Recent Posts

Kerrilynn S.
on 5/8/04 5:07 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/28/12
Topic: RE: miss my bike
Oh Jeannie, Guess what? You are not even living here yet and *surprise* you have so many new biker friends that you have not even met yet! You just wait! I was the third one in my social group to get my bike 3 years ago and now there are 15 of us that have all bought bikes! The girls outnumber the guys! We are planning a trip to Colorado for the 4 Corners Rally Ride over Labor day weekend. Most will leave on Wednesday and come back on Monday. If you've got the time to spare for that ride, you MUST come with us. It is a blast! Last year was our first time there and we had so much fun. It takes place in Inglacia Colorado but we took day trips all over! From Durango to Telluride! In the summer we don't ride much because of the heat - but when the cooler months come - do we ever! My first year I put on 13K with the group You are going to find yourself in bike heaven here! We have a yahoo group you should join: Arizona Biker Babes I look forward to meeting you so that I can officially say "welcome to Arizona". This is a wonderful state to live in. I moved here in 1996 and have never regretted it once! Only time I've moved away from family & friends & tho it was hard to do, I did it and my life has been so enriched by this beautiful place I now call home! I moved my grandmother here this year and my parents bought a winter dig and spent their first winter here this year. Slowly but surely I'll have 'em all here *wink* Kerrilynn
granola
on 5/7/04 4:09 pm
Kerrilyn, I just bought a house in Desert Hills!!! I am moving to your neck of the woods. After I take my safety class would you possibly be willing to ride with a novice Harley chick? I love the area and can hardly wait to be there - I've been down there 4 times over the last 3 months and it is my new home. Jeannie
granola
on 5/7/04 4:06 pm
The biggest surprise I have had is that I fell in love with a leather Harley jacket that laces up the front and up the sleeves, begging to be worn with nothing underneath. I'm shocked at myself - I never!!! I had judgements about that kind of sh*t. But then here I am in the dressing room and loving how it feels and looks on me. What the hell? I don't know anymore from up. I have gone from a size 5X to a 12/14 in 10 months and am not sure who is in here!! Jeannie
Sherri H.
on 5/7/04 2:48 pm - Bakersfield, CA
I'm a Harley girl too, I ride a 2004 Sportster, but would love to have (afford) a Fat Boy some day. I can't wait to have surgery so I will be able to wear some of the cuter "skinny girl" Harley-wear. Sherri
Kerrilynn S.
on 5/6/04 2:37 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/28/12
Hope you enjoy your Heritage as much as I do mine I have a 1998 Heritage Springer 95th Anniversary Edition. I've had her for almost 3 years now and bought her when I was 375#'s. So I do have to beg to differ that even big girls can ride & have all the leathers and gear to go along with it WomanBiker.com has jackets, chaps & more for us. It really is all about attitude regardless of your size! I have never apologized or been intimidated by being a big girl even in the land of augmented breasts & plastic barbies Plenty of biker guys appreciate natural big girls too! ...but I am looking forward to being able to buy a lot of the leather vests and stuff that I like that they are not making for big girls! No matter what, I have the ride and that is all that counts anyway! Kerrilynn
granola
on 4/10/04 8:21 pm
Lucy, This must be very difficult. Bless your heart. God I hurt for you. I just got thin enough to not only know that I am a Harley chick at heart - but am just now getting my very first one. A Heritage Softail Classic in Sierra Red. Screwed up on the pic on my profile - but THEY will fix it. Good luck - Kaiser needs to be severely enlightened. This is me over here crying for you. Jeannie
neilsbabe
on 4/8/04 9:09 am - Oakville, CT
RNY on 05/18/04 with
Topic: RE: So. Cal. Riders
Sounds like you are gonna have a great vacation! I thought it was nice here today, got up to 55 degrees!LOL!!! Congradulations on your 90#, I can't wait to have my WLS. I just went this am and I lost the 10# I needed to, so hopefully I'll be hearing from them soon. Best of luck, Christine
Lucy R.
on 4/7/04 11:33 pm - Acampo, CA
Topic: miss my bike
Too fat to ride. I never thought it could happen. but it did. I cannot comfortably ride and handle my bike like I should .So depressing. My journey to get surgery has been a difficult one, I have Kaiser and they think this is a cosmetic thing. Lack of respect and understanding. I am praying for answers! Meanwhile my bike is being shined pretty often.Lucy
Lucy R.
on 4/7/04 11:27 pm - Acampo, CA
Jeff, I am that wall now! I miss my bike soooooooooo bad. I have gotten too fat to ride.This had been really hard for me not to ride. It is my passion. My reason for getting up in the morning.I know that sounds desprate. It took me years to finally get my own Harley now it sits in the garage waiting waiting waiting for me.It hurts. Thanks for sharing your fun letter. Lucy
Jeff S.
on 4/7/04 5:18 am - Van Nuys, CA
YES, I have been riding almost every weekend, I have hooked up with long time old friend who has a Harley and has been wanting to ride also, we are logging plenty of miles each week. I am surprising him this weekend , I just called him to saddle up on Saturday instead of Sunday for a ride, I am taking him up the coast to Ventura and surprise him with some free passes I just got for the Monster Truck Rally here at the Ventura Fair Grounds, which by the way is 1 block from one of the hotels I oversee. The weather has been excellant 70 - 80 most weekends, I love So. Cal. My friend and I are also looking at starting Scuba Diving also, I am certified he is not, he plans on getting certified and then we will be alternating between riding & diving....life is good, thank GOD for WLS, I am down almost 90 # so far, even my friend commented that he could now see aroung me when we ride, he said before it was like riding behind a wall Ha Ha, Best to you, Jeff
Most Active
Recent Topics
Where is everyone
nymomof2 · 2 replies · 430 views
TV Show, Houston Ladies?
missmollyk · 0 replies · 511 views
LETS GET ACTIVE
rosie09 · 2 replies · 440 views
Hi, fellow "bikers"!
Jean M. B. · 2 replies · 501 views