What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Emiepie
on 5/17/16 3:35 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I know, I need a new pair soon and have to get them in the budget somehow. Do you know of any place that does the whole fitting thing? When I went I didn't realize it was so thorough and took like 2 hours. I thought I was doing things right buying Nike's.Also, getting the proper socks is a must. Who knew they shouldn't have cotton in them for running?!?!?! I surely didn't until I ended up with a nasty blister during my 1/2 in November.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

life_mirrors_art
on 5/17/16 6:31 am - Canada

Good morning! QOTD: Best birthday ever was my 40th. A friend threw me a big party at her house and all my artist and college friends and some family were there. It was an August potluck, so the festivities spilled out into the garden and there was amazing food and so much laughter and warmth. Most of those friends have since moved away, so it was the last time I saw them all together (didn't know that at the time.) Of course, I also moved away last year, and am still in the process of making new friends, so my current birthday celebration plan is to go to the theater as close to the day as possible, to mark it as a special occasion. A birthday cupcake is optional.

Food today is pretty repetitive. I cooked up some frozen beef burgers, but they are a bit dry and don't have much flavour, so I'll polish them off in one day and move on to something tastier tomorrow.

B, L, D: frozen beef burger patties with ketchup

S: yogurt, apple, maybe some cheese

Cal-around 900, protein-around 80

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

supershopper
on 5/17/16 6:50 am, edited 5/16/16 11:53 pm

QOTD: My early birthdays were always at Putt putt mini golf- and I loved it! I also had one at McDonalds and we played hot potato with a real hot potato- before parent got all riled up about kids handling super hot potatoes and ruining third degree burns for everyone. Those are the ones that stand out the most. About 5 years ago I was in London for work for my birthday. I went sightseeing, ate at a pub and drank cider and then went out with a friend from college who happened to be living there. It was fun. My birthday is this Sunday. I bought this protein ice cream in birthday cake flavor at kroger last night and will have a little bit. there are 5 sugar alcohols so only a little or I will be ill. I will be going to yoga to relax then to lunch and a movie with DH.

Yoga tonight- didn't do anything last night but got my steps in. It seems that everything is just so rush rush this month.

DH started back to school today for summer semester so I'm sure he will be slammed with work because it is such a short semester.

Couldn't find my protonix this morning- don't know where it disappeared to so I have to call the Dr for more.

2 of our dogs ate something that upset their bellies (I have them HB eggs) and crapped all over the house last night- it was a disaster. Luckily they are small and so are their poops.

I DID go grocery shopping last night- Kroger had whole chickens for .59 a pound, so like $2.70-3 a chicken, and then they were BOGO! Each was $1.50 or less! I bought 4 and threw them in the freezer and will be eating chicken quite a bit in the future.

Time since surgery: 5 months

B: carbmaster yogurt (I've missed you!), decaf and miralax (missed you even more)

S: 1/2 gnc bar

L: curry chicken leftovers

S:

D: not sure just yet

S:

Totals under 750

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

AngryViking
on 5/17/16 7:00 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Nice score on the whole chickens!

Emiepie
on 5/17/16 7:14 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Happy Early Birthday!!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

danie11e
on 5/17/16 6:50 am

Good Morning!

Eating dinner at 6 PM is early?!? We try to eat by 5:00 P, or else my children start getting hangry. We have pushed it back a little now that my husband is back to work for the summer, but it has to be before 5:45 P or my children lose it.

I've decided the worst part about working out in the AM is I am hungry and want to eat my breakfast by 7A. And then it throws off the rest of my eating schedule. I'm hoping I will adjust!

QOTD: I have had a couple really memorable birthdays. When I was in fifth grade my birthday fell on the last day of school, my parents rented a limo for me and my girlfriends to go to the mall and to dinner and a few other places. It was awesome! I also turned 21 in Las Vegas. It was crazy, but luckily I remember most of it :)

Time Since Surgery: 14 Months

B: Hardboiled Egg, Cheese Stick
L: Turkey Taco Salad
S: Monster Muscle
D: Ribs (w/ Homemade Sauce), Cottage Cheese
S: Snack Pack Medely
E: Workout done this AM

Cal: 1060 Protein: 79 Carb: 58 Fat: 58

Hope everyone has a great day!

