What do you all do to help prevent extra skin?

PaulaToronto
on 3/3/15 6:57 am - Toronto, Canada

Your age, how much you have to lose, how many times you have lost and gained are all factors that will impact how your skin will end up .  Be aware, however, that once your skin is stretched (stretch marks for example) you skin is permanently damaged and nothing short of plastics will change that.   Creams, etc are nice but other than hydrating they will not FIX the problem of excess skin no matter what the cost or sales pitch.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

changingmylife4ever
on 3/3/15 8:59 am
On March 2, 2015 at 5:59 PM Pacific Time, KathyA999 wrote:

I didn't do a dang thing.  How much extra skin we end up with is a function of amount of weight lost, genetics, and age, mostly.  In my case, I had surgery at 60, and the cause was already lost, LOL.  That said, the things you're doing for your skin can't hurt; they'll certainly make for soft skin.  Will probably not not help with the "extra" skin issue, unfortunately.

I agree! I was 59 when I had my surgery and the skin will have to be removed. There is nothing I can do about it though. I mortgaged the farm to pay for my surgery because my insurance wouldn't. If I had PS it would only be on my arms and legs so I could wear shorts and sleeveless blouses. The rest I can cover up and do a really good job of that. Oh wait, I stay so cold now that shorts and sleeveless blouses would not keep me warm now, especially at work. I would like to wear a bathing suit and go to the beach, but that is not going to happen with my sagging leg skin and my bat wings. Oh well, I will just have to settle for looking skinny in my clothes that cover up the rest.

SW 291 GW 150 CW 145

White Dove
on 3/2/15 10:50 am - Warren, OH

Nerium was not around in 2007, but I used Arbonne products and they were very expensive.  People told me I was wasting my money and I just decided I was going to give it my best shot.  I was 59 having surgery.  I did have a tummy tuck, because my abdominal muscles were so loose, but the rest of my body turned out great.  My personal trainer said she would never believe I had had weight loss surgery, because of no loose skin.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Starlene02
on 3/2/15 11:03 am
VSG on 11/11/15

That was my logic as well! I just thought, if this doesn't work and I've wasted my money I'm going to feel stupid but if it does work then maybe, just maybe, I could save myself from a tummy tuck. I guess if it doesn't work I will at least know I did my best. Now I'll probably be looking into the costs on plastics. lol I just wish I could hurry up and get this surgery date set and get on the road to my weight loss. It's all I can seem to think about!

If you feel like quitting, think of why you started.

Tara W.
on 3/2/15 2:03 pm - Canada

Which arbonne products?

Sleeved by Dr.Menezes at Red Deer Hospital July 16th 2015

HW 315 SW 262 CW 203-month 1 -27lbs, month 2 -7lbs, month 3 -9lbs, month 4 -8lbs, month 5 -10lbs, Month 6 -0lbs (thanks Christmas), Month 7 -8lbs,

White Dove
on 3/2/15 4:28 pm - Warren, OH

Arbonne Intelligence products.  Some of the ones I used have been discontinued, I used their products to exfoliate and then moisten and rejuvenate.

The Thermal Fusion for hair and the self-adjusting shampoo with tea tree oil are still available.  My brother also used them to stop his hair loss.

I became an agent so I could get the products at wholesale.  I also found them on eBay for reduced prices.

Their products did work for me.  I believe the most important thing is get the dead cells off of your face and body and then use their products to moisten and strengthen the skin.  You do need the system.  The serum, nightly resurfacing pads and solution.

It is a lot of money and there is no guarantee that it will help, but it did help me.  I started using them from day one after surgery.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Grim_Traveller
on 3/2/15 11:29 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Bacon grease. I have almost no extra skin because of it, and a nice shiny coat. Don't try it if you have pets though.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

chevtow41
on 3/2/15 11:35 am
DS on 11/11/14

LOL, or a hungry spouse

Starlene02
on 3/2/15 11:39 am
VSG on 11/11/15

Who wouldn't love to smell like breakfast? My dogs would stay so confused.

If you feel like quitting, think of why you started.

Tara W.
on 3/2/15 2:04 pm - Canada

How is that applied? ;)

Sleeved by Dr.Menezes at Red Deer Hospital July 16th 2015

HW 315 SW 262 CW 203-month 1 -27lbs, month 2 -7lbs, month 3 -9lbs, month 4 -8lbs, month 5 -10lbs, Month 6 -0lbs (thanks Christmas), Month 7 -8lbs,