Movie Popcorn replacement needed....love the movies!

Collette65
on 4/3/13 1:44 pm - Fairview, TX
VSG on 03/11/13

Movie equals, popcorn, butter, biggest soda and chocolate.  How can I go to a movie ever again?  I'm in the puréed stage, 3 weeks post op, and doc says no popcorn. :(

Collette

acbbrown
on 4/3/13 1:48 pm - Granada Hills, CA

I dont go to the movies too often because I LOVE popcorn and the smell is just too overwhelming. When I do go, I bring two big bottles of powerade or propel or something. Early out, I brought some nuts. Now they are too triggery for me and I can eat too many, so I get beef jerky or something. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

sleevegirl
on 4/3/13 2:13 pm - Austin, TX

You're really too early out for anything crunchy, but eventually... roasted well cauliflower with dry ranch sprinkled on it, cheese crisps, jerky, pumpkin seeds. I usually go to a dine and movie place and they have hummus and a few other options too.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

JL2013
on 4/3/13 2:25 pm

Great question, I love popcorn too.  Is popcorn of limits temporarily, or will it be too hard to digest forever post-sleeve?  Thanks!

Maggie71
on 4/3/13 9:51 pm - MI

Everyone is different  but, yes, you can eat popcorn later.  I eat Skinny Pop Pop Corn.  What you have to be careful of is grazing.  Popcorn doesn't take much room so it is a slippery slope back to eating mindlessly.  Be careful not to let that happen even with the Skinny pop

maggie

shajoh
on 4/3/13 2:36 pm - Cleburne, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

I try to eat before I go so I'm not hungry. Water also sounds like a good idea. Eat then bring water. Hopefully the 2 things will curb that hunger for popcorn. 

Sharla

themexcellentone
on 4/3/13 2:59 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with
Pork rinds, maybe? They're crunchy and kinda salty if that's what you're after.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Cuter_w_Curves
on 4/3/13 3:00 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Eat before going. Take water. Take cheese sticks/strings and pepperoni/turkey bites/jerky...

Make your own peanut free trail mix with raisins, cranberries, soya nuts and sunflower seeds... Or whatever you choose...

Trust me. You'll get over it. I'm not being glib... You'll get over it.

I loved movie popcorn, chocolate crap (junior mints much), and a pop... And then one day I woke up and corn tried to kill me (became anaphylactic to it) so I took out the popcorn... moved to diet pop... and limited the chocolate... then I shifted things again by last summer to doing it this way. At this point I don't miss it. Not at all... and the pepperoni smell takes the popcorn smell out of your nose.

You are suppose to be there to see the movie... Not mindlessly stuff your face until you are full to bursting while you try to follow along right?

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

sarapilar
on 4/4/13 1:20 am
VSG on 02/21/13
On April 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM Pacific Time, Cuter_w_Curves wrote:

Eat before going. Take water. Take cheese sticks/strings and pepperoni/turkey bites/jerky...

Make your own peanut free trail mix with raisins, cranberries, soya nuts and sunflower seeds... Or whatever you choose...

Trust me. You'll get over it. I'm not being glib... You'll get over it.

I loved movie popcorn, chocolate crap (junior mints much), and a pop... And then one day I woke up and corn tried to kill me (became anaphylactic to it) so I took out the popcorn... moved to diet pop... and limited the chocolate... then I shifted things again by last summer to doing it this way. At this point I don't miss it. Not at all... and the pepperoni smell takes the popcorn smell out of your nose.

You are suppose to be there to see the movie... Not mindlessly stuff your face until you are full to bursting while you try to follow along right?

LOL! I was always there for the bottomless M&Ms and popcorn!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

Cuter_w_Curves
on 4/5/13 1:05 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

lol Neither are my thing... well... ok... Dark Chocolate Peanut M&M's. Good news is I only know two places to get them and both are in Nevada... A long way from Canada.

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 201 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 283 views