RNY 03/02/2015

I'm worth it!

Deanna798
on 5/17/16 7:17 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Maybe split your breakfast and half half a protein shake early and then the regular breakfast at the normal time.  I did that yesterday after my workout and while it added an extra 80 calories, I was able to work with it and adjust the rest of my day to fit it in.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Emiepie
on 5/17/16 6:52 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Great job yesterday by staying on plan. I did okay for the most part except after I had my protein shake dinner (which I added a TB of PB2 and ice and blended it up-YUUUMMYY!) I ended up eating some trail mix. I was up later than I normally am because my daughter had her friend over(gasp on a school night -but it's so close to the end of the year and these two will be at different schools next year so I allowed it) and she couldn't be picked up until 8:30 (I know that's early to most but I am up at 3:15 on gym mornings so there!) and I got hungry before bed. Your hubby should consider himself lucky!

QOTD: I can't really think of one at the moment. It's at the beginning of January so most people are still coming off the Christmas "high" and we were always on vacation from school but my hubby always finds something nice for us to do and he knows without a doubt that my gifts must not be combined since I dealt with that growing up-you know here is the bike for Christmas and you can get the helmet for your birthday type of thing....

Time since surgery: 21 months

B: SF latte, egg beaters with shredded cheese, slice of bacon

L: Philly cheese chicken sausage, carrots and a string cheese

S: SF latte, Strawberry cheesecake greek yogurt, pork rinds and beef jerky

D: Eggbeaters, shredded cheese, slice of bacon on SF pudding with toasted coconut

E: 6 miles this morning and elliptical at lunch

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1056 Protein:109 Carbs:73 Fat:33

Have a great one!

FindingCharlie
on 5/17/16 6:59 am - Saint Regis Falls, NY
RNY on 05/03/16

Good morning everyone! 

Great job on sticking to plan, AV! Your an inspiration!

QOTD: My most memorable birthday was my 40th.  I had just found out a couple months prior that my then husband had been having a ten year affair (yes, I was pretty nieve and gullible, but not anymore!) which was basically our entire marriage. I proceeded to throw his crap literally to the curb and kicked him out. Couple months later on my 40th birthday, my soon to be ex-sister-in-law whom I worked for (she owned a diner where I was a short order cook) got together with my three young teenagers and bought me my first birthday cake I had had as an adult and a bouquet of flowers. My kids Presented them to me when I got home from work. It truly made my day! My ex-sister-in-law was never a fan of her brother, lol.

2 weeks since surgery yesterday! I am now on puréed foods thank heaven!

B: 1 1/2 ounce of scrambled egg with 1 oz shredded low fat cheese...went very well.

L: having other half of my breakfast warmed up.

D: FF refried beans w/ LF shredded cheese melted 

BW: 259 SW: 241 CW: 155.4GW: 125

Nothing Tastes as Good as Healthy Feels!

crafty_gal
on 5/17/16 7:02 am
RNY on 04/26/16

My birthday is close to Thanksgiving, that and being the second of 4 kids meant my birthday always seemed to be an afterthought. I've never had a birthday party, but when I was 18, off on my own for the first time and estranged from my mother, I remember I was so depressed. I was working as a waitress and it was closing time and I was feeling very sorry for myself, because NO ONE had even said "Happy Birthday" to me all day. As I finished up my sidework, the boss, very angrily, yelled at me to get my butt in the back room. We NEVER used the back room, so I was confused but rushed in

My older sister had bought me an ice cream cake and she and all my co workers started singing to me as I walked. I cried (and I am NOT a cryer). I'll never forget how special and wonderful that felt.

Okay, so today....

(3 weeks from surgery today)

B- Cream of Wheat with a 1/2 scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder

L- 1/2 c of Mashed Potato Puffs with 1/4 c of cottage cheese

D- Pizza Waffles and homemade sugar free pizza sauce

Dessert - Sugar Free Popsicles

If I have a snack, it will probably be unsweet Applesauce

No idea of the totals - I let myfitnesspal do all the math for me! :)

HW: 333 Consult Weight: 318 SW: 293

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford