What's on your Menu today (Monday) RNYers?

pammieanne
on 1/23/17 11:46 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Getting old does suck 

Both of my last labs had horrible back leg/hip issues... and neither one of them were papered to my knowledge! One was from a shelter, and the other one just showed up at my sister in laws house.

Now we have boxers... and boxers have cancer issues... Cant win for losing.

Your husband is a good guy! 

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/23/17 12:05 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Ours is a rescue, too

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Kakesie
on 1/23/17 2:51 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Oh, poor baby!

Patty R.
on 1/23/17 11:26 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Oh, poor fur babies, such important members of our families    

We lost our 13 yo kitty right after Christmas. Our Lab Boomer, 12, is on pain meds twice a day. Arthritis so bad he no longer lifts the leg to pee. We'll need to carry him up and down the stairs soon.

Daisydoo02
on 1/23/17 1:19 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

You know LABS are my life so I had to respond!  There is nothing I would not do for my dogs!  

Does your girl have arthritis or is it beyond that?  My two will be turning 8 this summer and they are starting to slow down and they are more stiff after our hikes etc.  We put them on Glucosamine & Chondroitin a few weeks ago, and my chocolate Lab Amy who was limping bad after our hikes is now jumping around and playing like a puppy.  Best money ever spent. 

Sorry your girl is uncomfortable.  Sending lots of love and rest for her (& you as I am sure you are tired too). 

When Amy first went into heat we put her in a diaper, its what we do as doggie parents right!  I see nothing wrong with it! 

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/23/17 1:40 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

No, I didn't know you had labs!  Molly is especially important to me as she was my dad's dog.  He spoilt her terribly -- but she was by his side when he left this world unexpectedly.  I swear to you, she grieved only second to me.

Molly is about 14 now -- she was a rescue dog after a terrible beginning of severe abuse.  You'd never know it -- she's an alpha who is bossy and stubborn.  She is smart as a whip, too.  Naughty is the adjective that best describes her.  

She suffers both dysplasia and arthritis in her rear legs.  It's worse with severe weather fluctuations -- and sometimes she seems to have a lot less control that others.  I had prescription meds for her -- but those had such terrible side effects, that we decided it wasn't worth it.  Like my german shepherd who suffered the same terrible fate (who lived to see 17 years!!) -- we just modify to accommodate our old girl -- and as long as she has quality of life -- she will have a life here in our family.

We have her on 3 different types of medications -- two of which also include Glucosamine and Chondroitin.  They do help somewhat.  We use aspirin sometimes -- but that makes her have to pee a lot -- which is hard on her.  My mother sends a CBD ointment from Oregon that we use on her when she's really suffering, too.  She's food obsessive -- but we must keep her weight down for her own good (a cruelty in my mind!) -- so I do make her dog food in the crockpot - to supplement her dry diet.  

We definitely love our naughty girl!

Daisydoo02
on 1/23/17 2:50 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Molly is gorgeous! Its those eyes!!! I love that she was a rescue and loved your Dad.  Oh for sure I think dogs grieve and "feel." When I had my surgery the day I came home from the hospital, I went upstairs to have a shower and as I was coming back down the stairs my boy Oliver would not leave my side. My husband was calling him and calling him as he was worried he would trip me on the stairs or something but no, I took a step, he took a step and on & on. It was amazing!  

We have British Labs. Very barrel chested and muscular with the short jaw/nose. Personally I think they are stunners ha ha ha

Olive is my black beauty. He is total Mama's boy. He is at my side 24/7 and we have a very special bond.  Amy is my chocolate goddess. Very independent, very sassy but sweet as a button. She is a hunter and loves to be outside in the woods and looking for critters, Oliver much prefers the couch ha ha  Amy is smart as a whip too, I swear she can do calculus if I asked her.  Feel free to look at my FB pics, its pretty much Oliver & Amy all the time!! They are my world.

Sorry to hear that Molly has bad days, it must be hard to watch.  I hate having my two on meds as well. Changes their personalities and yes they have to pee all the time!!! 

My husband and I were not able to have kids so these two Labs are my kids and I call myself the crazy Lab Mom ha ha

Thanks for sharing about Molly, she is gorgeous and I want to bury my face in her neck in all the soft yellow fur!  Thanks for being such an awesome doggie Mom.  

Here are my two babies:

Oliver my Mama's boy

Amy, my sweet sweet girl

Me and my fur-babies after a run

Kakesie
on 1/23/17 2:55 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Love those pictures of Amy and Oliver, Daisy!  

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/23/17 5:53 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

OMG -- they are gorgeous.  I love their faces -- they look so pensive and regal! 

Stunning -- my father would have absolutely adored them.  His wish was to have a yellow, chocolate and black lab rescue.  He told me, if there were a heaven -- he hoped his job would be greeting dogs as they entered.

I'd like to think that's exactly what he's doing.

catwoman7
on 1/23/17 7:52 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

great pictures - I especially love the one of you with both of them.  Looks like a professional family portrait!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 201 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 14 views