All about me:

goleftoklahoma
on 2/6/14 12:43 am
VSG on 01/24/14

I spend a considerable amount of time on here daily, and so I wanted to give some insights about myself to those of you who do too.  I do live in Oklahoma my name is Jameson I am 30 years old.  I have been married for 7 years and a teacher for 8.  I am in graduate school for M. Ed.  I have two beautiful boys 6, 2.  I grew up in a very red state where diversity, skepticism, equality are looked down upon.  I am very liberal.  If your gay...good for you, why should anyone care.  If you need assistance to pay your bills and feed your family...good for you, get the help you need.  I grew up in a religous family but could never subscribe to it.  I am constantly annoyed by religion and all things done in the name of religion in Oklahoma.  If your a woman in Oklahoma you don't stand a chance.  I have all but alienated myself from my brother, sister, and parents who have 100% opposing views on everything I support.  I started gaining weight in college, and it kept going every year until I hit 350!  I never thought I would be able to do anything about it but with the WLS tool and information I've acquired from this site, I'm kicking its ass!  I appreciate all of you who I see on here daily, and this is one online community that I truly enjoy belonging to.  Thank you all.

The_True_KayD
on 2/6/14 12:58 am

Continue Kicking butt! I am 53 years old! As a female I have often been judged for my weight. I am halfway to my first goal and I feel terrific! I find that as my weight decreases that I am being treated differently. All of a sudden I am more intelligent! I had the same brain as I did before. I actually find it funny and just ignore it! I feel strong physically and even more mentally. I agree that those of us who have had WLS need a community. I love coming to this site to share my own story and read others. We all need support and acceptance. That is an important tool to be successful in this journey. We all need a safe place where we can catch our breath and feel some love! 

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

goleftoklahoma
on 2/6/14 3:13 am
VSG on 01/24/14

This is a great place, I've even thought about being friendly to the rny's and ds's lol jk they're on the same journey 

Chris A.
on 2/6/14 1:02 am - Colfax, CA
VSG on 11/20/12

You are correct. Bottom line, this has to be about you. Its unfortunate you may not have the support of your family, but I'm sure your wife and kids are behind you 100%! I'm 49. I grew up in the SF Bay Area and was fairly liberal in my views. I still tend to lean in that direction, though either my aging or my living in one of CA's most conservative counties for at least a decade has caused me to question some of my own views. Regardless, people, family, they agree and disagree on all sorts of issues. I would hope your family recognizes what you are doing not only benefits you, but your family (especially your wife and kids). Keep up your good work and stay focused on this journey.

Chris

mickeymantle
on 2/6/14 1:03 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

great for you on your weight loss and keeping yopur beliefs even under pressure from everyone

you should move here to Eugene Oregon this are is as Liberal as it gets , all the liberals moved here from san fransico and berkly to get away from the Yuppies

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

goleftoklahoma
on 2/6/14 2:10 am
VSG on 01/24/14

We've talked about Oregon a bunch.  If I ever moved it would be on a short list of places I'd consider!  

KevinBacon
on 2/6/14 1:13 am
VSG on 03/10/14

Good to know you!!! I am from Olympia Washington, one of the most liberal cities in the the country! I also love Jesus, not for the religious shove it down your throat aspect, but as a part of who I am. It takes a lot to annoy/offend me. It's funny, in some ways I am almost opposite of you. Female, grew up in super liberal area, family is basically not religious and then BAM here I am. I have had some hiccups since being saved. I wouldn't say it alienated me, but it certainly had a transition period. 

At the end of the day we're all here for the same thing and I will be cheering along with everyone else for your victories. I hope we can be forum friendly, even if we might fall on opposite sides of the labeling system. 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

goleftoklahoma
on 2/6/14 2:16 am
VSG on 01/24/14

Thanks for posting that.  I know we can be forum friendly!  This is a great place to help eachother accomplish the same basic thing.  lol like religion and politics there are many different opinions on how to lose weight too, of that I may try all of them.  :)

KevinBacon
on 2/6/14 2:28 am
VSG on 03/10/14

lol 

YES. 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

goleftoklahoma
on 2/6/14 3:14 am
VSG on 01/24/14

That is my favorite show of all time for eternity!  I too am very sarcastic and like to make people laugh!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views