My NUT told me VSG promises 100 lbs lost

VSG on 06/12/13

I call BS. I'm hovering just shy of 100 lbs and I'm still working my ASS off. If it was guaranteed, why aren't I there yet?

It might be a heavyweight vs lightweight thing, but I don't know how medical professionals can make blanket statements like that.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

KevinBacon
on 4/16/14 1:35 pm
VSG on 03/10/14

Yes she told me that at our last appt before my surgery. I did end up choosing vsg because I understood that no surgery is magic. I knew I needed to comply and IF I comply, barring no unforseen health issues I would be successful. I didn't want to deal with malabsorption down the road and wanted to keep my valve so vsg was my choice.

Everyday I feel stronger and as I learn to embrace my new normal I'm happier each passing day  with that choice :)

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

Nmmsg
on 4/16/14 9:43 pm
VSG on 07/09/13

I was considered a light weight at 212 lbs and was also 63 at the time of surgery.  I am now 139 lbs.  My Pcp's goal is 135. I would like to be 130>132. It has not been easy but it has been possible.  I could not lose weight before this for a long time.  I believe a life time of dieting played havoc with my ability to lose any weight. So yes, I consider myself a success.  We all have personal goals going into this.  It seems that most people here are successful.  There will always be some who are not - for many different reasons.  You need to change mentally as well as physically to do this.  All WLS can fail.  

Nancy

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 292 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views