One year surgiversary and I'm calling it: GOAL! with Pix

Kabooboo
on 6/28/13 11:33 am

One year ago tonight I was pretty miserable. I hard a hard time shaking the anesthesia and just wanted to sleep the first few days. But that's a distant memory! This year has been an incredible, exciting ride. I turned 50 a few weeks ago and feel like I am starting a brand new chapter of my life with more energy and confidence than ever before, plus way fewer physical limitations. My sleep apnea is gone and I can walk without pain and getting out of breath. I can run up the stairs to my bedroom, and cross my legs while sitting, which I do all the time. I could go on and on about the NSVs.....Too numerous to mention.

My highest weight ever was 292. I lost weight before my surgery, and weighed 251 the day of surgery. This week I am at 151- I have lost exactly 100 pounds since surgery, and 141 pounds since my highest weight.  I have decided I am done losing. The last couple of pounds came right off my boobs where I didn't need to lose! I am skin and bones in my ribs, and I know I will always have curves in my legs and hips. Even at a size 5 and 121 pounds eons ago I had big thighs. I am very happy with the way I look now.
I currently wear a size small shirt (sometimes a medium) and size 8/10 jeans. In the picture below I am playing dress up in a dress from Goodwill. I saw it for $3 and it was a size 8. I tried it on to see if it would fit. It did so I bought it ! I have nowhere to wear it to, but I am excited that it is in my closet!  I have loved shopping at Goodwill and other thrift stores. I have a huge wardrobe of stylish, designer, flattering clothes that cost me next to nothing. I get compliments every day on my clothes and how I look.
I have changed my eating habits and am content with my sleeved life. I am satisfied with small amounts of food. I still have lots to learn about myself and my body, and know the journey is far from over. I do tend to graze throughout the day. So far I haven't gained, but I know I have to be vigilant and have a maintenance plan. I stick to low carb because it works for me and I feel great doing it. I am addicted to Syntrax Matrix Mint Cookie shakes made with almond milk.

One area that I have not stepped up to the plate yet is exercise. It has been sporadic at best. But I am newly committing to it, and I have a girlfriend who is going to come over to my house to be an exercise buddy. This is the next step and I am looking forward to being more toned.

I have read this forum every single day, even if I didn't always post often. There are some very wise, insightful, mature, and helpful people here and I appreciate all of the time the vets and all others put into answering questions and giving support. I have learned so much and often been inspired just when I needed it.

Carpe Diem! Karen

Birdie55
on 6/28/13 11:37 am

You look wonderful.  Congratulations.  

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

Kabooboo
on 6/28/13 9:06 pm

Thanks!

gabriellaz
on 6/28/13 11:40 am - CA
VSG on 07/02/12
Happy one year surgiversary. You look amazing! Congrats

Kabooboo
on 6/28/13 9:07 pm

I feel amazing! Thanks!

frisco
on 6/28/13 11:41 am

Excellent !!!!

Congrats !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Kabooboo
on 6/28/13 9:09 pm

Thanks Frisco! I have learned a lot from your posts.

SuzieQ14
on 6/28/13 11:56 am

Great Job!!  You look amazing!!

Kabooboo
on 6/28/13 9:11 pm

Thanks! Good luck to you on your journey.

Sasny
on 6/28/13 11:56 am
VSG on 03/20/12

You look great!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views