What's on your Menu Today (Tuesday) RNYers?

catwoman7
on 2/21/17 6:22 am
RNY on 06/03/15

QOTD:  I rarely have trouble sleeping, but I've  been horribly stressed the last few months (probably a chunk of it for the same reason you're having it - ailing parents).  Yoga usually helps me calm my mind - esp the slower, gentler forms.  I've only been going about once a week and REALLY need to step this up - like maybe three or four times a week.  I also used to get massages every three weeks for my bad hip joint (although they massaged the rest of me, too...), but I quit going after DH lost his job in May because our income took a nosedive.  I've been thinking about going to one of the massage schools to get one - they're about half the price - and maybe I could just go when I'm super stressed and really needing it as opposed to on a regular, fixed schedule.

Tuesday is the day I work from until 8:00 pm, so food is a little weird

20 months out

B:  homemade vanilla Greek yogurt, raspberries

S:  coffee with half & half, SF protein/fiber mocha latte

L:  I was planning on a cup of chili, but might stop at Starbucks on the way into work and pick up one of those egg bites (haven't had one yet, believe it or not!!)

late afternoon snack (before reference desk shift):  L&F Greek yogurt

D:  protein bar (I know - but it's all I can manage at the desk since I can't leave - I can eat a protein bar discreetly...)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

(deactivated member)
on 2/21/17 6:34 am
RNY on 10/26/16

Good morning.  Finally starting to pack for my big driving trip on Thursday.  Hopefully all the stuff I bought a few weeks ago will fit - some I bought a little small (fingers crossed or no Jeans to wear).  Funny - my food bag was the first to be packed.  Mostly because we went shopping this weekend and rather than put in the cabinets to get lost I tossed it in the bag.

Man when my day gets off, I get cranky.  The only way for me to break the cycle is to call a reset.  I just go find a quiet spot and listen to music.  If it is late enough, I just go to bed knowing that things will feel better in the morning.  In the old days, I grab an Irish Whiskey and sit outside.  Saturday I just sat with a bottle of water - seemed to get the same relaxing effect - but I did miss the whiskey.

Regarding sleep - 3mg melatonin for just when not sleepy at bedtime, but 6mg if I'm stressed.  Really helps me.

B - last of the steak omlette from Sunday

S - protein muffin (40 cals 6 gram protein)

L - smoked sausage, pulled pork (total 3.5oz) with 2 tbs bbq sauce

D - small salad with some roast beef (my plan for yesterday, as I had leftover steak from Ruth's Chris last night.  My wife didn't want it)

S - Syntrax lemon tea shake

rachelp
on 2/21/17 6:36 am
VSG on 08/01/16

So sorry you are having sleeping problems. You have so much on your mind. I don't really know what gets me out of a funk but binge watching on netflix or shopping makes me feel better. Not necessarily shopping for myself...but shopping for others too. I think once you get some sleep you will feel better. I haven't ever had issues sleeping so I can't offer any ideas. I hope you find a solution.

B - coffee with miralax and creamer.

L1 - salmon bake and turnip greens

L2 - grilled chicken breast

S - peanuts or pistachios

D - don't know yet, we have softball tonight.

S - Chobani flip 

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

Rebecca1492
on 2/21/17 6:56 am
RNY on 11/28/16

Not sleeping for long periods of time creates a multitude of health problems AND contributes to weight gain.  I struggled with severe sleep deprivation prior to surgery for about 2 years.  It was hell.  I am so sorry you are not sleeping.

QOTD:  I try to get by myself for a bit.  To read a book, or just take a walk.  Maybe even a drive somewhere.  Just to have some space to take a deep breath.

Food:

Breakfast - Mocha Madness protein shake with fairlife skim milk

Lunch - 1/2 C greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder, dark cocoa chocolate pieces (1/3 oz) and 1/2 oz raspberries

snack - coconut almonds and probably at some point a syntax nectar protein drink

Dinner - 1/2 serving homemade beef bourguinon

snack - SF popsicle

Exercise - 10 minutes yoga and 40 minutes on the elliptical (done)

FozzieBear
on 2/21/17 6:59 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning everyone!

I was planning on going to an interview today but it was rescheduled for tomorrow which has left me rearranging, so my plans are up in the air. It's been 3 months since surgery and I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I'm getting to the point where I feel confident enough in my new normal that I'm not too concerned about adjusting to being back to work. There's still some concern of course but I've been doing well and I'm sure I'll figure it out. 

