What's on your Menu today (Monday) RNYers?

mamata2
on 1/23/17 10:43 am

I go but most of my meal comes home for my hubbie.  On Thursday we will be going to Heritage Tavern on a double date.  Essentially he ends up with two meals!

catwoman7
on 1/23/17 10:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

my husband ends up with two meals (or at least 1.5 meals) a lot!!  I haven't been to Heritage Tavern, believe it or not.  We used to go out to eat *all the time*, but we've cut WAY back since my surgery.  I do need to check that one out, though....

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

mamata2
on 1/23/17 10:56 am

It's been on our list for a while.  We try not to eat out a lot.  Only special occasions.  Last time we went out was to Pig in a Fur Coat for my Birthday.  It was devine!  Sometimes I miss my large tummy (but never the large everything else).

catwoman7
on 1/23/17 7:47 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I've yet to go to Pig in a Fur Coat, too - geez I need to get out more often!  We used to go to all the new restaurants in town (well, not chains - but all the new local ones).  Now there are jillions I haven't been to yet!  

I know what you mean about occasionally missing your large tummy.  I thought that when I was down south awhile ago and eating BBQ.  It was so wonderful that I didn't want to stop eating it!!!

rachelp
on 1/23/17 7:03 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Good morning DD2 and menu peeps! I had a pretty low key weekend. I spent pretty much my whole day Saturday cleaning so Sunday I got to do absolutely nothing! It was nice. Yesterday we had beautiful sunny weather but 40 -60 mph wind all day! It was nuts and we kept losing power. It was so loud too!

QOTD: I am kind of both. It just depends I guess but I am definitely more of night person I think. My husband and his whole family are night people so when we are all together it is common for everyone to visit into the early AM time. Sometimes I can't stand it though. I like to sleep late but never past 10am. Oh, and I am horrible at getting up in the morning for work! I am NOT a morning person.

B - Coffee with creamer & miralax, chicken soup protein powder

L - Meatloaf with a dab of A1 sauce

S - Cheese stick

D - Chicken thigh

Yesterday I was so proud of myself. As I mentioned above, yesterday was a lazy day so I didn't feel like cooking. My husband was begging and pleading for me to go pick some fast food up. I will only go to Taco bell or Chick fil a because they are the only ones that really have something I can have. He didn't want either of those. I was so tempted to just go and get something off plan just so I didn't have to cook but I sucked it up and cooked pesto chicken thighs. After we ate I was so happy because I didn't feel guilty for what I ate!! It was worth it!

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

catwoman7
on 1/23/17 7:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

awful night for sleeping - sick cat.  I gave her some mirtazapine around 5:00 am after I was sure her stomach had settled down (she's had IBD for awhile, and it seems like she's getting worse now (she's 18 years old) - I just emailed the vet - they may want to increase her prednisolone or something.  Poor kitty!!  I felt awful!!)

QOTD:  by nature I'm more of a night person, but I have to force myself to be a day person because of work.  Left to my own devices, like when I've been on vacation for a few days, I gradually drift to a point where I'm falling asleep around 3:00 am.  Ugh!    Normally, though (since I'm working), I'm in bed around midnight and awake around 6:30 or 7:00.

19 months out:

B:  homemade plain Greek yogurt with NSA blackberry/blueberry sauce

S:  NSA protein/Miralax mango lassi, coffee with half & half

L:  1 C cottage cheese, possibly a satsuma orange (fabulous orange - although that would make me a bit heavy on fruit today....)

D:  leftover chicken fajita (meat & veggies only)

maybe another Greek yogurt later if I can afford the calories

exercise:  went for the first time last night since I sprained my ankle.  Did Aqua Zumba.  Figured something in the water would be "safe" for now.  It was.  Might go to a gentle yoga class tonight.  

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/23/17 7:37 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I hope your kitty feels better.  

I was up a lot last night with my 14 year old lab.  She was obviously stiff and suffering -- I gave her an extra pain pill -- which helps but made her have to pee a lot.  She was so exhausted that she was huffing and whining.  I finally got her to sleep and slipped a diaper on on her.  Yes.  My lab wears a diaper.  Cloth at that...

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

pammieanne
on 1/23/17 8:58 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

labs!

My 5lb Yorkie wears diapers too... but that's because she's a rotten mess  NOT because she can't help it!

Oh and they are cloth too! (I do add a panty liner in there so when she does go, it catches more of it! If I could fit a bigger pad in there, I definitely would!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/23/17 9:04 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I actually use hemp liners left over from cloth diapering my son.  She is determined to go outside -- but her back legs are losing most feeling due to dysplasia and arthritis.  Sometimes when she is sleeping she will wet herself without realizing.  Sometimes she will lose just a little struggling to get to the door --  During the day, I use just the cloth diaper --- but at night or if she's knocked out -- I slip the hemp pad in and put a bed liner under her -- just in case.  

My husband built her a ramp to get down to the grass from our deck -- so she does pretty well.  This morning she fell down the ramp -- and I'd actually prefer to diaper her today and let her legs rest.  But she refuses to just "go" in the diaper -- 

Poor thing.  Getting old sucks.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

catwoman7
on 1/23/17 10:35 am
RNY on 06/03/15

poor puppy!!

my kitty has arthritis as well, but it's not too bad yet.  We have pet stairs that go up to our bed - and she has a heated cat bed that she loves.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 345 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 204 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 221 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 124 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?