Stepping out in public

happyteacher
on 1/28/17 6:23 am

You know, I was thinking the same thing. Bill's posting style is new for me, but for sure he is witty and personable. I bet he would be good at stand up!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

happyteacher
on 1/28/17 6:22 am

Nice pic of you holding your rather large tool there Bill!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 1/28/17 6:26 am
VSG on 10/11/16

You're a naughty, naughty girl.  

Highfunctioningfatman
on 1/26/17 11:45 pm
VSG on 08/29/16
On January 26, 2017 at 6:25 PM Pacific Time, Hiraeth wrote:

Love your woodwork! At first, when I was wondering what you were doing at a club, I truly assumed you were a comedian who is popular in your town.

It's easy to sneer at people who make certain comments. Before my weight loss, I had six people (SIX) ask if I was pregnant. Who does that?! Like, do you have any tact? I said, "No, I'm just fat." The looks of embarrassment on their faces were priceless. The reason they thought that is because I hold about 80% of my weight in my abdominal region. I do not have a large butt or large legs. But still, why would you ask someone if they're pregnant? I wasn't even wearing maternity clothes.

I don't mind when people ask if I feel better. I just say, "Yes! I really do!" But I can see why a comment like that would be a bit rude. Like, "What? Are you insinuating that I looked miserable before?"

Congrats on your weight loss, LittleBill! Very proud of you!

When I was in my early 20's I asked a woman when she was due. She sternly told me 9 months ago! I made up my mind right there to never ask again unless I see the baby's head crowning. 

Hiraeth
on 1/27/17 6:33 am
VSG on 08/04/16

LOL! Oh my... That's hilarious and awkward.

My mom had twins (me and my sister), and a few days after giving birth, she got on an elevator with a man who asked, "When are you due?" She said, "I just had them...", and she walked away pissed, lmao. She admits that she shouldn't have gotten upset, because some of the weight lingers for a few weeks - months. But she said she was hormonal and tired.

The thing with me is, I haven't even had kids. I still get carded at rated R movies, so it makes me wonder why someone would even ask. I've even had people ask me what grade I'm in.

armygalbonnie
on 1/26/17 2:02 pm

Glad to see you on here Little Bill and to hear you talk about Mrs. Little Bill, too.  I'm slowly making the conversion from BP to this site.  I miss everyone who left BP, so it's good to see some familiar faces.  Congratulations on how well you are doing with your weight loss.  You are doing an amazing job!  You must feel better having that weight off (snarky humor).  Thank you for sharing your talent and beautiful masterpieces.  You got skills, Bill!

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/17 4:28 pm
VSG on 10/11/16
On January 26, 2017 at 10:02 PM Pacific Time, armygalbonnie wrote:

Glad to see you on here Little Bill and to hear you talk about Mrs. Little Bill, too.  I'm slowly making the conversion from BP to this site.  I miss everyone who left BP, so it's good to see some familiar faces.  Congratulations on how well you are doing with your weight loss.  You are doing an amazing job!  You must feel better having that weight off (snarky humor).  Thank you for sharing your talent and beautiful masterpieces.  You got skills, Bill!

Har har har. People here are teasing me on that, and over on FB they're teasing me because I made a comment about everyone saying "You got this". I fell like Rodney Dangerfield. I don't get no respect!  

Seriously, thank you on both counts. I do appreciate your kind words. I am glad to see you here. 

AD_Jordan
on 1/27/17 7:05 pm

Depending on the person, and the tone of their comment, I have sometimes replied to strange questions with:

"Wow! What an unusual question!" 

"Oh, sorry! Too personal! New topic, please!" 

or 

"Wow! That's so inappropriate!"

For example when a guy at work wanted to know if I'd had fertility treatments. Um, hello? That's kind of a strange response to finding out your co-worker is pregnant. And also none of his business. Especially in the middle of a baby shower.

My "work husband" overheard this, and said "Sir, you're the HR department's nightmare!"

I don't bust these out on everyone, and I try to be polite about it, but sometimes a very firm approach is warranted.

VSG on 11/15/16 . . . HW: +/- 265 . . . SW: 252 . . . CW: 187 (as of 5/22/17)

(deactivated member)
on 1/28/17 6:09 am
VSG on 10/11/16
On January 28, 2017 at 3:05 AM Pacific Time, AD_Jordan wrote:

Depending on the person, and the tone of their comment, I have sometimes replied to strange questions with:

"Wow! What an unusual question!" 

"Oh, sorry! Too personal! New topic, please!" 

or 

"Wow! That's so inappropriate!"

For example when a guy at work wanted to know if I'd had fertility treatments. Um, hello? That's kind of a strange response to finding out your co-worker is pregnant. And also none of his business. Especially in the middle of a baby shower.

My "work husband" overheard this, and said "Sir, you're the HR department's nightmare!"

I don't bust these out on everyone, and I try to be polite about it, but sometimes a very firm approach is warranted.

I will come back with, "Why do you want to know that?"  If the person is being particularly pushy, it gets ramped up to, "Why do you think that is any of your business?"  Most people don't get that far, although I have had total strangers ask me odd and inappropriate questions.  I do try to give people the benefit of the doubt as much as possible, and most people who know me know better than to "poke the bear", so to speak, so I don't have to trot these out very often.  

skinny_gigi
on 1/27/17 7:40 pm

Wow! These are stunning! the bottom one is really special!

RNY March 1, 2017 with Dr. Reed.

Most Active