Coming up on 1 month post op

slahera28
on 5/18/16 4:16 pm
VSG on 04/27/16

So I'm officially 3 weeks post op. I am so nervous for next weekend because I am going to Orlando with my family and it'll be even more difficult than the family bbq I mentioned couple weeks ago. I'm mostly nervous because I'll be in the regular foods stage for the first time.

Any suggestions as to what I should eat/bring to the parks? Also, is it physically possible to lose another 10 pounds before then?

HW: 276 SW: 243.6 CW: 217 GW: 140

luvmypuggies
on 5/18/16 9:19 pm

I think losing 10 lbs in a week is probably too optimistic.  Regarding what to bring, I would honestly stick with whatever you're eating now that sits well with your body. I'd be reluctant to introduce new foods while on vacation in case it makes you feel bad.  If you can't resist trying regular food, do it in a "safe" place in case you need to get to a bathroom quickly or lie down for a while. As usual, drink lots of water and maybe have some protein shakes along for the trip.

Have a great time!! :)

cupofjavaVSG
on 5/19/16 8:46 pm

Your going to get so many steps in! Look on the bright side! Grilled chicken should be your friend! Also the parks have turkey legs that are huge and so good. Get one eat a few bites and give it to someone in your family! Have fun!!!