brought a tear to my eyes!  Bless you!  

seattledeb
on 2/19/17 3:33 pm

Today's question amused me. I can cry anytime. It's been that way since my mother died. It doesn't bother me at all. Usually it's just a moment of extreme happiness or sadness. They fall.

I really think losing your mom takes a lifetime to get through. 

Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 63 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 361 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 359 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 303 views