What's on your Saturday menu, RNYers?

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/31/16 5:26 am

Most beef jerky has a lot of sugar. Watch for that. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Ereiam
on 7/31/16 6:17 am
RNY on 05/16/16

What would you recommend eating on a long road trip? I can always find a good choice at a restaurant, but what about the long driving times where I need a snack?

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/31/16 6:24 pm

We need meals. Snacks- bring some protein shake, low sugar or no sugar jerky. (they make that) There are meat sticks, or even individually wrapped meat sticks. (i.e patron, or WF had a brand) 

There a lot of pepperoni or salami that are vacuum packed and don't need refrigeration. But bringing a small cooler is always an option.  I bring nuts (premeasured) , but butters, celery sticks, carrots.. 

The options are really unlimited. I.e. I bake coconut /almond "cookies" sometimes even with some protein powder... Then I dehydrate them (in warm oven if you don't have dehydrator) ... 

I also can always get grilled chicken or a burger..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Emiepie
on 7/30/16 10:56 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hang in there D!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sunqueen15
on 7/30/16 5:38 am
RNY on 03/21/16

Good morning! We play tons of board and card games as a family (including my grandparents down to my 6 yr old). My favorite games are yahtzee and clue. When I was younger I had a shopping mall game and it was amazing!! It would still be my favorite today if I owned it, I love shopping! Lol I don't have a specific menu but I will be eating these items throughout the day : 

Turkey Jerky, Flavored Tuna Pouch, Premiere shake (1 in the am and 1 mid day), and dinner is out at a brewery that we think looks fantastic enough to make our wedding venue. So kid's are doing a sleepover at Grammy's and we are scouting for our wedding. 

AngryViking
on 7/30/16 5:38 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Hey guys!  I am currently sitting on my bed enjoying coffee with the hubs and relaxing.  Ahhh...this is nice.  ?. We are going to look at a house in a couple of hours because we're thinking of moving out of this **** box into a bigger **** box.  LOL. 

Time since surgery:  2+ years

B:  coffee, 2 eggs and a slice of 40 cal multi grain toast

L:  Smithfield ham/ American cheese rollup

D:  hot dog, no bun, and baked beans

TOTALS:  no clue

QOTD:  My favorite is probably Ticket to Ride, but I also like Scrabble, Battleship and Yahtzee.

Queen JB
on 7/30/16 9:06 am
RNY on 07/20/15

First, HI on a weekend!! 

Second, I LOVE house hunting. I have a few apps on my phone (and I spend more hours than I care to admit) and I like to look at properties that I won't ever buy. It's a combo between my voyeurism and my love for design that get me excited ;) Have so much fun! 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 7/30/16 10:58 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hey! Glad to see ya on the weekend! Good luck on the search for a new house.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Kakesie
on 7/30/16 5:54 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Happy Saturday everyone!

QOTD:  I LOVE Scrabble!  I also like Chess, Chinese checkers, Monopoly, Stocks & Bonds (an old game), Pictionary, and just about any board game.

Yesterday I ate:  A Clif protein bar, squash & tomatoes, Moon cheese, meatloaf, Oikos yogurt, egg salad and a power protein bar.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

~ Karen  

NYMom222
on 7/30/16 6:30 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Hey gang I'm still here. Have to say this has been the most challenging. I have tried to post for days but the fuzzy brain keeps getting in the way. 

Have been having a lot of nausea so he bumped me up to something stronger than zofran. Eating anything solid seems to disagree with me ... So eating has been hit and miss. Finally dropped 3lbs of IV fluid this AM. Got yelled at by doc that I am not eating enough but it is hard. 

B: egg

l: chicken soup

s:yogurt with added protein powder 

d:???

S:protein drink

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save