What's on your Menu today (Tuesday) RNYers? DAY 2 of AMAW/CAMAW

One Bad Beach
on 1/17/17 11:37 am
RNY on 11/28/16

I agree with you.  I know my motivation is not negativity, but love for my husband and children.  It's the best motivator in the world.  I wish your DH could find that type of motivation.  I don't really like negativity in my life, and I'm a pretty peaceful person.  I do not look back on negative things with loathing.  They are learning experiences. 

Well said.

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244

Daisydoo02
on 1/17/17 8:39 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I wish you could wrap me in a blanket with one of your awesome teas as well!!  Fedex? LOL

Down 4.5 - you go girl, impressive!!

Thanks for the story on your FIL, its so complicated as you note.  And so insightful on the motivation to be love and how we as humans often motivate with negativity, that is my Dad to a T!!  You have given me a lot of food for thought (no pun intended) and I might have to go to Amazon and look for some books on that.  Thank you for sharing that, means a lot to me!

Great job on the menu, kicking butt and I need some of your home-made Parmesan cheese crisps!!

Keep up the great work, looking forward to your menu on Day 3!

Dcgirl
on 1/17/17 9:26 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Daisy and all,

I love seeing everyone throw themselves into CAMAW/AMAW so heartily!  I was seriously pretty CAMAW for an entire year after surgery, but now in maintenance I am more lenient with carbs.  I couldn't do it this week although I would have liked to since we have my boyfriends' 3 kids yesterday and today, and it's his birthday on Thursday which means a special dinner out as a family on Friday and his favorite dessert as a treat.  He has never struggled with being even a pound overweight (who are these people???).  I am so sorry to read about your dad, Daisy, that is so stressful.  Imagining losing him or having your mom be alone must weigh heavily on you.  My stepdad is that sort of thin man with a belly who doesn't eat healthy and doesn't MOVE.  He sits.  My mom on the other hand is super active and healthy.  I don't ever want to think of a day where one is without the other.  I wish I could offer some diet advice but I needed RNY at 351 lbs, so I am the wrong person to advise on that...

Time since surgery: 3 years, 1 month yesterday!

B: Leftover turkey taco meat, shredded cheese, sour cream and salsa

L: Salmon burger on a bun (I love the TJ's chili lime chicken burgers, btw, so you will too, since we have the same taste buds!)

D: Ground turkey meat sauce over pasta, side salad

E: None.  I have a hacking cough/cold and woke up with a giant headache.  I took enough pills (Sudafed and Tylenol cold and sinus) to kill a horse, just so I could face the day (work at home + kids) that I am now profusely sweating lol.  

Have a great day, feel good, eat your meat, keep on keeping on!  

Daisydoo02
on 1/17/17 8:43 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hello beautiful!! Hope you are having a blast this week with the kids!  And how exciting to be celebrating BFs bday!!

I appreciate you sending your love and thoughts and totally get what you mean on "wrong person to advice on that" I feel the same way!!!

Great menu, YES we love the same foods/flavours!!! 

I hope you feel better, the cold & Flu are going around so bad, be well my friend, miss you!

siberiancat
on 1/17/17 9:57 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

I am doing CAMAW - I started on Sunday (because I thought that's when we started?)  Oops.

Monday - got a call from mom's doctor saying that she was at their office and I needed to take her to ER - Pronto!  No time for food prep.  So I spend most of the day in the hospital.  It didn't help my food plan.  I ate 1/2 Pure protein bar for lunch and the other half in the afternoon (I always keep one in my purse).  Then on way home, I was hungry and ate 1/2 package of Kay's Protein cereal (dry).  

I had a friend coming for our Christmas together(in less than 30 minutes after I got home) - so made a plate of local beefstick and cheeses and called that my supper.  It was really a messed up day.

Today:

Breakfast was Blue Bonnet hot protein drink with SF Peppermint patty syrup.

Lunch: left over chicken parmesean (with 1/3 container Fage 0% unflavored Greek yogurt (used like sour cream for some moisture to warmed up chicken)

Supper:  Pork meatballs (with some salsa) and maybe a boiled egg.

Snack:  Ham or turkey slices with some cheese

Ice tea, water and hot tea with organic half and half.

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Daffodilgirl
on 1/17/17 12:08 pm

What type of SF Peppermint patty syrup do you use? Weird question but does it taste real or artificial?

Surgery date March 4, 2016

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for he is good!"

pammieanne
on 1/17/17 12:18 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

I hope your mom is doing better! At least you weren't eating things like french fries and donuts! You did great, actually :)

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Daisydoo02
on 1/17/17 8:45 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

its okay you started a day early, just means you got a head start on the rest of us LOL

I hope your Mom is okay, let us know!

Great menu, look forward to what you will have on your menu tomorrow!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 1/17/17 10:07 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Late to the party again today... I'm back at work and trying not to share germs, but I think I'm going to bug out early to have some soup and take a nap. Thanks for the get-well wishes yesterday! At least being asleep all day means I'm too exhausted to snack, right?

B: String cheese x 2

L: Chicken broth

D: Roast chicken

S: Turkey jerky

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Grim_Traveller
on 1/17/17 4:46 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm stealing this gif.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active