What's on your Menu Today (Tuesday) RNYers?

Sssmck
on 2/21/17 2:57 pm
RNY on 01/23/17

I recall a road trip to extended family in Oklahoma as a kid - I remember that distinct orange clay shade! I live in a town in Northern California where it is known for it's clay in the ground, too. It's more brown here though LOL 

As for the vitamins - the regular vitamin chewable I use is okay... it's the rest of the stuff I have to take. The omeprazole the surgeon wants me to take was supposed to be a capsule - I opened it up post op and it's a smaller pill and some granules. Weird! So I just take it whole, but it likes to get stuck. I also take an extended release SSRI so I can't break that one up - those two are the worst. And the waiting between taking them. Ugh! 

Amy Liz
on 2/21/17 2:22 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Love Andersons Split pea soup! I live a half an hour away from there.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Sssmck
on 2/21/17 2:58 pm
RNY on 01/23/17

Nice! I am from the South Bay Area so we drove past it all the time on the way to So Cal. Now we have settled in a suburb of Sacramento :D 

ljbarbara
on 2/21/17 2:44 pm

Feel better soon! 

pinyee
on 2/21/17 3:38 pm - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

Hello Menu Friends.... OMG what a day it has been I am so glad it over two of my co workers got into a screaming match at work today.  Made for an uncomfortable afternoon that is for sure!

QOTD:  I wish I had a good answer for that but when I am feeling off I generally just shut down and close myself off from everyone but I know I need to find a better to handle my feelings.  Someday but one issue at a time.

My menu for the day:

B: hard boiled egg white and 2 slices of bacon

L: 1/2 C chicken salad w/ lettuce and tomato

D: 3oz Roast Beef and slice of cheese w/ lettuce & tomato

Have a great evening everyone... 

seattledeb
on 2/21/17 4:39 pm

I bought a new little muffin pan last night. I need more egg bites in my life.

The QOTH a couple of weeks ago about whether you are a day or night person gave me thought. 

I was a night worker and my best schedule is a midnight to 10 am sleep. What I know is when I'm staying up until the sun comes it it's not good. I realized reading that question I needed to work on it again. I was having my annual exam and  I told her this is what I wanted to work on..staying on this schedule. Staying asleep without waking up every 4 hours. I'm on a sleep medicine now. I'm up earlier and earlier. The day is looong when you get up at 9 AM! I'm eating better and getting out and about more.

I'm sorry you are suffering with this when you have so much on your plate.

Oh and the no screens 2 hours before sleep is amazingly effective.

I'm eating ham,eggs,and ham today. And yogurt. I started eating that again. I realized while my family was away this week that I spend a lot of time dealing with their meals and laundry and..blah blah blah. I've enjoyed the break and I vow to be a bit more hedonistic when they get back. 

cc583
on 2/21/17 4:51 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Hi DD,

Sorry you can't sleep! That's the worst. I used to have a lot of trouble falling asleep until I started listening to relaxation music when I get in bed and it helps a lot.

The muffing look awesome! How do you get the muffins out without those suckers sticking? I have non stick pans and I sprayed them with Pam.

B: 2 eggs, turkey sausage, 1/2 slice American cheese

L: 3oz turkey breast

S: 1 1/2 oz turkey pastrami, 1/2 genoa salami

D: 4oz shrimp

S: 1/2 a plain chobani greek yogurt

Cals:610, Carbs:6, Protein: 87

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Doxie-mom
on 2/21/17 7:36 pm, edited 2/21/17 11:50 am
RNY on 03/13/17

Hello all - looks like I will again be the last one to post.  Slept all day because I work nights tonight, tomorrow and Thursday. 

I have been really lucky and have never had any trouble sleeping.  I don't even have trouble doing my shift changes.

Today's menu:

Breakfast - Light and Fit Greek Yogurt, Starkist Tuna creations

Lunch - Romaine lettuce salad with veggies, hidden valley ranch greek dressing, shrimp and ****tail sauce

Dinner - Shredded buffalo chicken, broccoli and cauliflower

Snack - 2 turkey sticks, celery stick with 2 laughing cow cheese wedges

Calories - 1105, Protein - 139,  Carbs - 78

Count Down - 6 days until start of pre-op diet  /  20 days until surgery

**edited to add totals.

Tammy

HW: (9/28/16) 369.8 / SW: (3/13/17) 285 / CW: 162.8

Pre-op loss (6 1/2 Months) - 84.8 pounds

M1 - 17.2, M2 - 17.2, M3 - 13.4, M4 - 15.4, M5 - 13.8, M6 - 13.6, M7 - 10.8, M8 - 9.6, M9 - 5.0, M10 - 2.4, M11 - 3.8

Recent Topics