QOTD I've struggled with sleep issues many times myself and yes it effects everything. There have been times when I felt like my body was pushing to become fully nocturnal and I was miserable trying to function throughout the day on less than and hour or two of "rest". I am admittedly a overthinking, over analyzing, occasionally obsessive worrier and shutting off my brain can seem like an impossible feat. I have no easy answer or quick fix to offer but I found some relief in either talking it out with someone close to me or taking off for a walk to talk to myself. The walking and self talk was the most effective for me. Grab my running shoes, throw my sunglasses on and off I go. I can be mad and rant (sometimes out loud) at who or whatever is the source, I can cry and work some of the emotions out, or just clear my brain and possibly see a new approach to the problem. You'd think our brains would be better team players but so often they prove to be our biggest obstacle. 

B- coffee w/sf hazelnut

L- leftover roast (turned out great)

D- zero inspiration here.... I'll have to work on this one

S- protein drink, lemon dill tuna

Have a great day!

Christine

RNY - Nov 21st 2016

HW 386 SW 309.8 CW 174.1

M1: 17 M2: 17.2 M3: 12.6 M4: 18.8 M5: 14.4 M6: 18.4 M7: 13.5 M8: 13.1 M9: 7.8

Christine

yvonnef1964
on 2/21/17 7:21 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi menu friends,

Daisy sorry you aren't sleeping well.

Its a gloomy and raining today so i didnt want to get up. 

I had a good weekend. I got a dresser and its a good one for a deal.

QOTD I usually sleep in if i can. I'll sit in front of my SADD light especially if its been gloomy out. Have my coffee and water.

B spinach,  red pepper,  ham and cheese omelet and string cheese 

L cottage cheese, tuna and baby carrots 

D steak and some kind of veggie

S Greek yogurt,  turkey sausage snack sticks and cutie orange 

Have a good day 

peachpie
on 2/21/17 8:25 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning pouch pals! I'm back a work and SOOO unmotivated. My kids are off today- I'd rather be home with them.

QOTD: When I'm feeling off it usually because I've let the "frumpies" enter. So either I've gotten lax with cleaning- so my environment is bringing me down, or I don't put energy into my appearance, or I'm not eating like I know I should. I need to find the cause of what ever brings that hazy cloud in my life. Right now for me its work. We are way too understaffed, and those here don't have the depth of experience I do- so feel overly taxed. I'm combating that by only working my 7.5 hour days and leaving work at work, and not letting it take over other areas of my life.

Weight today 196.1 (ugg! I know I didin't gain 4#'s overnight but still disheartening to see!); 21 month out

M1: 2 scrambled eggs, 4 turkery sausage, cheese

M2: protein shake

M3: greek yogurt, berries, cheerios

M4: 4oz roast beef & gravy w/ cheese

M5: broiled burgers

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

RNY_elizabeth
on 2/21/17 9:15 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Morning everyone!  In a rush today.  Making up for missing work yesterday and way behind.

QOTD: Something cathartic to break myself out of the cycle. Wild sex, all night dancing, a tattoo, etc.  Something totally not part of my normal. It helps me reset.

Menu: B: Greek yogurt with small apple and granola; L: American Goulash (Instant Pot) left over; D: Beanless Chili; S: Chobani Simply 100 Crunch (found a new flavor...will report back if it is good)

Accountability: ONLY ONE CIGARETTE TODAY! Didn't even bring any in the car for my hour long commute to work. Feeling good.  I have my vapor thing if I get to struggling.  The Chantix is doing good though...the cravings are very much head cravings not physical.  Geez this is so like being fresh post op and figuring out what head hunger is.  I'm doing it! Weighed 122.2 this morning.  All good there.  I think the Chantix is also helping with the night time binge craving stuff.  I didn't struggle with that all weekend.  Either the Chantix or I am finally getting adjusted to my new heart meds.  Either way..it has been better.

Have a great day everyone!

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Queen JB
on 2/21/17 11:12 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Not smoking in the car was the worst habit to break. I could handle the rest of it cold turkey, but car rides/commutes were brutal... :/

I know this is not super helpful/practical advice, but getting a new car really sealed the deal for me.

You got this! Keep checking in for a kick in the ass if you need one!!!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

pammieanne
on 2/21/17 12:24 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I'm so happy for you and the ONLY ONE CIGARETTE!!! 

Sounds like you are evening out on everything, and that's even better...

But I gotta know... any good dreams yet???  (and we do need an emoticon eating popcorn)

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 285 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 325 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 279 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 446 views