What's on your Menu today (Tuesday) RNYers? DAY 2 of AMAW/CAMAW

chassibi
on 1/17/17 5:08 am

Good morning friends! 4 day work week for me and I have appointment this afternoon so this will be a short day. (Trying to burn up a little sick time before I leave civil service haha).

QOTD: This is so difficult. My mother is super morbidly obese and I think surgery would benefit her SO much. She's 55, so not too old to have it, but has diabetes now, COPD and joint issues. She has recently tried to stop drinking soft drinks, push water and cut sugar drastically from her diet. Yesterday I got her to do yoga with me (just really some gentle stretches, etc) and I think she enjoyed it. Having said all of that, I don't know that without surgery she can be successful. She just got a diabetes diagnosis and yet I have still seen her eating sweets. (Although she is trying to cut them I know). So while I can give her advice and try to help her along I don't have a lot of confidence that she will be able to make lasting changes, and THAT makes me so sad.

Today's weight- 164.4

B- irish tea w/fairlife milk, 3 egg bites with ham & cream cheese

L- can of chunk light tuna with melted american

D- shredded chicken with melted cheese

S- boiled egg

S- 2 oz deli ham

Totals- Cals- 702; protein-93; carbs-7; fat-36

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Daffodilgirl
on 1/17/17 5:11 am

My mom and dad are both super MO and I try to tell them the benefits of surgery.  Even if they dont have the RNY I really think the sleeve would benefit them.  Its like they listen to me but go right back to eating what they want all the time.  I leave their house so sad everytime.  

Surgery date March 4, 2016

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for he is good!"

Deanna798
on 1/17/17 5:54 am
RNY on 08/04/15

My weight this morning was also 164.4!  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

chassibi
on 1/17/17 6:15 am

Yay!

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Deanna798
on 1/17/17 6:19 am
RNY on 08/04/15

That is up 10lbs from Thanksgiving still, but I'm feeling like this CAMAW is helping get my head right.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Daisydoo02
on 1/17/17 5:55 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

count down to new job, T minus 7 days (is that right you start on the 30th?)  

Your menu looks soooooo yummy!  I am doing AMAW and I was drooling over your egg bites/cheese/eggs, I actually miss them!! Good job girl!

Thank you for sharing about your Mom, I am so sorry to hear she struggles as well.  Your last sentence really really resonates with me: "So while I can give her advice and try to help her along I don't have a lot of confidence that she will be able to make lasting changes, and THAT makes me so sad."  - I feel the exact same way about my Dad, I can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink, also makes me terribly sad. 

Keep up the great work, that is an awesome looking menu and totals!!!!

Daffodilgirl
on 1/17/17 5:08 am

Good morning menu crew!! AMAW was amazing yeterday but I really dont eat much different than that any other time.  Daisy I hate to hear you are still feeling blah.  

QOTD- ALot of my friends do really well on the low carb life style.  I did really good with it until at night I would eat a whole bag of bbq chips and a two liter Pepsi.  

Time since surgery 10 months 158 this morning.  Still swollen with elephant legs and swollen face but I can move around so thank God for that.

B- 2 oz Ribeye with a splash of Worchestire

L- 2 oz Ribeye with a double splash of Worchestire

D- 2 oz Pork rib with alot of pepper and a tad bit of salt

S- 2 oz Hamburger patty

I hope everyone has a great day!!  

Surgery date March 4, 2016

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for he is good!"

Daisydoo02
on 1/17/17 6:04 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I hope your family stays healthy and well DG, the cold/flu is going around is brutal, thanks for the well wishes!  So glad AMAW went so well for you, I knew it would.

that's the thing with low carb diets, they do work but how does one "stay" on it and be successful? I guess you have to want it right.

Sorry to hear the swelling is still there, I hope this resolves itself soon!!

Great looking menu!  I love that you use Worcestershire as your condiment, sounds yummy!

Keep up the great work you are killing AMAW girl!

Queen JB
on 1/17/17 5:13 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Whew careful out there on the ice! I have a layover in Minneapolis, and I hope they aren't icy there, too. I know they had some snow yesterday so I'm hoping it is all cleared out. Hoping you feel better, soon, too! I still have the sniffles but I certainly got lots of rest over the last few days, so I should be good to get on a plane.

Today is my trip!!! I'm excited and a little nervous, too. I am not really a nervous flyer but I don't like navigating airports by myself... 

Okay, so this is kind of weird. Usually when I go to a conference I feel like I am overloaded with details and information. But this conference has sent me nothing except for a receipt. I have no idea where to go or anything about food. Are they serving coffee? Lunch? I went through a million emails and I don't think they sent me anything! None of those details are on the website, either. Hmm. And since The hotel's dinner option is a buffet (and I have no idea if there are WLS friendly options), I packed 9 various protein bars, 4 granola bars and 5 Chomps Meat Sticks for the next three days, just in case that's my best bet. Oy. I hate walking in blind to stuff like this. At least tell me whether they'll be coffee!!!! 

So sorry to hear about your dad. My BFF is struggling with her weight recently (after always being the thin one) and it is affecting her health, too. She is on the high end of overweight but not yet MO, so she wouldn't qualify for WLS, but she is heading in that direction. She attempts to mimic my eating habits and talks about "needing protein" a lot, but she really doesn't get it. She eats more carbs in one sitting than I do in a week combined. But she doesn't really want my advice so I stay out of it as much as I can manage to keep my mouth shut (which means that every once and awhile I can't help myself and I tell her everything she is doing wrong). It's so hard to watch loved ones struggle with something that we've finally conquered, isn't it?

Keep kicking ass on AMAW, my friends! Grim was awesome yesterday--he didn't even come inside Trader Joes with me, to avoid temptation. Rock Star Meat Eater.

Hopefully I will have some fun pics of the Vegas Strip to post tomorrow :) 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Theduffman27
on 1/17/17 5:49 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Safe travels JB!